Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

This is more of an app/website than a physical product...

Is there anything I can use to review things, just for my own use? Think Yelp or like an android game review, but I want it to be private and able to put in anything - just so I can like, keep track of media I consume and how I felt about it, or a cake I made, or a restaurant, in one simple place. I could obviously do this with a spreadsheet or whatever and may well, but if there's an app that has searching/stars/nice interface/whatever that'd be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I've been using (a slightly older model of) the Cuisinart DBM-8C - for ~5 years and seems to work really nicely.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

A request:

I want to get my father-in-law like, the simplest imaginable mp3 player. He's got Parkinsons and dementia (and a host of other issues), so it needs to be sturdy, have big physical buttons, be dead simple to operate, and...that's about it. Touch screen is out, he won't use them. Doesn't need a screen at all. I want to load it up with a bunch of songs so he can just put in headphones and push like one button. I basically want a portable/pocket-size version of the iGuerburn simple seniors music player. Anyone have any ideas?

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

bamhand posted:

The ipod shuffle does exactly that but not sure if they are still obtainable.

Found this on Amazon when googling ipod shuffle.

https://www.amazon.com/AGPTEK-Shuff...06494359&sr=8-8
My one concern about the shuffle or similar is the size - there's a really good chance he'd drop or lose it, or not have the fine motor control to work the pretty small buttons. Ideally sort of walkman size would be the answer, though I get that's not the usual thing any more.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I'm looking for a water bottle that I can freeze; not that has a freezable insert, but one I can fill halfway with water, toss in the freezer, and pull out later so I have a big block of ice in the bottom. Old school nalgenes used to work for this - I tried a new one and the bottom burst. Some bottled water works ok, but most bulge annoyingly on the bottom and only last 2 or 3 freeze cycles.

Alternatively is there a brand of bottled water that's specifically designed to be freezable? Only filled 80% or whatever, appropriate material and thickness, etc.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Is there any good source for synthetic gemstones in like, small batches? Ideally I'd like a little bag of assorted sizes of rubies/emeralds/sapphires/etc. as if I'm some crazy rich merchant from the 1400s. Every website I find is geared towards wholesale (for jewelry I assume) and sells in like lots of 25 of the same size/colour.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

If you're not fussy about the material, wood dice can be found various places (Etsy?) and could be carved or burned into.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Is there anyone still making/selling BPA-full plastic stuff? Specifically water bottles and ice cube trays. I want indestructible ones and I'm not concerned about leaching (I'll avoid hot/acidic things and not use them to feed infants, which I think are the biggest risks).

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

C-Euro posted:

It's for a pop-up lecture that my wife is doing, she needs a way to amplify her voice that can fit into a large purse or work bag.
Why not a megaphone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Your doctor will 100% be thinking "oh sweet an easy one, I get paid, he gets better boners, everybody wins", it's much better than having to look at some terrible infected wound or something.

Make your doctor's day, ask for boner pills.