Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Morton Haynice posted:

All these ads ever succeeded at was making me wanna punch Justin Long:

This campaign always confused the heck out of me. Why would you portray your own product as a smarmy rear end in a top hat and the competitor as a lovable mug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I ordered Pizza Hut last night and noticed that their menu is now pretty dramatically overhauled, and they're calling it "The Flavor Of Now." You have to make decisions on like five or six different variables now before you can order your drat pizza. Pretzel crust? Sriracha jizzed all over the top of your pizza? Just give me a plain-rear end pizza, you weirdos.

Here's some of the new stuff if you haven't seen it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Tiggum posted:

What, in the context of pizza, is white sauce?

You have a sad life.

Re: Pizza Hut's new menu, I haven't tried the weird drizzles but the ginger crust dust is actually pretty good. It's not a terrible idea to make them stand out from the crowd, unfortunately Americans want really plain and simple pizza so it probably won't work.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

RE: Mt.Dew kickstart

I still think the commercial sucked and was a blatant rip off. As for its success, perhaps it's just not doing so well here in GA (Coca-Cola country I guess) but I've just watched it get marked down and still have shelves full of the stuff. Speaking of disingenuous commercials, the Taco Bell biscuit taco one bothers me. When that foodie hipster guy goes "Im not a spokesman for the south" (or whatever) I audibly groaned oh shut the gently caress up. I get what they are trying to do (I think) make some weird concept food seem adventurous and different but I have no more desire to try it before and after I saw the commercial.

what's the deal with your weird vendetta against pepsi

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Where are you that they're still free? I haven't seen a free air pump in years.

QuikTrip, son.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

I'd really like to try horse, but horse eating countries are rather inconveniently located on the other end of long flights.

Assuming you're an American, Mexico isn't too far away...

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

There's an ad running on a local radio station about some weight loss pill scam. It mostly involves a fake customer calling in to say that they're losing weight TOO DRAMATICALLY and the commercial says "whoa there, if you're looking TOO DANG GOOD, then only take the pill every other day!" It's the most lovely transparent thing ever and it makes me mad. that's my story

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Perfect for the Bernie Sanders supporter in your family!

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

I have absolutely no idea how to do anything in Snapchat other than take a picture and send it to people. The UI has been offensively bad as long as I can remember and all I can do is tap and swipe randomly in the hope that I'll find what I'm looking for.

That's what I do on tinder.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Dumb Marketing Moves: One heck of a gently caress up.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Was it after labor day?

About nine months prior, usually.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, that was probably it.

If it's actually true that the 'garlic sauce' in döner kebabs is cum, don't tell me, I want to keep eating them

Sperm donor kebab

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Big Boss hosed once and failed his mission so he became a Volcell

Yell "Volcel"

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Red letter media is horrid and there was a time when it was impossible to talk about movies because people would just repeat what they heard from rlm

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Is it pronounced KFC onsole, or KF Console?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Captain D's is way, way better than long john silver's if you have the option and the craving for fast food fish

Another good name for a restaurant with near-naked male waiters

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Phanatic posted:

In my head that's sung to the tune of Annie's Song by John Denver.

On Top of Old Smokey

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah you're right, every word that rhymes with a slur is also a slur

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

For the ignorant, Kike is a fairly common Spanish nickname for Enrique. Nothing untoward here.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

On Youtube TV, for months, I got one ad that just repeated over and over during every ad break. It was Dua Lipa drinking some brand of hard seltzer.

I have come to really despise her despite knowing nothing about her. Except that she's multilingual and a dog owner. No one is just one flavor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Why are fashion brands always so loving stupid with everything they do