Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
It needs a version where the little sub-blades activate in a ripple instead of all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

First thing I thought when I saw that was 'this would make a great track for Crypt of the NecroDancer'.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Back on page 1, this

kicked off a dance party, but all I could think when I saw it was

(source video)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Robert Denby posted:

I'm actually going to be making some "Die Hard" gifs later; these came from "Art of the Title". Any scene requests?

The 'no more bullets' bit?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Y'know, sometimes I see a video of some kid screwing up a skateboard trick or something, and I'm like, okay, that was dumb of him, but he had a goal in mind. Maybe he could have pulled it off, or maybe he was ignoring some fundamental physical law, but either way he wanted something to happen that would have looked cool. And then I get clips like this, and I ask myself: what did he think would happen? Not in the 'dur he's so stupid' sense, but genuinely, legitimately wanting to know what his desired outcome was.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I asked already, but can I get a scene or two of the scene where Gruber tries to shoot McClane with his own gun?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

JEEVES420 posted:

Pushing 30 means your still in your 20's. That should be pushing 40, or just in your 30's

Or he could mean that the third panel is for most of the 20s, and the last one is for when you hit 29.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

quote:

The system is indicated for urologic surgical procedures

Well, that's just great. I have to pee now, and the damned thing is hiding.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Genius.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Your Computer posted:

This reminds me of another gif of someone unmasking only to be the same underneath. Might've been a cartoon, I can't remember. Anyone?

Is this what you were thinking of?

(Not a Photoshop, by the way; the angle was that Sting was pretending to be a Sting fan wearing a cheap mask in order to punk that wrestler.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

duz posted:

The most boring gif ever

that isn't a boring machine

Clever, but it breaks if the images don't load simultaneously for whatever reason. (Heck, just previewing my post broke it.) That said, I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to make a version that was a single GIF and not, like, ten megs in size...

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Spotted this on Tumblr:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Is there a tool people use to generate images like this?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

...no, seriously. Is there a program I can feed a video or something and pick a point for it to freak out like that? Or a guide to corrupting the file properly? Or something?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

sirbeefalot posted:

The little ones are fun!
You don't want to gently caress with the little ones either. Apparently there have been cases of little kids swallowing those itty-bitty neodymium magnets and having one find a magnet that was swallowed a few hours previously and sticking to it. That said magnet is in a different part of the intestines is immaterial.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Krowley posted:

Good for you I guess but not everyone lives in a place with 0 snow, and this clearly includes the people in that gif who should've put on some god drat winter tires

Thank god the tow truck driver bailed in time. That is what happened, right? I didn't just watch someone die?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

For just an instant, as he dissolved into the quantum foam, he smiled. He'd finally discovered the secret. It was only a pity he could no longer share it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

This should help

What the hell? Did they Photoshop a girl's face onto Fabio's body? Badly?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Ewar Woowar posted:

Can someone make this into an avatar? I don't have anything to give in return except love

I forget what the new limits are on avatar sizes. This is 125x125 and 89k, which I believe falls within them. I could try adding dithering, but that'd bring up the file size; if anyone knows the limits, I can try again!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I was recently reminded of a certain series of commercials:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Basticle posted:

this might make a good avatar

If you tell me what the clip is from, so I can get a better starting point, I'll see what I can do.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So I did a stream of me playing Silent Hunter 4, and someone asked me afterward if I'd recorded it for posterity. I said I hadn't expected anyone to want to watch it after the fact, but since I still had the stream saved locally, I decided to make a 'highlights reel':

Then someone had an interesting response:

Natty Ninefingers posted:

Good lord. I mean, I know you did that on purpose but-drat.

While you're at it, can we have Down Periscope as a gif as well?

...well, all right.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

What's this from?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

davidspackage posted:

I know this isn't the ideal thread to ask but does anyone have a link to something that explains how to get those corrupted video effects where the video sort of freezes up and it can end up looking like a drat nightmare? I'm having no luck googling it and I could really use it for a project.

The word you're looking for is 'datamoshing'. Hopefully you can find what you need with it!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

MizPiz posted:

To be fair, that applies to pretty much every cartoon based on a popular movie during the late 90s and early 00s.

And nearly every cartoon from the 80s. God some of them had gorgeous title animations. Too bad they spent the entire budget on them.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Trabant posted:

For some reason it reminds me of

As I've said before of images posted in this thread: what was the desired outcome?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I have an odd request, since folks are posting MST3k GIFs. Here's one from the original intro sequence:

My question is: what movie is that? I'm guessing it's 'Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars', but I don't know for certain.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

That was, in fact, what drew my attention to it.

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's from Invaders From the Deep.

https://vimeo.com/116829324

Thank you kindly!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Now someone edit in spiders being flung in every direction...

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Haruharuharuko posted:

Bobs discount coffin warehouse has another satisfied customer
https://zippy.gfycat.com/WigglyIdealHarborseal.webm

That's :nws:. And also staged, pretty sure.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

That weird crouch the woman does over the body? She's covering his dick. In a way that 'just happens' to look like she's humping the corpse.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Tumblr has some pretty fun 404 background animations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Again I find myself asking: what was the sawing guy's goal?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ever have one of those days?

Needs more black and white.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

A little late for Easter, but Lizard Wizard sent me this:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Has this ever happened to you? (ad for the Sandwich Circler goes here)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Do you have any more Sledgehammer gifs?

I have the first season on DVD. If you have a specific scene in mind, I could come up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Flipperwaldt posted:

No clue what episode or season, but I'd like to see the gun-shaped hairdryer again.

I have both seasons on DVD but I don't have a player anymore :(

I'll try to find it. In the meantime, have these:

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing."