Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

CJacobs posted:

Buddy it's still racist to not realize what square rigger sounds like at your place also called plantation wharf on cotton way or whathaveyou. It isn't just a human mistake to let the implications go unrealized, to be blind to any of it including what the real ship sounds like in that context is prejudice. You don't have to be malicious to be prejudiced.

Everybody defending the naming scheme is stupid, but holy loving lol at saying "not pre judging things is the REAL prejudice"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

muscles like this! posted:

It actually is traditional in America to learn your martial arts from a guy with weird hair and a made up backstory. See "Count Dante" who advertised in comic books that he could teach you the touch of death.

Let's not forget Frank Dux, who managed to get his made up backstory portrayed by JCVD himself

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Captain Monkey posted:

Some marketing/sales rear end in a top hat went to the tokyo smoke people and was like - yo we'll get you more sales if you partner with us, reach, branding, etc! And the tokyo smoke people were like 'ok.' is all that happened.

It is entirely possible that they didn't even do that much

https://www.eater.com/2020/1/29/21113416/grubhub-seamless-kin-khao-online-delivery-mistake-doordash

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

So they're tesla owners, you mean

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Makes the in-store display model look better

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think it's implied that they will pay real money to anybody who isn't google, as is meet and good

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hilarious prank

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Aerodynamics

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rondette posted:

I watched the whole drat thing. There is a sequence where the dude is shown around a rank of pinball machines that are all themed off of famous scams (Ponzi for example) and one of the pinball games is yelling 'IT'S A SCAM IT'S A SCAM' repeatedly so I have my suspicions quite honestly.

It's probably fake, but that is something that genuine crypto idiots would do

You know, to make fun of the haters

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Brawnfire posted:

Count Dookie was pretty awesome in Clone Wars, though. His whole face was just like, a beard seemingly carved from granite

Oh yes, he was great in the clone wars cartoon. Not the cgi one, the real one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FOwpY7dCY

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's different. Those animals are objectively hot

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yes we have been over this the yellow m&m is voiced by JK Simmons and he could make anybody itt cum by just ordering you to in a forceful voice but it's still shameful!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mazerunner posted:

e; also jar-jar and his big pearly whites is the only one doing a good job advertising

[IMAGE REDACTED for racisms]

Somebody has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Jan 28, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I will not post it again, but I will leave as an exercise to any reader of this post to look up Darlie brand toothpaste's original logo, then come back and look at that jar jar binks toothpaste again

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

BMan posted:

anybody remember jpeg2000? me neither

Then you don't work in video production

I envy you

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Image hosting doesn't make money, social media makes lots of money, so the more social media features we add, the more money we'll make

Problem: Nobody is using the social media features, everybody just comes here for the image hosting

Solution: Make it harder to host images, that way the users that come here will use the social media features instead

Problem: The people that used to come here for image hosting are no longer coming here

Solution: ???

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Have you seriously never heard of baking powder

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Volmarias posted:

Maybe the advertising for something that would be helpful for someone with arthritis should not emphasize that you can parkour with it.

The disabled are not a very big market segment and they know what they need, so the companies put their marketing money towards tricking people who don't actually need them. Credulous idiots watching infomercials are basically subsidizing the development costs of assistive devices

No able bodied person needs a blanket with sleeves, but it's a godsend for somebody in a wheelchair who can't just put on a sweater and some pjs when they're cold

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All they need to do is advertise the fact they have an adblocker that works on mobile, but instead they've done everything they can to get rid of mobile plugins entirely

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, they didn't need to use the Hip, there are plenty of bands who are all still alive, despite being older

Could have been Willie Nelson, for example. Or it could have been the Wine (by which I of course mean what fans call Halifax band April Wine)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, that would probably have been better, actually. The crushed ice is in poor taste

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's not one "the" racist bond film, but if there was it would be you only live twice

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNLgmdMto1A

?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Each piece of clothing is tailored exactly to Brandy Melville's measurements. She set up a little private online store just for her own use because it was easier than trying to do a bunch of one time credit card payments for the supplier, and nobody knows how other people found it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, I was actually planning to open up a food truck with a very similar idea, but now I feel like that's not as brilliant as I thought it was

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't have dall e 2, but mini made some pretty nice bronze sculptures

Only registered members can see post attachments!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's an armoury right in the middle of downtown here, big old brick building, it would have been torn down for condos years ago but it's so old that it's a heritage site

Anyway, they allow tours once a year and they have a little museum area, with their big show pieces being the desiccated corpse of a stray cat the brigade picked up in WWI and the doorknobs from Hitler's office in Berlin. When the place was blown to pieces everybody who was there rushed to grab souvenirs, and that's what our boys managed to get ahold of

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'd spread that on som toast or perhapsa muffin

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In all of that, I counted three ads that actually say or imply that Wilkins coffee is actually good, and dozens that imply it's terrible but you better drink it anyway

Jim Henson was a loving genius

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The only time in my life I ever regretted pirating a show instead of watching it live

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

American ads from the nineties on are just pale imitations of Japanese ads (where the philosophy has always been to just get eyes on the screen by any means necessary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x56D5kzSDFU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Serperoth posted:

That's the one! The music is the same too. I believe it's the same voiceover actor as well.

Apparently I had it in my YouTube liked, should've checked, but like you say, it's trippy to NOT hear him say it's the home of challenge pissing, or that he'll gently caress my wife.

Yeah, it was made by the same agency as a joke for a maryland advertising convention, and only the people in that room were ever supposed to see it. Thirty years later somebody found an old vhs tape in the attic and now more people have seen it than ever saw the original ads

It's like if twenty years from now the Weird Al song "ebay" got huge among people who had never heard of the backstreet boys or the auction site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

smdh at these poor lonely fools who don't have a gym membership