Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I really liked The Booth at the End, which was exclusive to Hulu I think.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the-booth-at-the-end/s01/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1554369/

It's spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hey, gently caress you, pal.

This thread will get an appropriate tag when That Mitchell and Webb Look is available on Netflix Streaming again. Peep Show is an alright substitute, though...to complement the holiday season, I recommend S7E5 "Season Beatings".

I think M&W are pretty much all available on youtube if you like poo poo quality.

Weird thing about that show is, thanks to goons constantly linking clips of it I think I've seen pretty much all the good material already.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fishstick posted:

That Mitchell and Webb Look is available on Netflix UK, along with other gems like Black Books, Utopia and Black Mirror. If you have a netflix US (non-DVD) sub, you can use Hola (hola.org) or any other location-spoofing method to watch those. Utopia and Black Mirror alone are worth the hassle, quality miniseries. Black books & Mitchell and Webb are just bonuses at that point.

Utopia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdfJNIMGXx4

Utopia season one is great. Great premise, great execution. Season (series?) 2 is just a retread with some Game of Thrones actress in the first prequel episode to get you hyped and it just gets ridiculous how every freaking character shows up for the multiple dramatic climaxes. Badly written trash.

Black Mirror on the other hand is gold and everyone should watch it. I really hope the next season will be as well done.

And That Mitchell and Webb Look is pretty solid too. I've been watching it from the beginning for the last week. The only problem is so many goons link clips of it that I've seen most of the good material already. v0v

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

I'm a manly man who only only eats raw meat and acid and that show is pretty funny. The daughter starts off bad (rumor was that she could never hut her marks so she had to be led around the set) and somehow gets worse. The rest of the cast is great.

Agents of Shield is up and it's not as awful as everyone initially claimed.
It's not good but I hear it gets pretty amazing toward the end of the first season.

At some point Bill Paxton joins the cast. I remember his eps being pretty decent.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wait are we saying that Bill Paxton shows up in Gilmore Girls or that he shows up in SHIELD? Because I am in season six of GG and, lord, we could really use you Paxton.

Hopefully both (I haven't seen GG).

Mostly just wanted to post a thank you for that hola.org suggestion. I can watch old eps of QI now on youtube. :tipshat:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HogX posted:

On the other hand: I got to the part where the guy in Room 237 boasted about how he figured out the moon landing was faked, and I turned it off. It's basically just crazy people spouting nonsense about a movie.

Room 237 is okay but if you want to get nuts about The Shining watch Kubrick's Gold Story. It's been scrubbed from the internet pretty hard but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWZEwedPkc

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

I sure hope it gets better after the first episode cuz that was not very good or clever

Thinking back on basically every Brit PM I can remember it's at least funny.

Also do not let that make you stop watching it or you won't get to see White Bear. Which is traumatizing in a completely different way.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain Lavender posted:

I saw on the first page that people were wanting That Mitchell & Webb Look, and I didn't see anyone mention the whole show is on Hulu for free. It has been since before it was taken of US Netflix. It's all good quality, so you don't have to deal with youtube.

Thank you, hadn't thought to check there. I'm up to s03e04 on crap youtube. :(

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mexicola posted:

How to be a Man

I was recommended it by a coworker. Went up and thanked him the next day. Great sleeper comedy in the vein of grandmas boy. A grungy sort of stupid movie that is drat entertaining.

Should probably warn you that there is some male nudity in it. Full frontal.

I loved grandmas boy so I will have to check this out.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Kevin Smith's new Jay and Silent Bob cartoon is worse than something out of Newgrounds.

Weak.

I remember liking the Clerks cartoon. Since it was cancelled pretty quickly you could marathon the DVD in like 2-3 hours.

It had a lot of good gags.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

BEAR DRIVE CAR
????!!!

Nicotine fit.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Danny DeVito-directed Duplex is pretty funny (if you can stomach Ben Stiller). A young couple buys a duplex where the upstairs apartment is rent controlled and already occupied by a sweet old lady that they're forbidden to evict. The ink isn't even dry on the sale agreement when they realize the "sweet old lady" is seemingly hellbent on ruining their lives.

Duplex is one of the best dark comedies I can remember in recent years. It does not pull any punches.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Twitch posted:

It's been on Netflix as long as I can remember, but I just watched Bad Santa for the first time in several years and it's still hilarious. I wish Billy Bob Thornton was my father figure/burglar Santa. Keep an eye out for a scene featuring the dude who played Neelix on Voyager.

The Clerks cartoon is probably the best thing Kevin Smith made, because he had a shitload of people controlling his output and editing him. I'm going to say it: Kevin Smith is the George Lucas of comedy.

I haven't seen Clerks TAS since my buddy bought it in like 2000 but it had a lot of great stuff that stuck with me.

Bad Santa, otoh I've seen countless times and it's just a tour de force of awesome. It's kinda bittersweet though because Bernie Mac and Jon Ritter kicked the bucket.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

azflyboy posted:

I just discovered that Amazon Prime has the entire run of Anamaniacs available.

United States, Panama, Mexico, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru...

Scorsese's head.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Oldstench posted:

Why would anyone cringe about watching IT crowd?

You can't get the whole internet into one box like that. Who would believe that?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fishstick posted:

They should be watching Peep Show instead

Agreed.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Fresh Prince posted:

Its an extremely good background noise sitcom.

And the mom was really hot, iirc.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gaunab posted:

drat you! I was just about to post this.

Came here to post it as well.

Good poo poo.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain Lavender posted:

The one episode of Archer Season 5 and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt I watched today both referenced Bunson Honeydew, the muppet. That was so weird for me.

He's not a scientist!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Trailer Park Boys is great to go to sleep to. What's more comforting than the harebrained antics of lovable Canadian trailer trash? It's like, "It's 3 AM--stop worrying about your taxes/interview/car payment--just think about all the money you're gonna make with that hash driveway."

The end titles sound pretty dreamy too.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Whoever recommended Moone Boy, I loving love you. This show is hilarious.

Any other good Irish/British shows?

Did you already watch Peep Show and That Mitchell and Webb Look?

Those are pretty good.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I still say Shaun of the Dead is a better movie than Hot Fuzz :colbert:

To be fair, there's a hair's width between them.

It is a superior film, at least if you're not going to be all analyzing it like some people do.

I suspect it is marihuana that is causing this disparity.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

I... I can see the end...

I think I can reach it!

Elsa give me your hand. Your other hand!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Dusk Till Dawn...that's that movie about a young George Clooney having a crazy party at a bar in the middle of nowhere, right? There's a twist in that?

Yeah that loving Tarantino took them to a strip club and pointed all the cameras at Selma Hayek's feet.

Get help, Q dawg.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Oldstench posted:

Will you guys help me annoy Netflix or Amazon enough that they'll put How It's Made back on streaming? That show is my ultimate sleep aid.

For me just having it grainy and ugly on YouTube is enough because I'm not watching it at that point but ymmv.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
You sycophants can't leave someone alone for saying they don't know why they like thing you like?

Personally, I haven't seen all of it and can't tell if I liked what I saw or what the appeal was.

I happen to prefer My Name is Bruce as a portrayal of a typical Chinaman gone amok.

And Bruce Campbell outshone Kurt Russel in Escape From LA which itself was superior to Escape From NY.

IMHO

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The church is putting dental dams in the same category as condoms now?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

13Pandora13 posted:

Pretty sure oral is sodomy so...yeah?

drat. Pretty sure I heard a Muslim Shaw or something say going down on your wife falls under foreplay.

Catholics are hardcore.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Reign Of Pain posted:

Are you loving serious? :suicide:

Right?

People are real fucky itt

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Reign Of Pain posted:

What is a Yahoo

A Yahoo is a fictional race in Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels.

Other Space is hilarious tho

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Just noticed they finally put up the 8th season of Peep Show on netflix.

If anyone hasn't seen it, you NEED it in your life. British sitcom, based around possibly the most socially awkward people ever committed to film.

Some all-time classic comedy moments, but you will watch them through your fingers. Think "British Curb Your Enthusiasm" and you're pretty close.

Before I finished reading your post I was gonna say CYE (because I'm catching up on it a little late but I'd already seen most of Peep Show) because it's almost physically painful how awkward both shows are.

Paper cuts on the genitals gently soaked in lime juice and yet

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Big Centipede posted:

Make it a boat and not a Choo choo

Maybe get Michael Bay to produce. Some kind of hard nosed military tough guys played by idk, Adam Baldwin types.

I could see it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

radiatinglines posted:

Can someone from northern Ireland reassure me that Sam Neil's accent in peaky blinders is legit? As soon as he started talking all I could think about was how bad it sounded, like a lovely American accent with some leprechaun mixed in. I stopped watching before his first big speech was even over.

You know he's a kiwi, not an American though, right?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ryoshi posted:

I finally finished Bojack Season 2 and man that show is just incredible. It has such ridiculous highs and lows in every single episode.

If someone were to tell me that I'd enjoy a show where a cartoon horse almost hooks up with an underage cartoon deer I would normally tell them to get hosed.

And yet this show is one of the best dramadies I've seen. What the hell.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Totally TWISTED posted:

Oddly enough that really did stand out to me too. The Rock :allears:

I am going to have to finally watch bojack horseman...soon.

Do it!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

To me Bojack got hilarious by episode 5 or so. It was building up to that though and it was worth sticking with. I can't remember any animated series for adults that didn't have a couple of weak episodes at first so I can't complain. Maybe except for the amazing Rick and Morty but that's exactly what it is - an exception.

I rewatched bojack s2 and I can't find any faults in it. If anyone is on the fence about it look up the cast list on imdb. Lots of talented people threw their hats in and did very subtle voice work. If you're like me and tend to try to identify people by voice it's distracting but amazing who's on that show.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Popular consensus is that DS9 is the better of the two. Personally, I liked Voyager, but :shrug:

I guess if you like the campy stuff Voy would be the way to go. DS9 is a solid show though, with occasional gimmick episodes interspersed with the multi season dominion arc.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sighence posted:

Yes.

It's also the Emmy winner.

(It's for the sound)

I thought it was make-up or the salamander creature's special effects. Either way it is a hilarious punchline to the franchise.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Boxman posted:

They don't just mate, they reproduce. The crew takes one look at the lizard babies and go "nope" then just leave 'em on whatever planet they find them on.

If you haven't seen the episode, read no spoilers going in. If you have and it's been a while, I encourage you to watch it again - I just re-watched all of Voyager not too long ago and it blew my mind how completely insane Threshold is.

I like the fact that Kate Mulgrew got frustrated with how they wrote Janeway as an insane person and just went with it.

Show is still objectively bad but eh,

Year of Hell could have been cool if they didn't push the reset button at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The best episode of Voyager was the one where 7 of 9 fought The Rock, and Jeffrey Combs was there.

The best part is that Jeri Ryan had a messy divorce with some Chicago senator dude that ended up with B-Rock the Islamic shock Obama getting a boost in the direction of the presidency.

She had the self esteem to say 'I'm not going to swing my titties around like an extra in Roadhouse, tyvm' and his political ship sank.