Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I've been using a Chrome sling bag for many years. The quick-release buckle in the center is great if you style your hair, wear a hat, have a big rear end coat or whatever that makes it hard for a strap to go over your head.

https://www.chromeindustries.com/bags/messenger-bags/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Anyone got a nice glass teapot to recommend? I’d like something that looks sleek and isn’t awful to use.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ex Officios are great but they’re hardly unique anymore. Columbia and other brands have the same design and pretty much the same material. I actually slightly prefer the Columbia ones because they seem more durable.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

I'm a big fan of the uniqlo linen button downs. Cheap when they go on sale (often), easy to maintain, breath really well.
It’s been a while since I pulled out my Uniqlo linens but linen shirts are a pain in the rear end. They look good except when they get all wrinkly, and they wrinkle extremely easily.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just wear flip flops, something sleek like Havaianas. smh at the croc lovers here.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

The only major difference for microwaves is if they have an inverter. Inverter microwave can do REAL low power mode, i.e. actually give a half-strength microwave signal when you set the power at 50%.

Non-invertet microwaves, which is most, just do duty-cycles of on/off to get to 50%, 75%, etc...
This is a big deal. I moved from inverter to non-inverter and can never get things to microwave just a little bit. It’s a royal pain if you’re attempting even some level of precision in your microwaving, which I will admit maybe sounds a bit dumb.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

any recommendations for shoe brands for wide feet? i had hemp shoes i really liked but it bust near the pinky toe. looking for a mix of walking shoes and something nicer
I have extremely wide feet, complete with bunions due to garbage genes, and went through a whole process of trying, shopping and returning in recent weeks.

You’re approaching this the wrong way. I’ve found that Altras are good for wider feet, yeah, but many of their shoes have questionable durability and style. You don’t need to constrain yourself by brand.

You can just get the wide or extra wide size in regular shoe brands. For me, the best options have been Brooks, New Balance, Saucony and Asics. But heck, I found that even brands with reputations for being narrow have wide variants that fit well. My wide Hokas are real roomy. I’m so happy to have found nice shoes that don’t hurt my feet.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Real boner pills mess with your blood, you don't want to do that without a doc's input
Kinda but also not really. It’s hard to die from legitimate boner pills unless your body has some very specific pre-existing conditions.

Anyway the answer is using goodRX with your pharmacy of choice, but you’ll still need a prescription.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Your doctor will basically give you a sample platter of boner pills if you ask for it. As I mentioned the risks for real pills is so low they’ll hardly ask any questions before giving you what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

tribbledirigible posted:

The only difference I've seen between Tiger/Zojirushi and say a Target or Walmart brand is the ability to keep the top layer from drying out during the course of a day. If the rice you cook gets used up with a 12 hr period, go for the $15 Martin Yan branded one ( that suckered served us well for 14 years, and was still going strong when we gave it away.)

We now have a Zojirushi NS-TSC10 that my wife scored for slightly less than $100 during the holidays. With our kid either being ravenous for rice or wanting nothing to do with it, the amount we cook either lasts us less than 8hrs for 5 cups or there's 2 cups sitting in warming mode for 18 or so hours before we throw it out.
Are you really regularly throwing out 2 cups of rice? My Chinese ancestors are rolling in their graves.