Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Chomp8645 posted:

Well at least he won't have any trouble re acclimating because technology and culture in Star Wars doesn't change at all in 1900 years, much less 190. Hell the ship probably didn't even lose any value.

p sure the early jedi used lightsabers that were hooked up to backpack batteries in order to beat the early sith that used alchemically hardened samurai swords to fight them with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
jabba was apparently a pervert because he found humanoids attractive even tho he was a member of a hermaphroditic species that reproduced via budding

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Darkman Fanpage posted:

jabba the hutt rapes a twi'lek dancer

ok so maybe boba fett didn't rape leia according to whatever

but there's absolutely no way that jabba didn't make her strip in front of him and his entourage

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Young Freud posted:

Just to be fair, Asimov greeted female fans by shaking their breasts instead of their hands.

being a rich old dude sounds sweet as hell

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

drunk asian neighbor posted:

That T-wing article reminds me of something: given that this poo poo takes place in space, where there is zero gravity, drag, wind, etc. who the gently caress cares what a ship looks like?

Why would adding more weapons affect maneuverability in space??

higher mass away from the center of mass produces a higher moment of inertia

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Chill la Chill posted:

Probably foil since I fence saber and there's no need to get the cutting motion when you can just stab. Count Dooku had the right idea. :3:

i still don't understand how that name happened

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Young Freud posted:

Except you pronounce "doo-" as "du-" like "poopoo" or "poo poo" most of the time and the way the Japanese pronounce "do-" as "doh".

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
General Whorm Loathsom

oh god is that canon

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
also from the dooku article

In the Galician and Portuguese languages, "do cu," pronounced exactly as in "Dooku," means "from the rear end." For this reason, Dooku's name was changed to "Dookan" in Brazil.[66]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That just sounds like a man with a sense of humor who's tired of being asked dumb questions.

sheev

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
land-o is the one that lets them land

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jurgan posted:

I do kind of wonder if the "Luke mauled by a wampa and left out in the freezing cold all night" was written to justify what's wrong with his face.

that wampa was sentient and the king of wampas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

boom boom boom posted:

Interesting that it's frowned upon. I guess when Obi-Wan got back from Naboo Mace and Yoda probably kept giving him the stink eye for a while

In rare instances, it was possible however for the recipient of sai tok to survive, either by use of the Force or some other means.

One such case is that in an impressive display of lightsaber technique, Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi used sai tok to defeat Darth Maul during the Second Battle of Theed.[1][10] Maul, however, survived, his spirit kept intact by his intense feelings of hatred fueling the dark side of the Force, and escaped to Lotho Minor, replacing his severed lower body with a 6-legged cybernetic apparatus via the Force.[11] This shabby replacement was replaced years later by Mother Talzin on Dathomir with two legs similar to that of General Grievous.[12] Shortly after, they were replaced by Death Watch Leader Pre Vizsla.[13]

ahahahaha oh man

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Breasts were the mammary glands of mammalian species and some reptomammals,

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Applewhite posted:

Actually I hated the podracing and I think it was lovely.

now this is podracing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Light Gun Man posted:

I feel like Ghostbusters is entirely too goddamn attached to it's original cast and I think the tech and the concept works without them. I guess we'll see soon enough though.

*melissa mccarthy gets her pussy ate by a ghost in the middle of the night*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
also the best ghostbusters EU is The Real Ghostbusters cartoon that featured Slimer as a pet or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

McDragon posted:

Wookieepedia is absolutely my favourite ridiculously detailed wiki for a thing ever. I think part of that is probably how completely bloated and detailed the EU got.

Anyway, here is my favourite article today http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Most_comfortable_chair_ever_designed

Also the article for chairs in general.

e: basically every article about some mundane thing like paper or wheels or spoons

that led me to han solo's sky house

Han Solo's sky house was the dwelling of Rebel hero General Han Solo and his Wookiee companion Chewbacca, designed and built personally by the pair. Solo and Chewbacca had long had the dream of settling in a sky house—a concept of their own design—before they finally got the chance in 5 ABY, when Cloud City Baron Administrator Lando Calrissian offered his old friend Solo a lease on a parcel of sky near Cloud City on Bespin. Solo and Chewbacca took a leave from the Senate Planetary Intelligence Network in order to construct the home in a rented Cloud City warehouse. The sky house was elaborate, a unique feat of engineering which boasted modern conveniences, luxurious furnishings, and such striking features as a rotating living room, a domed kitchen, a full engineering workshop, docking facilities for Solo's ship Millennium Falcon as well as a two-cloud-car garage, outdoor observation areas, and a plethora of bedrooms.

The home was swiftly completed, and Solo and Chewbacca threw a festive housewarming party which many galactic figures attended. Solo received many presents from his friends, most notably KT-18, a housekeeping droid to manage the residence. The intervention of claimant to the Imperial throne Trioculus and vengeful Zorba Desilijic Tiure, foes of Solo and his friends, on Bespin immediately after the party made life there untenable, and Solo was forced to abandon the house only hours after the housewarming party concluded. Solo harbored fond hopes of returning to his dream house, but time ultimately found him dwelling on Coruscant, not Bespin.

so han and chewie built a house to live together in

• Locked thread