Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Deified Data posted:

From a few pages back, but Sterling's whole shtick is mocking the self-serious nature of videogame commentary. He doesn't play the stupid intro song, dress like a Command & Conquer villain, or pontificate behind a podium because he thinks it looks cool. The only genuine things about his Jimquisition aesthetic are the toys he props up on the podium. If you think he looks like a huge self-conscious nerd while he rants about gaming that is entirely intended.

An insincere imitation of something incredibly annoying isn't necessarily any less annoying for the insincerity. He's still doing all of those things and even if it's just to mock those things the result is still irritating enough that I don't bother with videos of his, I don't care what he has to say. Maybe that's a failing on my part or something, but honestly I'm not going to sit through things that annoy me just for the opportunity of maybe getting something worth my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Man, Clone High was really good for being a low budget MTV cartoon. Curse you, Indian High Commission, can't we have a bizarre ADHD Ghandi clone making a buddy cop movie with George Washington Carver and his anthropomorphic peanut for a high school film festival just this once?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Byzantine posted:

gently caress you say?

I appreciate you :allears: Third street!

To contribute to movie marketing chat, is there a term or anything for when a movie shoots itself in the foot by giving away choice elements in trailers? Like showing the monster in a horror movie, or using all the best jokes in a comedy, or the biggest effects shots in an action blockbuster. Putting the best stuff in the trailer and leaving nothing for the movie seems to happen more often than it should.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

In fact I've got a recommendation for trying it out: This movie didn't do so well so odds are you never saw a trailer to begin with. See Denzel Washington's film Deja Vu. Don't read anything about it, don't even look too hard at the key art. Just dive in, and enjoy the shift from generic 90s-style cop thriller to something else.

Apropos of nothing, I appreciate this recommendation.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Silly Newbie posted:

A buddy of mine wrote some of the Saint's Row games, can confirm he's super left and inclusive.

Tell him I love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

Robobot posted:

I can safely say I didn’t kill any Canadians while playing Fallout 4.

Skill issue