Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Pork Loin, Sauteed Apples, Sprouts, Butternut Squash Polenta

Boeuf Bourguignon

Campanelle Bolognese

Shrimp and Grits

Rack of Lamb, Glazed Carrots, Turnip Puree, Cherry Gastrique

Finally got a pizza peel so I can stop loving around with parchment.
Sausage

Duck a l'Orange

Slightly Charred Roast Chicken with Lavender, White Beans, Ginger Glazed Carrots

Seared Tuna, Cucumber Salad, Pickled Mustard Seed, Black Rice

My (sloppy) first attempt at a recipe from Keller's Under Pressure. That poo poo is ridiculous.
Glazed Pork Belly, White Wine Poached Apples with Chard Stems, Braised Chard Greens, Pork Sauce, Mustard Vinaigrette

Beet and Grapefruit Salad

Tagliatelle with Moroccan Spiced Butter, Stuffed Tomato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

You are too kind. :)

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

goodness posted:

Oh dur, yeah I did! I thought you meant the cut of chicken haha.

The injury was a good lesson to learn. This is the first knife I have ever owned that was actually sharp.

Just wait until you get your first mandoline!

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Hello.

170 water bath for 30 hours

Peeled, cubed and sauteed in duck fat because what am I gonna do NOT use duck fat for things?!

Served with all the good stuff.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Yeah the skin pretty much came right off.

There wasn't all that much I had to do, really. I seasoned the tongue with some salt and pepper, vacuum packed it with an onion, tomato, and a little lard. Double-bagged it, let it sit in a water bath at 170 for 30 hours (anywhere from 1-2 days is good i think). Chilled it in an ice bath until cooled. Sliced the skin down the middle and peeled it. Trimmed anything that didn't look desirable, and cut it into cubes. Browned it in a pan for a few minutes until crispy.

I've only ever done it sous-vide, but if you don't have all that stuff you can just simmer it with some water/broth, aromatics or whatever you want for like 6 hours.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Way late on this... I wanted to try making a tasting menu for Thanksgiving this year instead of doing everything family style. Overall it turned out pretty well and was fun to plan although pretty nerve-wracking at times. It was only for 3 people so that helped keep it from being too overwhelming.

Deviled Egg with Serrano Chilies and Crispy Shallots

Carrot and Ginger Soup with Harissa and Pine Nuts

Steamed Buns with Roasted Turkey Thigh, Cucumber, Scallion, and Pickled Mustard Seed

Cranberry-Vanilla Bean Sorbet

Sous-Vide Turkey Breast with Five Spice, Sichuan Green Beans, Tricolor Potato Chips

Sambal Oelek Caramel Corn

Momofuku Apple Pie, Miso Butterscotch, Sour Cream Ice Cream

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

beef tenderloin, date labneh, blackberry sauce, peanut crumble (peanuts + cacao nibs + crystallized ginger), basil

from nopi cookbook (beef filet instead of venison filet and crystallized ginger instead of stem ginger in syrup)

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 22, 2016

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

It's time for cassoulet.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Seared Halibut, Turmeric Potatoes, Rasam Broth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Thoht posted:

I'd be all over that. Nothing like a good fish and chips ;). Details on the rasam broth?

Took it from the Nopi cookbook.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/recipes/ottolenghi-sea-bass-and-turmeric-potatoes-in-rasam-broth-1.2644211

• Locked thread