Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Like an eye mask?

I have this one

Dream Essentials Sweet Dreams (TM) Lightweight Contoured Sleep Mask Kit with Earplugs, Travel Pouch, and Black Eye Mask https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CCI4YU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_knZfvb1N45ZG0
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CCI4YU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_knZfvb1N45ZG0

Looks weird as gently caress but the contoured features are quite useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Google "boric acid ants"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

calandryll posted:

I need suggestions for a body groomer and nose hair trimmer. Never had much body hair but as I reach near 40, it's getting thicker and annoying.

Yeah I got this which is a pretty good manscaper

Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom 7100 (Packaging May Vary) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037HP9OA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_GdQsvb1DWXE72
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037HP9OA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_GdQsvb1DWXE72

Gonna need a separate one for the nose though which is probably for the best

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I got an older model jaybird sport one for quite cheap and really like them. See if you can find the older ones on sale or something. The newest models will be a bit pricey though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

colas posted:

Anyone get an Amazon Echo?

Have you seen the echo thread? Lots of good info there

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Had to dig it up I unbookmarked it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679478&perpage=40

I guess it's the unofficial official thread

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Gotta decide if you want a wireless mic or not. Still no Bluetooth mic support

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

tribbledirigible posted:

Wired is fine. And it's a soft budget ceiling of $100 -$150.

Are all the consoles and PC in the same place? It's a bit dated these days but I used the turtle beach PX5s. I'm sure there's a lot of new versions

Anyways I just had a USB > optical audio adapter (computer at the time didn't have digital audio out) and digital/optical audio out switcher. Xbox 360 had a wireless bt adapter and my laptop used a BT mic. It does have a cable for plugging into the ps4 mic for chat. Or lots of cables you can get online

Also lots of rechargeable AAs

So pretty much anything with a digital audio out and plug in for mic. Or maybe there's something newer more universal

But the switcher is money

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I got those because of him and this thread. Expensive but comfy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Smart wool smart wool smart wool

I use these

Smartwool PhD Outdoor Medium, Crew grey/black (Size: L) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P214YW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_GqBNvbK8J2XJ8

I prefer them over the smart wool official hiking socks because they aren't so bulky. I used the same pair for at least 100 miles of heavy hiking and it barely just started to wear through.

Fox river are also universally love. Especially if you want to play military special forces whatever. I own one pair (not sure how many types they have) but too bulky for me. But that's just what I prefer. Great for cold though

Fox River Military Wick Dry Maximum Mid Calf Boot Sock (Large/Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V5F25W/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_6rBNvbHDHGE03

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:hfive:

If you're gonna buy a handful of pairs(and you should) check out sock addicts.com I think it is

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

madpanda posted:

I need a way to play music at the gym that doesn't involve a lot of wires or a smartphone.

I'm using a sansa clip now with some decent earbuds, but the wires get tangled and the clip broke years ago.

I only take keys and my mp3 player to the gym, smartphone is too bulky.

Try to find one of these used.

Apple iPod nano 16 GB Pink (6th Generation) OLD MODEL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M3SO0Q/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_arPPvbPH1GDWK

I loving love mine. It has a built in clip so you can easily put it on your waistband or whatever and you won't notice it

Caveat is it doesn't have Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the newer ones do. Shuffle or nano etc. that would be ideal for Bluetooth headphones.

That being said I just use my bluetooth JF3 jay birds and stream spotify or whatever and just set my phone off to the side of whatever area or machine I'm at

Nostalgia4Dogges has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Jul 15, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Roku 3 does that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think only the Roku 3 had it? Maybe the revised roku 2 if they did that. But yeah I remember the USB port was a bit hidden on the side. I'm not 100% sure on the files but it handled most things I threw at it. I'm not going to say it's the best method for just streaming media so check out options but it's great for all around

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lunchboxx posted:

I need a small indoor grilling/cooking device. Should I just go with a George Foreman grill or is there a specific something or other that I need to get? A smaller grill is preferable and price doesn't matter.

If you're considering a foreman consider one of these

Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YD99Y4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_xTpXvb4XY0XRB

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Shark seems to be the solid affordable middlegrade option. Don't have to wait for some sale. I've had two of the cheaper ones and they work great albeit one covered a very small surface area

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm looking for some nice cool LED bulbs for my house? (Cool as in color temperature.)

My GF and I both hate yellow/warm bulbs, and want ones that are a little more blue/cool. It seems most bulbs, in general, are on the yellow/warm side.

I know there's all these theories and studies about "cool light at work/during the day, warm light at home/in the evening" but we think yellow bulbs make everything look ugly. And I don't mean as blue/cool as, say, a hospital, but just something that's closer to a nice white.

Edit: So I guess something in the 5K-6k range?

Just a quick suggestion. I've been meaning to make a post here and suggest it but check out limitless led. Ships from NZ which sucks so make sure you place a large order. Anyways full color spectrum lights with warm or cold and you can get a normal non-colored that'll do hot or cold

Anyways mostly its just rad because I feel like a pimp in my bachelor pad changing lights all over the place with the remote, pebble, my phone, or pc

Anyone wants to know more let me know.

Nostalgia4Dogges has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Aug 26, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also FYI vacuum chat meh.com has the dyson dc41 animal vac

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

- edit ^ Yeah you get a tiny little wifi bridge that just plugs into a USB plug.

This was a bit ago and I think I remember him saying when I asked via email he was implementing the much slower cheaper shipping option on his site for USPS. I haven't checked the site but he usually has some specials going. I got buy 10 bulbs get 1 free. It's a loving sweet set up. It has some features the phillips lights have and they have some these don't. Just make sure you find out how many you need before hand, the exact colors you want (soft light in certain areas, etc) and what type of bulb in case you have a weird sized lamp or something.

Also the remotes can only have up to 4 presets each. And that can be a group of bulbs or just 1. I only got 2 remotes and it worked well enough but I might have gotten another if I ordered again for more group options

Here's my order

E14 RGBW LED Light bulb (#LEDE14RGBW)
Choose your Color Type: RGB+CoolWhite 1 $13.70
Remote Control for RGBW Color LED Lightbulbs (#REMOTERGBW) 2 $18
WiFi Bridge 4.0 for iPhone, iPad, Android, and PC (#UDPReceiver) 1 $18
RGBW Color and White LED Light bulb (#LEDSingleRGBW)
Choose your Cap type: USA/Canada Edison Screw Cap E26,
Choose your Color Type: RGB+CoolWhite 4 $76
RGBW Color and White LED Light bulb (#LEDSingleRGBW)
Choose your Cap type: USA/Canada Edison Screw Cap E26,
Choose your Color Type: RGB+WarmWhite 5 $95
Cart Subtotal: $220.70
Shipping: $60.77 via Economy Courier - Tracked, Signature Required (allow 3-7 Working Days For Delivery)
Order Total: $281.47

He has an office in CA which for some reason doesn't carry stock but maybe not how has a small warehouse in US

Nostalgia4Dogges has a new favorite as of 18:55 on Aug 27, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I do not. Would it say on the bulb? I remember the website has some fancy pics/diagrams with color temp ranges etc.

I didn't bother with non-colored ones because they require a separate remote I think and aren't interchangeable with remote controls (well I'm sure it's fine via the phone app or PC)so I just got all color to be safe and depending on where I put them I got about half cold

There is a 3rd party beta computer app that is super handy. Also has a pebble smart watch app

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I can't recommend them enough but just buy them knowing they aren't Phillips LED wifi bulbs. They actually have some features they don't. But the big one they lack Is you can't really remotely control them unless you're on your wifi. You can set timers with the PC app and poo poo and I guess if you really wanted to could Remote Desktop or something.

I know he said there was some port forwarding thing in beta but idk

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I like the Rubbermaid lunchblox

You can get a whole bunch of little containers or just ones of various size and stack however

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How hilly is the commute?

Also shout out to whoever recommended these coasters, they rock

Thirsty Stone natural solid sandstone coasters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CKSZ2M/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_EadcwbDR8QGRN

Most just spill moisture off the side anyway so it's just decorative. These are tits

Nostalgia4Dogges has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Sep 27, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah but a hybrid is better at taking a bit of commuting abuse

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:tipshat:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-nvm got this

Bissell 1548 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0126C9A5K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_QXwfwbSVWJR2N

Nostalgia4Dogges has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Oct 7, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

colas posted:

I'm not really into the memory foam ones, anybody like a non-foam pillow? Also, I need decent/cheap BT speaker. Just something at least a couple notches louder than my phone.

I've tried at least 3-4 expensive rear end memory foam and latex pillows. One in particular that was cooling latex killed my neck every morning.

After like 5 years this is all I needed all along. Think it was recommended here

http://www.overstock.com/#/Bedding-Bath/Premier-Down-like-Personal-Choice-Density-Pillows-Set-of-2/38813/product.html

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There are two referral chain threads in the deals forum. I personally got a Casper bed. They both have 3 month (or longer?) hassle free returns so really you can't go wrong. It's so case by case everyone's body is different. I do like my Casper though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Jesus dudes Casper and that other company have a hassle free 90 day trial or whatever the gently caress I mean you can't go wrong. Everyone is different (surprise surprise) and reading reviews and walking around pressing your palm into mattresses isn't gauging much other than whether it's complete poo poo or not

(I have a Casper, it's nice)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

For Casper and well any new bed all I'll say is wait at least 2-3 weeks before you formulate an opinion

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Do Apps count as products? I need a replacement app to watch Youtube on iOS, since the new youtube app is horrible. I don't mind paying for something decent.

Recommend me!

Protube. You can also background play

Jeherrin posted:

This is a bit of an odd question, but I'm curious as to whether it's possible to get a slow cooker that is able to work on both UK and US voltages without having to use an adapter for one of the voltages.

Honestly, I don't even know if this is possible, let alone with a slow cooker.

I'm no electrician but like 95% of electronics in the year of our lord 2015 have built in converters. If you read that small unreadable stamped in print it should say 120/240 or whatever the two are. Down to the little Apple charging brick. A lot of people travel and think they need a converter when merely all you need is adapter regardless of what physical prongs it has

Nostalgia4Dogges has a new favorite as of 01:45 on Nov 3, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Get a nice brother black/white laser printer and then a lovely generic bubble jet for the occasional color thing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

One of these. Goon in SA mart sells toner.

Brother DCPL2540DW Wireless Compact Laser Printer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MFG57ZK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_DZNpwb9Q0GHJW

But I needed scanning/copying. Also double sided is cool

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

theHUNGERian posted:

Just finished my first week in my Leesa mattress, and I like it very much. I'm no expert in this field, so I can't give a comparison to other mattresses or a bang-for-buck evaluation.

Also FWIW apparently Leesa uses a new latex foam whatever that is cooler than the Casper. I read this a while ago so I don't know if Casper has since switched over but something to consider.

My Casper does get quite warm but I have it directly on carpet like a filthy bachelorAnd it's not exactly a hot area so I don't mind. Got a water proof cooling sheet which helps a bit. Going to get a frame with slats, should help a bit

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Smartwool sucks own. Expensive though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

kinmik posted:

For anyone looking to buy Christmas gifts for loved ones, but with really no idea what, there's also the Gift Idea Thread in A/T.

More like 2.0 of this thread aka buyshitidontneed thread

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone recommend a good electric heater? Something I can take back and forth between room and common area

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah don't need anything too crazy by any means really small place

Something like the lasko might get that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kind of tempted to get this heater

Lasko 6462 Full Circle Ceramic Heater with Remote https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OQCS1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_Vb2AwbBT81XXN

Otherwise this

De'Longhi TCH7090ERD Ceramic Tower Heater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GM6JAPM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_Rd2AwbDGERBCR

Unironically want one of these

Comfort Glow EMF161 1200-watt Hearth Portable Fireplace, Mini, Midnight Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MS7V49E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_hf2AwbGPS503R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Friends, recommend to me a general-purpose chef knife for around $100 or less.

Tojiro DP Gyutou - 8.2" (21cm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UAPQGS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_J-zEwbQ0WWZFD

I got mine for $50 shipped I think it's just Xmas and such give it a week