Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

I only read The Bacta War, and reviews for the latter are pretty mixed

I want new stuff about Star Wars muggles, dammit

Corran Horn turning into a Jedi kind of hosed up that series. Dinner Squadron 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Everyone in the Maw was autistic as gently caress. Much like the people reading about them.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Corporate Kane posted:

i hope boba fett has his original voice and not that maori bullshit

I hope they keep the original actor as well

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

I can't put my finger on why, but those Rogue Squadron, Jedi Starfighter games weren't half the games that X-wing and Tie Fighter were.

Console games. And they tried to have too much of a story rather than just a military campaign.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy should come with a cd-rom. I'm not kidding, if it were 1994 that would likely be a much more awesome release. Speaking of 1994, I was reminded the other day of a star wars eu thing that is awesome, https://archive.org/details/StarlogStarWarsTechnicalJournalVol02TheImperialForces I must've been about 14 when it came out but I probably read it over and over for a week.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Fetus Tree posted:

Same except I loved those books and read them cover to cover many times :shrug:

The ones about technology and ships were the only ones not boring as gently caress.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

david... posted:

this is eerily good

It beautifully illustrates how low effort everything in the EU actually is.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Rhombus Glitterflight

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Can Can Banks

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Wait wouldn't everybody be ugly because all the hot people were captured by pirates? Or did the pirates capture the hot people and kill the uglies.

They're basically gay space vikings.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Apparently wookies don't age and/or Chewie was literally a child in the originals. I want to know what that new emblem of the empire or whatever was for.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Galactic Conquest was the best circa 2004 or so. Whatever that loving autist has done since has tarnished the reputation of a legitimately great mod. It was up there with modern combat as far as fun/quality.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

If R2 actually had all that info in him the entire time he's the galaxy's biggest rear end in a top hat. I mean c'mon gently caress that guy. Watched Luke try to bang his sister. Let him think his dad is dead. Worst friend.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Clone Trooper episodes are one of the best because it plays out like a war movie especially after they start seeing everyone die and realize that they're expendable and that there was no real way to erase the sense of individualism and self preservation from human clones. Because they develop individual personalities from just being exposed to poo poo.

The clones are the best part of that series. The various hairstyles and tattoos they get to distinguish themselves over time are a really well done detail. The one episode with the deserter who started a family with a twilek was especially good.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

just remembered how according to the EU, the empire's trap with the 'non-functioning' death star in return of the jedi was actually just IG-88 uploading his consciousness to the Death Star's main computers and fixing everything up for them and manually firing the laser and the imperials were just as surprised as the rebels.

Wait. During the trap? Was Sheev in on this?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

FreeSpace 2 was the greatest space sim ever made and also killed the genre.

Let me tell you about a little game called Elite: Dangerous

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yup. Just look at the marvel movies they made.....

to be fair the avengers movies have been by the numbers. the ones in the middle are the ones theyve taken a bit of license with and are generally better movies for it.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

loquacius posted:

the douchey guy with the sideburns that Obi-Wan talks to for like a second

Best part of this was that he used Greedo's corpse to make some kind of special liquor and got rich off it.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

SaltLick posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Davin_Felth

Davin Felth said "Look sir, droids!" and has a ridiculous amount of poo poo

This is quite possibly the dumbest poo poo I've read so far.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Ivor Biggun posted:

[e] or the snack frogs from TPM which were also food instead of secret rebel agents
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gorg

wookiepenis posted:

In Huttese, "hot chubas" were called "hotsa chuba".

Someone at some point in time thought that was a real important edit.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I liked Empire because the Imperials win.

Same.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Dely Apple posted:

Imperial Walkers, who keeps making them so easy to push over

Seems like a poor design but that's kind of the Empire's thing isn't it

If only Veers had listened to Davin Felth....

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The marvel comics are surprisingly good. The ones focusing on Vader especially.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's really dumb that they're making books and comics to bridge the gap but gotta make that green. all the people that eat this poo poo up are the worst kind of fan.

The comics are cool and good.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

the celebrants on coruscant being cut down by imperial police is george lucas levels of hilarity. it's a space fairy tale not a political thriller.

and the holiday special is unmitigated trash to the point lucas wants every copy destroyed.

I was talking more the Star Wars/Vader alternating series. Those are excellent and aren't the typical EU trash.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

I would not mind seeing some wraith squadron stuff re-canonized.

Dinner Squadron 4eva.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

But they aren't real if they aren't canon, watch the movies idiot, it tells you that it's all based on true historical events.

As a real young kid I used to daydream that Lucas was a refugee from the Empire. In my dreams Star Wars was based on real events but was false pro-rebel propaganda. One day the Empire would track him down and conquer the Earth. Then, at last, I would be able to go to space and die in some shithole to an IED after being conscripted into the Imp Army.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

As a real young kid I used to daydream that Lucas was a refugee from the Empire. In my dreams Star Wars was based on real events but was false pro-rebel propaganda. One day the Empire would track him down and conquer the Earth. Then, at last, I would be able to go to space and die in some shithole to an IED after being conscripted into the Imp Army.

Keeping with the thread title, the thing that makes me cringe the most is this post.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

You ever been in space, son? Nothing quite like a soft linen shirt with a leather vest to both insulate you and whisk away moisture quicker than a vaporator in the Junland Wastes.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The only good thing about Daala was how they handled her dealing with attrition.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

If it has the same energy as the new Trek movies then who cares. The prequels were loving lifeless and most of the EU even moreso. The fact they have practical effects lets me have a new..... hope?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Fojar38 posted:

according to the article he started a cult

still not as bad as the Jedi droid who sacrificed himself for R2.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

A better story would have used clones instead of droids for the separatists. The Republic would have had to muster an army of normal people bolstered by the Jedi. Over the course of the films the Jedi would be obviously superior and the normal rabble grew resentful of their arrogance etc. Sheev uses the populist disgust about the over class to foster a coup and install the Empire.

A soviet film.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

It always made me laugh that Sheev was able to set up all these wicked evil science labs in the 15-18 years he had running the empire until the battle of Yavin. What did these people do under the republic?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

"It's true. All of it."

:suicide:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Booblord Zagats posted:

Catch 22 with Imperial pilots

Platoon with stormtroopers. Take a hit of deathstick through the breech of a blaster.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I want one of the 3 billion spinoff movies they're undoubtedly going to make to be just a straight-up war movie following a stormtrooper squad. Like a kid-friendly We Were Soldiers or Black Hawk Down or whatever with blasters and plastic armor. Just a whole movie of stormtrooping and TIE strafing runs.

Seriously. The best part of the prequels was the battle in Ep2 in the dust storm. Nothing else came close.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Lol if you don't think the Empire is better than the rebellion.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah. I mean I know it's a science fantasy hero's journey but I really would like that sort of take on it too. I mean, sucks to be that guy whose serving aboard the Death Star, home planet was Alderaan, and was two weeks away from retirement at Yavin.

This is kind of the backstory for Tycho Something in the x-wing books. He defected after they popped Alderaan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I can see the psych damage with fett since he sees dads head get popped off and just has the helmet. It kid of mirrors Rorschach in Watchmen.

I guess the point is that no one writes anything in Star Wars as if they were real people.

• Locked thread