Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holttho
May 21, 2007

holttho
May 21, 2007

"scientifically directed artist's rendition" is actually pretty drat accurate.

When you get down to one photon on the quantum mechanics level, none of the rules really even apply. Photons don't go the speed of light, they go both faster and slower. They don't go in a straight line, they not only curve, but sometimes go backwards or get caught in spirals. And the angle of incidence is not the angle of reflection; they bounce wherever the hell they want. They just average out to to the standard rules. The camera just works by taking in a ridiculous amount of data and sorts out the even-more-ridiculous amount of noise to give you the neat little video.

Though don't be fooled, there is some real science going on there. If you want a mind boggling proof on all that stuff, Richard Feynman's QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter is a fascinating read. However, even though Feynman's prose is awesome to help you understand, as armchair scientist books go, it is extremely difficult due to the non-intuitive nature of the subject matter.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Weird Al does magic?

Weird Al rules. Also, glad to see him with the 'stache again. Him and Alex Trebek just need to keep that soup-strainer forever.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Opal posted:

Is this some kind of competition?

Childrens programming, most likely.

"how to play well with others"

holttho
May 21, 2007

gta_civilians.gif

holttho
May 21, 2007

Is your phone... dial up?

holttho
May 21, 2007

Oh man, I'm already gettin hungry...

holttho
May 21, 2007

Yea, she totally weighed the pros and cons of being filmed there and decided that yes, she is going ahead with it.

holttho
May 21, 2007

holttho
May 21, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

Nope, just stated who she was and didn't give an opinion.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Davfff posted:

open the door and walk the other way.

Walk through it? How gauche!

holttho
May 21, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

For just a second, I didn't think this was CGI. I'm disappointed. (To be clear, it wasn't that I thought that real toddlers were super martial artists; it's that I wanted to see actual toddlers having a cosplay slapfight.)

Really good news!

holttho
May 21, 2007

Like most Australian sporing events, it is actually just a scheduled fight and occasionally a sport breaks out.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Boy, that dog gets around

holttho
May 21, 2007

Just as long as Batman upholds his moral code and doesn't kill anybody, then it'll be good. Now, if they happen to die once he leaves slowly and painfully of horrific internal injuries sustained while fighting him, that's their own drat fault.

I remember the quality fights.

holttho
May 21, 2007

Truly, we live in an age of wonders. The future is here, people!

holttho
May 21, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

What problem is that solving? Or did someone's kid graduate college and needed a project.

They probably figured the brakes on their cars weren't bursting into flames enough due to lack of ventilation.

holttho
May 21, 2007

flosofl posted:

Do they still allow people to stack up like that on the route? How many end up taking a car to the face each year?

That was Group B racing, which was shut down a while ago for the exact reason you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holttho
May 21, 2007

Siffl posted:

There's only a pilot, but it's the best 22 minutes you'll have today.

Did someone say Lookwell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQ3HbB0c8Y

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookwell

A pilot written by Conan OBrien and Robert Smigel staring Adam West in 1991.