Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Who's got a suggestion for memory foam pillows? I've tried a bunch of them from Amazon and they were all varying kinds of bad. I'm sleeping on buckwheat now and its better than polyfill or down, but its not memory foam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Chas McGill posted:

I want a vacuum cleaner that is fully repairable and built with the expectation that it can be disassembled and reassembled. The bottom hose split on my shark vacuum and I thought it'd be easy to replace. Buying special long torx screw bits allowed me to get in there, but it simply refuses to go back together.

I'm guessing a classic Miele is probably the way to go.

I got a free shark on Craigslist. It had a split hose. Most frustrating 3 hours of my recent life to repair.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Someone suggested this Roborock in a different thread. Either homeowners or tools, probably. I want a robovac but don't have one yet, so I took note. Good luck.
Roborock S4 max

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

doingitwrong posted:

I’m looking for a small pair of gloves that I can stuff in my jacket pocket, forget about and then pull out and wear for when I forget to bring proper mitts. Normally this would be a pair of mini gloves but I’m wondering if there’s a better option.

I like knit gloves. I've been wearing these for two seasons. The touchscreen stuff doesn't work anymore, but I've never had a great experience with it.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

El Mero Mero posted:

I've been using the Spyderco sharpener (i think it's a bit cheaper elsewhere) for like 10 years now. It works great, can sharpen anything, and has guides so i don't gently caress the angles up.

Takes about 30 minutes to do all my knives every few months.

Are you sure you're using it correctly? The sharpmaker doesn't have guides, the round brass pieces are to keep your hands safe if the blade slips. The stones slide into the base at an angle and you're supposed to slice the knife down perfectly vertically. The edge angle comes from the angled stones.

The fact that you're supposed to freehand it is why I switched a a fauxpro. And then I donated that to a thrift store and now I just take my knives to a sharpening place once a quarter because they consistently get my knives sharper than I can do on my own.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

$1 an inch is a perfectly normal rate.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The jumbo AA batteries are 18650s. They are used in vaporizers and you absolutely can get your own.

Edit: but you should be very loving careful about which (counterfeit) 18650 you buy. They will start fires.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The /vacuumcleaners wiki has more info in it than one might expect.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Yeah, technical clothing is probably going to be the way to go, with the pros being all the things you want and the cons being low durability and high cost. ExOfficio has been mentioned already, and I have some RailRiders pants and long sleeve shirts that I've used extensively in hot weather in tick-infested woods

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Anyone have a recommendation for Bluetooth earbuds that don't suck and also don't cost a million bucks?

I got the Haylou GT5 and within three months or so the right bud has completely stopped working.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Railriders EcoMesh are some of the lightest pants around. They're expensive though.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Brother Tadger posted:

I have a bunch of railriders stuff that I want to buy (their sun shirts/pants are supposed to be top of the line) but never do because I’m too cheap

I typically hike in EcoMesh pants and a journeyman shirt. I bought my first set in 2017. Put a couple thousand miles on them and bought new ones in 2021. But their Mojave sun shirt looks interesting too.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Anyone got a recommendation for next level soft/warm housecoat or robe?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

That couldn't be solved with a single remote outlet switch and a power strip?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Oh, yeah, that's a bad solution. Can't help, good luck!

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The recommendation for dishwashers is Bosch. I don't know of any others.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

There's a Breville smart oven model with an air fryer mode. I have one without the air fryer and it's still the best (convection) toaster oven I've ever owned. I think it was recommended to me here

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

This RCA to HDMI converter seems like it will work with the proper 3.5mm to RCA audio cable

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

SpartanIvy posted:

I think this is probably what I'm going to have to try, but I wonder if the TV will stay connected to the input without a video signal coming in. For $12 though I'll give it a shot though! Thanks!

Good point. This HDMI audio embedder inserter maybe?

Edit: alternatively look into an "HDMI matrix" device for managing multiple inputs. That's just why I can glean from Google.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

If you don't have a platform bed, 1/2" plywood. Or 3/8".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Lovesac sactional