Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I like the extra little bits of the T-1000 malfunctioning in the refinery both because they look really cool, and I think at the time it was actually not communicated as well by the few remaining glitch shots that the T-1000 was significantly damaged/hindered by being freezed and shattered.

Disclaimer: at the time I was 9 and the last 20 minutes was :tviv: at a drive-in

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I think Skynet doesn't want to risk killing so many humans that it never gets created. Obviously if its goal was just to kill all humans, it'd go back to like caveman times and kill every ape it sees.

I wanna see Terminaper so bad

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

All aboard the hype train, whooo whooo! Terminator HOPE OF THE FUTURE dot net, sounds credible.

Pretty sure you can see that stuff on the T2 Ultimate Edition DVD. Hell, the concept art for the Skynet complex got made into the animated disc menus.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

GORDON posted:

Alternate theory. Skynet attacks just as Kyle Reese is about to go back in time. Very little of his body is left. His testicles are sewn into the undercarriage of a Terminator so we can still fertilize that specific egg with the correct sperm.

A Terminutter, if you will.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

There is seemingly a base assumption throughout CD that any time travel plot point has to be examined for its grounding in science, and outside of time travel movies where that's what the plot is actually about (relatively few of them) this is about as exciting as figuring out why Superman's clothes don't vaporize whenever he does anything.

Even though this kind of sperging was going on even before Terminator 2 came out, I actually blame Terminator 3 because that's when time travel stopped acting as an allegory for fate/free will and just became about Skynet recursively managing its temporal incursion losses.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rough Lobster posted:

True Lies sucks and Jamie Lee Curtis looks like dogshit. The only good part of the movie is the missile death. You know what I'm talking about.

You're fired.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FemShep was better anyway, Jennifer Hale supremacy forever.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The funny thing is, I was about to cite a similar Shatner-like over-embellished act from Hale if you go deep renegade style in ME1 (not sure about the others, I only played the first). She deliciously hams it up for many of the options that are supposedly only taking the hard-edged "sacrificing for the greater good" approach and not meant to descend into wanton villainy, it was a wonderful surprise.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ephori posted:

It's a shame the Internet freaked out about the initial Terminator Salvation script, because moving the subtext of the machines from nuclear paranoia and technology-run-rampant to class conflict was updating it to be relevant to our time in the way that everybody seems to be looking for in this thread.

Just because it did a thing doesn't mean it did it well.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Burkion posted:

This movie had really good villains guys.

The T-3000 was fantastic.

My only complaint about it is that it was wounded and bled like a human when first attacked by Pops but then went straight into machine mode from then on. If the studio had the stones to go for an R they could've done some fascinating (and probably highly unsettling) stuff with the imagery of a robot that is simulating the human body at the cellular level, even when it's having the living poo poo blasted out of it by heavy assault weapons.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

drat if that isn't the premise for an amazing early 90s fish-out-of-water comedy. Kindergarten Cop-era Arnie and Drew Barrymore would've slayed it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

computer parts posted:

It'd be interesting to see what the overlap is between people who want a Future War movie and people who deride prequels because "they know what's going to happen".

I want to see the near-future war, the period after Judgment Day until shortly after John rose and rallied people from the extermination camps. There must be a reason he didn't start the resistance before humanity was on the brink of complete extinction.

The Future War is essentially the Third Servile War post-apocalypse style, let's find out how Johnicus escaped the robo-ludus. Let's see Terminator: Blood and Sand Skulls already.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm giving you a choice: either come with me if you want to live, or start eating that submachinegun.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Eh, I'm unconvinced.

"Who are we really talking about now?" Standard response of threatened chatbots and psychologists.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ruddiger posted:

SMG's posts are great because he stands by his statements and expounds upon them instead of shrugging his shoulders and saying "well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree" followed by a variation of :shobon:

Now let me explain to you why Lady Terminator needs to be worked into James Cameron's lore.

Not only are you infinitesimally less clever than you think you are but your complaints so far haven't had a god-damned thing to do with how Xenomrph actually posts anyway. You're coming off as senile for Christ's sake, get some help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

I've got a Terminator Salvation question, the big "twist" in the movie is that Marcus is a robot and doesn't know it. Are there other movies that play with the same idea of a character being revealed to be not what they thought they were, such that they might not even be able to trust themselves?

Memento is about this in so many ways.

• Locked thread