Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Tunahead posted:

The current top guy in World Wrestling Entertainment is called Roman Reigns. Every time he makes an appearance, there is an absolute shitstorm of people booing despite WWE trying to portray him as a good guy. His on-screen persona is entirely artificial, and he communicates almost entirely through childish and repetitive stock phrases. He's portrayed as some kind of man of the people despite being a multi-millionaire who lives in luxury. The WWE persist in giving him all the best main event opportunities despite his unpopularity, which just makes all his fake accolades seem even more artificial and unearned.

That's probably the most prominent thing happening in wrestling right now. Draw your own conclusions.

When I stopped watching wrestling, they were doing this exact thing with John Cena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Honestly that's my dream job.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I once went to a homeopath who had what I can only describe as a zombie dog, and if you're telling me dead people smell worse than that I'm just going to actively do everything in my power to keep that smell out of my brain.

Poor doggy wanted to be friendly too, but there was no way I was going to touch him for fear of never washing that smell off, and also because a chunk of him would have fallen off.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is upsetting.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

If there was a theme park that would let you dress up like monsters and trash miniature cities I would go there every week.

You can do this at LegoLand, but only once.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Parasite Eve movie is actually pretty good.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hel posted:

Is it based on the original book or is it actually tied to the games?

It's an adaptation of the book, and came out before the video games.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Despite what Minecraft has taught us, hitting trees is not an efficient way to cut them down.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
You then spend the next two hours feeling like absolute poo poo and hugging your dog while crying.

"No don't try to leave. Stay here and understand how much I LOVE YOU OH GOD I HOPE I DIDN'T GIVE YOU BRAIN DAMAGE! :cry:"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sounds like some communist bullshit, if you ask me. :colbert:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was thinking about this the other day and I don't know if it makes me miss watching wrestling, or makes me glad I stopped.

Please don't make me explain this.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

They haven't been that funny in over a decade so you're not missing anything anyway.

I stopped watching when they got rid of the Spirit Squad, which looking at Wikipedia, was shortly after the baby punting.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Please do because it looks like he punts a baby and that poo poo owns.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Once upon a time, there was a man named Matt Hardy. Known for high-flying acrobatics and an "extreme" aesthetic, he had a counterpart in Lita, his on-screen and real-life girlfriend.

Kane, a man possessing demonic fire powers after being burned as a child and raised by a ghoul, suddenly takes a liking to Lita, and claims her as his own. He fights Matt Hardy for her, wins, and rapes her. She gets pregnant from this.

A walking steroid named Gene Snitsky had a match with Kane, where Lita is accidentally hit, and miscarries. Kane, driven by rage and grief, goes after Snitsky. Despite claiming innocence due to it being an accident, Snitsky lays into it hard and takes on a gimmick of being "The guy that killed that baby" and antagonizes Lita to upset Kane, leading to the baby punting.

Lita now willingly stands by Kane's side as he defends her honor, and Snitsky is ultimately defeated and the good guys win.

Then real-life news comes out that Lita has been cheating on Matt Hardy with fellow wrestler, Edge. Matt Hardy reveals this on social media, and is promptly fired for breaking the illusion that everything in wrestling is real. Lita becomes a bad guy because the audience can't stop calling her a whore, and she teams up with Edge, and they now have a fight with Kane. Edge enlists the help of Snitsky to help beat Kane, offering him some alone time with Lita's feet as a reward (no, seriously), and Lita forgives and thanks him for killing her baby.

At some point, Matt Hardy is quietly rehired, and a storyline goes forward based on the real-life events with Edge and Matt having a feud. Matt loses. Edge celebrates by moving on to antagonizing wrestling legend Ric Flair over a real-life arrest, starting a feud between the two. Edge celebrates victories over Flair by planning to have sex with Lita in the middle of the ring on television.

And then things just get silly from there so I'll stop.

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Aug 26, 2018

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

Wrestling is redneck anime

It's a badly written soap opera where people punch each other instead of throwing water in each other's faces. Sometimes it's amazing garbage, and sometimes it's just regular garbage. There was just too much regular garbage that I tapped out and haven't really looked back.

Next time I'll tell you how Triple H hosed a corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Me online vs me in real life.