Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

colas posted:

Beyond normal cleaning, what do you goons use to keep your house/apt/river van smelling good?

Diffuser Reeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

colas posted:

Those are weak as gently caress in my experience. Any particular brand?

I've had good luck with the ones from Yankee Candle or Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you clean your place semi regularly, vacuum, and then use those you should be good. I have a smaller 2 BR apartment though so YMMV

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Bhodi posted:

When I come home from work, my place smells like whatever I cooked last night for dinner. Which sucks when it's fish or something. I'd also like to find some way of dealing with that.

If you have a small place with bad ventilation there is little to nothing you can do about it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Ozium smells like an rear end in a top hat and is like taking a poo poo and then spraying tropical mountain mist air freshener all over - it just makes the poo poo smell that more offensive.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

colas posted:

Is there a product like Amazon Echo but for emergencies? I live alone and I don't have a Life Alert bracelet and I think it would be nice to have something in case I fall in the shower or get a really bad leg cramp. I wanna just be able to shout "OK GOOGLE, I'M DOWN! MAN DOWN! EMERGENCY!"

life alert

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
MeUndies, MeUndies, no more sweaty balls.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
goons posting ITT not knowing about going commando :kiddo:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

amityville anus posted:

I'm commando in my flannel lined jeans right now. Business on the outside, pyjamas on the inside. :feelsgood:

sup commando lined pants buddy

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I rock my sambas but I play in an adult coed league, very low competition.

Anything Nike/Adidas should be fine, they're all made by the same underage children in some third world country anyway.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Drogadon posted:

I need some good coasters that absorb water from condensation, is there such a thing?

cork

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What is your budget? I was able to cludge a nice workstation together from Ikea for sub $100 - go there and check out the table legs, then grab a surface or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

C-Euro posted:

$100 and cobbled together from IKEA stuff is doable, what's your setup? My only issue is having two monitors but I thry can elevate on their own to an extent.

literally telescopic extended legs + a table top from Ikea.

I do use wall brackets to stabilize the whole thing, just FYI.

I also have a shelf unit I put on IKEA legs to raise my monitor up. When I move I'll be getting a similar thing, but from Home Depot and with a monitor arm instead.

If you go to Ikea you can probably put something together just by walking around.