Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The dog in the back is trying so hard not to laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

The guys hanging out with capys in these pictures are maras, the fourth biggest rodent species. They are cavies like capys and guinea pigs. They're closely related to capys, the difference being that their common ancestor went to the plains and evolved to be more rabbit-like while capys moved to the rivers and marshes and evolved to be hippo-like. Before they were properly classified as rodents they were called the Patagonian hare.

From what I've seen I don't think capys and maras can tell the difference between each other.

I'm not one of those who automatically fawn over any and all capys like some people in this thread. That said, this is best thing I've read all week.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOAfXUshpVY

This is honestly the best thing. Around 1:16 it becomes so hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEAMq3y0950
:allears:

The way they hold their front, fuzzy arms when dancing makes them look like beards. The one in the first video looks so pensively hopeful! :ohdear:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Crossposting from the funny pictures thread:

I love the idea that even if he's one of the most notorious video game bad guys of all time, Bowser is still also a great dad. :unsmith:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

NFX posted:

This cat is fantastic.

I wasn't doin' nothin'! What?!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

it just dawned on me why pallas' cats are so angry looking. It's the eyes with the round pupils instead of the cat slits.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

reminds me of my friend bosco:

He's got the same underbite but you cant see it well here. He's actually happy in this picture.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

TheSmilingJackal posted:

Happy? No. Bosco is.... displeased.

hehe, like I said, you can't see it well in the photo, but Bosco has a permanent scowling underbite. From what I'm told he survived a hit and run to end up like that, and is otherwise perfectly healthy. Even in the best of moods, that's how he looks.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Forever my favourite brushtail possum photo.

The greedy little bastard broke into a pastry shop and gorged himself until he was so fat he couldn't even move. Compare the tiny hole he chewed in the box with how big his belly is now. Alos, that box would have been full of neat rows of pastries - now look at it.

:allears:

That's it! You've caught me! I've gorged myself to the utmost, I've lived a full life. I have no reason to fight anymore, I die a happy possum!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Violet_Sky posted:

From imgur:

My mom bought me groceries at xmas because I spent too much on presents too...

Wait a second, that looks an awful lot like my couch. What the hell?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Kimmalah posted:

Back when our oldest kitty was just a goofy young kitten (and an outdoor cat) he herded a possum up on to our back porch with this look like "can I keep him?" He didn't have any interest in hurting or killing it, he just followed along behind it until it was on our porch. Once he became an indoor cat, he did something similar with a cricket: he put it in his mouth, ran up the stairs and let it hop back out into the kitchen.

Back when I first met my now-ex-wife, her family had an outdoor cat that they'd put food and water out for. I quickly noticed that the cat had a possum buddy that would share the food and just like, hang out with it at night. :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Croisquessein posted:

I often wonder if animals find other animals cute like we do. Like, this makes me think whales see dolphins as little whales and go "awwwww" and want to play with them.

As far as I understand it, science has determined that "cute factor" in babies encourages nurturing from the parents, so yes, in essence, this is probably a little true. They theorize based on fossils that many dinosaur species recognized "cute" as well, and took care of their young :3: Also, I've heard that llamas can't tell that goats aren't baby llamas, and constantly keep protecting them.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Kennel posted:

Dog Magic!

I swear, they're giving the dog version of the "ta-dah!" Gesture...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Duh-dun

quote:

Duh-dun duh-dun

quote:

Duh-dun duh-dun duh-dun duh-dun--

quote:

DOOOOG!!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

TheMaestroso posted:

It makes sense considering that group of lizards is partly arboreal. Seeing it happen in an apartment setting, however, is somewhat surreal.

Fake edit: I just looked it up, and apparently tegu lizards aren't directly related to monitor lizards like I thought. Weird.

That reminds me of a story back from my college days. I had a friend that collected lizards for whatever reason, and at the place he and another friend stayed at he had a monitor that would wander around. they make decent low-maintenance pets. the lazy thing would rarely clean off its own shedded skin in some spots though, so it'd be walking along and just have like, a layer of dead scales just sitting on its own head. Anyways, one day the friend sat down with a banana to eat, and oh my goodness, it was the only time I'd ever seen that lizard move fast. it CRAVED that banana. It rushed over, and started jumping at his legs like an excited puppy until he gave him some. So adorable.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Alter Ego posted:

I cannot stop making the same :haw: face as this dog.

I went on an ADVENTURE today!! :haw:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Someone needs to shop this so the cat is jetting through the clouds ala superman. Maybe adding some heat rays to thwart is doggie nemesis.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ohmygod this is amazing. The way it was lined up, the "Yahoo!" was right after the slow zoom on the one, right as it takes off. Perfect. :kimchi:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

cmykjester posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a Capybara ever move now that I think about it.

They don't. The Earth moves around them.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Not sure if it's a repeat, but animal buddies are always welcome here. Today this gem popped up on my facebook feed.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

bobjr posted:

The otters are learning.

I keep watching this, and it just keeps getting funnier each time he clobbers the other one.

:v: Oh hey, what's that you ha--WHAMMO!!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Speaking of animal buddies

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

I said nothing about whether they'd kill you or not. Remember we have the ONLY poisonous mammal (and it's super adorable).

Not quite. There are THREE species of poisonous mammals in the world. To be fair, youu have two (echindas are also poisonous), but the short-tailed shrew is a Western Hemisphere creature. (Sidebar--google, it's very difficult when your fuzzy search terms include things that are quantifiably different. When I double-check for the world's poisonous mammals, I definitely am not lloking for venomous ones.)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Ego Trip posted:

That owl looks so mad. :allears:

And the vulture totally has a Flintstones-eque "Eh, it's a living..." expression!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

kinmik posted:

I love this little infographic.

The entire time I was holding Seth, I kept mumbling "puppy mouth" to myself. I'll be going back eventually to volunteer there.

Every single time I see a python I think of this infographic and it makes me smile :3:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Haruharuharuko posted:

Forgot to tell the cat we're having a kid

Told the toddler to feed the cat

When I was telling my parents I was going to be a dad, I told my mom over the phone. I realized as I said it that it was the first time I said it out loud in front of my cats, and I swear to god one of them made this same reaction in front of me. It was hard stifling my laughter while talking to my mom.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

Cute thread, I need your help. My wife and I just adopted a dog a few hours ago, and we're stumped for a name.

He's a chihuahua, originally from California. He was a stray before the shelter picked him up, and then he was shipped up to the Toronto Humane Society. He's light brown with a white stripe down his chest, and a snaggle tooth. He's been super happy and affectionate since we brought him home, but we can't think of a name for this little guy. Any suggestions?

Missingno :v:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

A shame that the box is cut off. It's very obviously the game "Mousetrap".

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nightmare Zone posted:

That post reminds me of Hulu's current April Fools prank. :3:

Not going to lie, that sounds like the perfect lazy sunday afternoon viewing.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Terrible vicious cat attack.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Hello, I am Dog. Did you know of the terrible, terrible tragedy jars cause animals every day? For just the price of a milkbone each day, you too can come to the rescue of helpless animals like Mister Wumpus here trapped in jars...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

It's how proud he is that he finally pushed the cat off that makes this great.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Someone asked for fluffy goodness? Well it just so happens that tonight my gf sent this picture of these two guys she was getting to hang out with:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Man, that is one huge orang.

They're all pretty big. Keep in mind they, like all apes whose name doesn't begin with "human" almost never unbend their knees, not to mention that orangutans are pretty sedentary often and tend to sit around when they're easily observable. A slouch can hide a significant amount of body mass.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I like the BCR video where they show the cats mirrors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHN7vJW8t5o

Most of the animals are like "Holy crap! They got ANOTHER one of [my species]?!" while the lions are all "Yeah, I know how mirrors work human, I'm very very pretty after all..."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

Dogs meeting kittens for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5LwcvVAKDg

I love how the frenchie and the kitten have the exact same game plan "Bite and grab!"

Also, in related videos: Animal Buddies!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Holy crap, that Big Cat Rescue video with the mirrors had me cackling like an old lady.

Since GoT is starting up again soon, I submit this video that you've probably already seen but is still loving adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEg4SEch27w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHf8W_7kc-w
:colbert:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Reminds me of Magic for Dogs

Part Two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I've been having a really bad day (including surprise surgery), and this made me laugh so hard, and I don't know why.

Thanks a lot, ya jerk. :3:

• Locked thread