Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Welp, pretty sure my headphones fell out of my pocket at the store and now they're gone. Please give me your best/favorite headphones that meet the following:

Wired
Ear buds (in-ear is fine)
Have an in-line mic and start/stop button
$35-40 price point

There's a thread in IYG for that:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563521

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Looks like the clapper grew up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CGKLR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.YrsCbDFRAHHM

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

bamhand posted:

Is there a specific thread for mattresses or would I look for recommendations here? Trying to decide between latex, memory foam or some kind of hybrid. And also if there's a big difference between say a 400 dollar Zinus memory foam mattress vs a 1200 one or 400 dollar latex hybrid vs 1200 all latex.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813333

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I use the weight sleeve in my Goruck Bullet for my tablet. Best drat backpack I have ever owned.

https://www.goruck.com/bullet-ruck/

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

bamhand posted:

I'm looking for the name of a product. We have a wooden chair that has little rubber/plastic tips on the bottom of each leg to help protect the floor. One of the tips have fallen off, what do I search for to look for a replacement? Chair tips and various other terms get me a sleeve/shoe you put on the entire bottom of the chair leg. I'm looking for a smaller thing that I can either glue, screw, or nail into the bottom of the leg that is smaller in radiu than the leg itself.

Furniture sliders. You can find them at pretty much any grocery, big box or hardware store.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

blight rhino posted:

got a weird ask. I'm trying to find a MP3 player, that has no wireless capabilities whatsoever. I had a AGPTEK G15, and it sucked and is dead, after like 3 months.

No built in camera, and no microphone. Honestly, something like the iPod Nano, but I want to be able to have playlists and what not. Bluetooth is acceptable, but not required.

I was thinking of getting another AGPTEK, but if it's just going to constantly die .. no thanks.

I had a 200gb iPod classic, that'd be perfect. It's dead. Those are going for insane $$$ on ebay. Well, I just looked and they're not stupid expensive, but I'd prefer to having something new.

Any ideas, friends?

Have you looked at the SanDisk Clip Jam? I've had several different Clips over the years and they're all pretty solid for basic no-frills MP3 playback.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Inspector 34 posted:

Would prefer not to give my stimulus bucks to Bezos but it seems like I might have to for this particular buy.

I can't recommend any specific models from experience, but B&H (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Telescope-Optical-Tube-Assemblies/ci/3384/N/4100994429) has a pretty wide selection.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Ok, so what's your preferred online source?

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

m.hache posted:

Shower head recommendations? I have one of the ones with a hose that detaches and I'd like to maintain that functionality.

I've had Moen Magnetix shower heads in all my showers for many years and they're great. The magnet is really strong, and is a lot easier/reliable than the kinds that just grip the head/hose to the mount.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I. M. Gei posted:

Can any of y’all point me to a good sleep mask?

I’ve been using these ones from Walgreens because they’re cheap and reasonably comfortable, and for the most part I like them okay, but the material isn’t very breathable at all and that’s a major problem for someone like me who sweats a lot when they sleep and can’t sleep when they’re sweaty, especially now during the spring and summer months. I’m certain there’s better options out there.

My wife and I really like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3M5TTZ/

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

Anyone got recommendations for sparkling water? I picked up some Bubly and found only one flavor even mildly decent, the others terrible. the google result for bubly says
what the gently caress kind of marketing garbage babble is that, more like playfully instigates me pouring the can down the drain

Something lower sugar would be nice, but not terrible like bubly.

Topo Chico

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Six years ago I fished a 500 Series Roomba out of my neighbor's trash and refurbished it. Today I think she's breathed her last, or at least finally has an issue that I cannot repair or replace myself (dust inside of the cliff sensors that I can't remove). Anyone want to recommend a robot vacuum for hardwood floors used by two adults and a little dog?

My Roborock S4 Max does a pretty decent job. We have hardwood floors and 2 cats.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Only thing I might add about sling and messenger bags, if like me you have back problems they will only make the problems worse. I was all about slings and messengers in college, but as I get older my back has gotten worse and now I have to limit to backpacks so whatever uncool dad EDC is balanced and doesn’t gently caress up my spine any more than necessary.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I’ve had one of those for several years now and it gets the job done well.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Simple Green can clean both from a bucket.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

You mop until the water is brown, dump it out, refill and start again until the water no longer turns brown.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

bamhand posted:

Yeah that's what I've been doing. Most of the spray products say no rinse no bucket. But then I don't see how all that brown is going to get cleaned off the mop.

You keep changing the water and adding some more cleaner, eventually it all comes off the mop like it comes off your floor and then you can do a final rinse pass with plain water.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

tangy yet delightful posted:

Recommend me a chair, a chair that I will sit in at my hobby table for miniature painting etc. I will be sitting on carpet and specifically don't want a chair on wheels, if the chair spins I guess that would be fine but not required.*

Currently I have a chair that's a rickety 40+ year old thing meant for someone with less stout asscheeks and thighs which makes it not very comfortable for long periods of time.

*I know goons love office chairs that spin for computer use, and I have one for that, but I'm specifically looking for not that here.

I dearly love my two Clore Plain Master chairs, but they certainly cost me (and are worth) a pretty penny. https://clore.furniture/furniture/all/plain-master-chair/

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

travisray2004 posted:

Anyone know of a quality but not asininely priced set of kitchen scissors/shears?

These have worked well for me: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000KILLXM/

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Slippers and a heated blanket might help the cat migrate to your feet

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Glottis posted:

My personal experience is that safety razors are painfully too close of a shave and OneBlade cartridges last for an absurdly long time anyway.

Going on a year for me, but I don’t have much facial hair.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Lester Shy posted:

Are laser printers the ones that you can leave dormant for 6-12 months and they actually print when you come back to them? It's a pain in the rear end going to the library every time I need to print something, but it's so rare that a $100+ investment doesn't make sense unless it's actually going to work when I need it.

Yes, last time I installed a toner on my Brother all-in-one laser was three years ago, and it still prints fine the four or five times we turn it on each month.

Edit: I bought it for my wife, a teacher. It’s paid for itself many many times over.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

The volume buttons on my steering wheel are probably the most-used buttons in the entire car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Are there any quality bone-conducting earbuds that are below $100?
I'm not expecting extremely good bass or anything but I'm fine so long as things aren't super tinny.

It'd be mostly for podcasts while I work, anyway.

I’ve been enjoying my Shokz OpenRun for several years now. Lost my first pair a year or so ago and bought a second pair to replace them. Great for podcasts and music as long as you don’t expect bass, as you said. Excellent battery life, too. My only complaint is the magnetic charge cable can be an annoyance to store.

e: sorry I missed your earbud qualification - certainly not the OpenRun, then.