Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Crain posted:

I need a new wallet. Preferably leather but I don't really care about the color. Just want something tough that'll last a long time. I've had a khol's brand wallet for like 10 years and it's now actively failing at being a wallet.

Any specific type of wallet? I really like my Saddleback Front Pocket ID wallet. Leather, 4 colors to choose from, 100 year warranty. http://www.saddlebackleather.com/frontpocketidwallet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Chas McGill posted:

I want a super minimalistic wallet/money-clip that will last for years.

The Saddleback front pocket ID wallet is pretty minimalist, looks nice and has a 100 year warranty. The leather is a little thick so it's not the absolute thinnest wallet you can find though.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

I'm looking for a pair of wireless headphones that can do an OK job of blocking out the noise from a treadmill. I'll be using them in my basement so I don't care how goofy they look, but I want to avoid in-ear headphones.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Etrips posted:

If you aren't getting in ear headphones then whatever material of the headphones going over your ears are going to get incredibly nasty. Unless of course, you don't sweat at all.

This is a good point that I didn't really think through, thanks. Probably will just order wirecutter's recommendation for bluetooth exercise headphones then.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Friends, recommend to me a general-purpose chef knife for around $100 or less.

There is a kitchen equipment and kitchen knife thread in Something Offal, but to save you a trip here's two choices.

http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Fi...x+kitchen+knife
http://www.amazon.com/Tojiro-DP-Gyutou-8-2-21cm/dp/B000UAPQGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446359461&sr=8-1&keywords=tojiro+dp

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Can someone recommend a specific type of daily disposable contact lens, or just a good place to buy contacts online? I have my prescription and just have ordinary nearsightedness.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Saddleback's front pocket ID Wallet is an old thread favorite, but they recently just doubled the price to $70 and I'm not sure it's worth it. If I had to replace my saddleback wallet I'd probably get a Big Skinny New Yorker since I'm a big fan of having an ID window you can put your ID/metrocard in without needing to open the wallet. The Big Skinny New Yorker doesn't hold cash so I have no idea what I would get, nevermind!

THF13 has a new favorite as of 14:57 on Oct 10, 2016

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

signalnoise posted:

1- A slim tower fan for preferably under 100 dollars. It will be used in a 8'x11' room with little ventilation, electronics humming away contributing heat, and no vent for air conditioning, but in an otherwise air conditioned house so it's just a little hotter than the rest of the house and gets kinda stale.

Wirecutter/Sweethome's recommendation has been great, it's lowest setting is extremely quiet and perfect for when you just need a bit of air circulation. It's pricier than the cheap equivalents you can grab at CVS or Walmart for like $20 but I think it's worth it. http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-fan/

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

It is warm this week. It is going to be warmer soon. Anyone got a good rec for undershirts?

Uniqlo Airisms are great, I like the mesh ones for when it gets hot. Unfortunately they've been out of stock for the winter but I expect they'll be available soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

2nding the "Mesh" versions of the Uniqlo Airisms as undershirts, they're fantastic.