Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sagebrush posted:

poll: is it pronounced "A T Tiny" or "at tiny"? "A T Mega" or "at mega"?

i pronounce the letters individually but someone else i know pronounces it at-whatever and it drives me up the wall

i've always heard it pronounced "at-mega" not individual letters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
hey idk poo poo about electronics but maybe it operates with some internal capacitance that gets charged and self-discharges till it charges again unless in presence of the magnetism, which opens/closes/w/e the ckt?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
idk but whatever it is the noise floor you've shown is still well high enough to measure against and throw out the spikes entirely

or smooth them out if it matters for your circuit i guess idk

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
maybe the arduino's ADC is poo poo then idk

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

atomicthumbs posted:

is there anything like this test block but with a united states plug on it?

it supplies line power to whatever's clamped into those terminals, but only when it's clamped shut. it would be just about the most useful thing for testing stereos that have had the cords chopped off, but i can only find the european versions

why dont you just get that and put a US plug on it?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Barnyard Protein posted:

what is the development process like for a PLC? schematic entry?

you fire up rockwell's thingy and write the ladder logic and then put it onto the plc and it runs forever

its kinda gui driven at start, like you add rungs going down a literal ladder

e: flip thru this lol

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf

Sniep fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
the summer i did as an intern at rockwell automation was the weirdest job i've ever had to date, but, i did learn a lot about allen-bradley's product line and how the software works / ladder logic doing QA on the whatever logix programming software bullshit that existed in like 2000-2001

• Locked thread