Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
prediction, the new movie will be better than the phantom menace, but not as good as anything in the OT, it will be considered good though, because its better than TPM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Otisburg posted:

Adding a scream when Luke plunges from the precipice after the duel and revelation in ESB.

lol I never noticed that, time to put the esb bluray in and be very slightly annoyed with GEORGE LUCAS :doom:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
OK, EU question. I'm watching ESB as I said I would, and right before he meets Yoda, Luke says something along the lines of "there is something familar about this place"

did anyone take that 100% literally and make a story about how luke had been to dagobah before and somehow forgot? THANKS.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if you could mod out that stupid robot I might agree with that

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Booblord Zagats posted:

B-Wing is short for Blade-Wing, since it looks like a sword (thats the official reason)

thats really stupid instead of just having them be different models or something but x wings look like x so here we are

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
those shits are horrible in Empire at War when they run over your dudes though

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so what does that make ewoks then

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
perfect, thank you,yub yub

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Xenomrph posted:

Doesn't Ben Kenobi say their name in the movie itself? Like I'm not sure you can blame the EU for that one

he means that its individually named URoRRuR'R'R, which I'm quite certain Kenobi didn't mention

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what about those alien force negative dudes

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you would think with the power to destroy planets wholesale, they'd at least do the 2 keys to launch the nukes kinda thing.

Or gently caress it, let that E3 down in the weapons bay handle it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Right, but this is star wars, so even if the shot goes wild, its going to hit a planet with Luke Skywalker's niece or something on it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is that the one with the tie fighter on the cover?

anyhow uhhhhh E

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

SirPhoebos posted:

You guys realize that Star Wars is the spiritual successor to Flash "being a Polo Jockey/Jets QB lets me do anything" Gordon?

Mary Sue-ness is loving par for the course.

Also the 80s Flash Gordon had one of the best theme songs. Not that this relates but god drat i love queen and that song

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

sounds stupid as gently caress so I'm going to assume its real

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Fojar38 posted:

congo troopers

a whole planet

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the tie mauler always struck me as a video game designers need for a tank that doesnt walk for the Empire. It might be because I saw it first in one of the RTS games that I think this as I have no evidence about it, and I'm going to guess the wiki is no less than 2500 words

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah i loving hated those things when playing as the rebels. but yeah was in the video game so its totally canon. What about the part where you build the death star and destroy like every planet i guess thats canon too

like jesus loving christ

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It was one of like 3 computer games I had on a deployment to Iraq, I wish I had picked another game looking back

the one that was a reskin of Age of Empires was way better I think but its been like 15 years so gently caress if i know. I mean it's not Han Solo dancing but Age of Empires is pretty solid gameplay

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lets see, in star wars EU was there ever a:

race of beings that were serial rapists?
a young hutt who was a jedi apprentice?
a ghost storm trooper? (not the zombies!)
a journey through a black hole (possibly with a jedi to use the force to navigate)
a race of hedonists who were too lazy to save themselves from destruction?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

codenameFANGIO posted:

Gonna say Xizor's race from Shadows of the Empire has to count for this.

well i suppose the rule is if one does it they all do it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh man does XWA mod work with the gog version yetttttttttttttt

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
uhm I mean we dont use it as a calendar but we do like to use the terms pre 9/11 post 9/11 so I dont think using before/after yavin is crazy

But yeah we don't refer to it as 15P911 or anythi ng

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
please let it be known that I was not defending ABY/BBY

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so someone tell me about the Wampa that saved the universe

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sounds just crazy enough

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
was it aided by the force and thats also the reason it had luke

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
how many force sensitive whales (literally whales) have been in the EU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is he around where the lava is

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ahahahahahah its in wookipedia its just not darth its Sasori

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sasori_Vader

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

willus posted:

theres 9 different kinds of animal the get turned up when you search for whale, you'll have to be more specific

do you mean the naboo whale, which jar jar binks hunted with his father, george,

on an old-timey sailboat

I was just thinking basically a planet of earth like whales.

a talking force sensitive blue whale or humpback or something

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you're right, but i'm over it because i'm still amazed that loving scorpion thing has an entry

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you can search wookipedia for aspergers and it has no results

edit: there is a result for Autism but its something about Jimmy Kimmell

edit: now that they have the canon and legends tab its interesting.

Was looking up the sandcrawler to see if there was any mention of stuff from the SNES version, and I learned that it wasn't storm troopers that were so accurate, it was an IMperial Flying Fortress

also a sandcrawler as seen in the movie (they have different articles for different models) was about 150k credits new, what a deal

thats a dollar more than a standard xwing.

who came up with these numbers holy poo poo. I would like to guess its from some game or something, but certainly some dude figured out space dollar conversions and poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 5, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm not sure whats going on there but I'm guessing thats why the 90s luke toy was fuckin' buff

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
was the most legendary racer ever due to using marginal force abilities to enhance his driving, he allowed Anakin to win after feeling a nagging with the force. It was his first loss ever, and he went on to retire back on his planet of "dudes who race all the time"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I made it up but its probably just as bad as the real one

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so they literally just wrote in RPG classes into the storyline

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'LL TELL YOU WHOSE LUKE SKYWALKER JUST GOT BIGGER