Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Jastiger posted:

You can literally say this about ANY commercial listed here. "You aren't the target audience".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I heard somewhere that this actually led to an increase in girls and women buying Yorkie bars. Probably what they intended all along with that. An "oh yeah? We'll see about that." kind of reaction.

Still dumb.

Barudak posted:

Dont forget Dr. Pepper 10 which was aimed exclusively at men and had a facebook page where if you listed yourself as a woman it would decline your like. I haven't looked at what happened to that product line but I remember within a month or two of it coming out it was already primarily a female purchasing audience.

Proof that negging works

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Sleeveless posted:

Of all the things to mock Hetalia for, complaining about a silly gag-a-day comic not treating historical events with enough gravity and respect is the weakest. Especially from the forum that brought you tribute.wmv

There's context. Whereas Germany made holocaust denial illegal, in Japan denying or grossly downplaying the rape of Nanking isn't just common, it's official government policy. When a Japanese anime whitewashes the Japanese atrocity that Japan does its best to pretend never happened, it's part of that revisionist narrative.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Maybe the problem is that the current generation of old white executives are dumber and less adaptable than the generations of old white executives who came before them.

drat elders these days. Back in my grandpa's day, the old folks knew how to market to the twentysomethings.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Barudak posted:

The image was constructed out of the words in the negative tweet. So the twitter bot was churning out hundreds of images made out of the text "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children" and other similar white power speech repeated over and over and over again and since the bot was non-stop spamming it

Maybe if they didn't want to repost a bunch of bad words they shouldn't have made a campaign that literally consists of "Give us a bunch of bad words and we'll repost them."

Sounds to me like the campaign was working exactly as intended, but they only realized after it started that the intent was a really stupid idea.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

But we were talking about 1999, do you understand when 1999 is.

Giving e/n a special Tiny Brontosaurus Pointless Slapfight Quarantine Thread was not enough. Every subforum should have one.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Dude I made one calm, one-sentence post. Three hours ago.

Holy loving poo poo you retard the year 2000 came right after the 1990's how loving DIFFICULT IS THAT TO GET THROUGH YOUR STUPID SKULL *blankets monitor in spittle*

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Parasol Prophet posted:

Seriously, how the gently caress is it so hard for people to swallow their pride

lol

If you don't say "I'm lovin it" whenever you order at mcdonalds then maybe you'r a prideful pendantic dipshit who needs to pay proper respect to the brand

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Jastiger posted:

I get it at kids' places to sing and dance, and yeah, its about embarrassing the kids. But who thinks its a good idea? Who is like "Alright, lets all interrupt our work day to sing to these guys and possibly LOSE more of a tip due to the delay!"

Yes, that is precisely what the servers say, because as the ones doing the singing the servers obviously enjoy it and must be the ones who chose for singing to be a thing

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I think that with enough planning and focus we can have an orca in a stable orbit around Proxima Centauri in the next 25 to 30 years

I think I remember that star trek

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

There was an energy drink whose ads consisted of people saying why they used it. It started out with things like "When I'm pulling an all-nighter" or "When I need to meet a tough deadline", but by the end everyone just said "Every day" "Every day" "Every day". I'm sure the intent was something like "Hey if you try our product you'll find it's helpful in a wider range of situations than you expected," but the way it came across was "If you try our product you will immediately become addicted, avoid like the plague."

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

(c) Betsy Ross, these six guys' parents, the military-industrial complex, God

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Under Armour presents, "Band of Ballers"

Oops!

Not seeing the problem here

Adbot