Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I never got what Ice Cube meant about "A horse is a pig that doesn't fly straight"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Welp nothing in upcoming, that's a surprise. There was apparently a pretty big protest right after the Tamir Rice video came out, but I think it was impromptu. I'm guessing these things aren't organized up here, likely because none of the local campuses are very active.

There was the protest that started at Public Square and some people held up traffic on the shoreway. That happened (I think) the night after the Ferguson decision- as a joint protest with the Ferguson decision and what happened to Tamir Rice. The Rice shooting video was not released at that point in time.

Also the police originally didn't release the video out of respect of the victim's family

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

willa fuckin' hates PPACA and everything about it because it isn't straight up single payer.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

evilweasel posted:

Given your response to me and zoux it's pretty clear the issue is that you don't understand why these posts show you're wrong. Your post had three things: (1) that people don't credit the Democratic party for how much the ACA helped people (a given), (2) that there are still people who are poor (what I responded to) and (3) an anecdode (what zoux responded to, and then you made a non sequitur about bills being 100% good or bad).

I dunno I'm more under the impression his friend is mad that the ACA doesn't go far enough for helping people with medical costs, and thinks the Democrats don't give a gently caress to fix that.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

And all the phosphorus gets into lakes and causes algae blooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I see a big limiting factor as cost. They hope to have it down to less than a flat screen tv? That is pretty vague, but just the fact that it is something you would have to budget/save for will restrict how many guys will spring for it.

Cost of pregnancy + birth versus cost of shot to balls. I doubt this will be a tough decision for insurance or medicaid.

• Locked thread