Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Kay it's gone

Adeline Weishaupt has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

grittyreboot posted:

I'm surprised no one mentioned this commercial yet. This is the most stupid attempt at rebranding i can think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1vtZR16RY

You also didn't mention when Stephen Colbert went off on them for doing this*. Which wasn't that bad per-se, I mean, that's half of his shtick. But what was worse was their response;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9s8WO2t4M

You can tell that they're trying to go tit-for-tat with a light-hearted jab, but somehow "ironic enthusiasm" tends to make you always come off like a petty rear end in a top hat.

*Could somebody post the video for me, being north of the border makes it much more difficult to find his content.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
A small upside to the creepy happymeal is that it did give us some good pictures;

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Part of the problem was that their tentpole, Starfox, was actually a B-list title; and no matter what it's going to be overshadowed by Legend of Zelda. Which is what people are desperate to hear from, since they showed it last year. The rest of the show would have been fine if there was something that actually made people excited; like an Animal Crossing, new Martio, or Metroid. Instead there were only spin-offs of these franchises which reminded people that they weren't getting anything worth anticipating. except Starfox, but people are dumb

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
From what I've read, SoA didn't want to put out a new console so hurriedly; and wanted to focus on the Genesis expansions instead. But since SoJ were the ones at the helm they pushed forwards despite, and probably in spite of, SoA's wishes; to which the head of SoA chose to both resign and give Nintendo a reference to SGI about their MIPS tech which became a the core of N64's design.*

*This last part is debatable as to whether SEGA is the reason Nintendo chose SGI, but at this point it's a he-said-she-said situation.

Adeline Weishaupt has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Jun 29, 2015

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
...but well done steak takes out all of the flavor of the meat. At that point all you're eating is spices and sauces.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
True on the Beats part, but not so much with Sennheisers. The bulk of their consumer range is closed-back, but they do have high-end models that are open-back for audiophiles. Sennheiser's consumer range closed-backs still does sound much better than Beats.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Using any remaining bit of their budget so that they won't have it reduced next year/quarter.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I have about as much of a degree of inaccuracy with a full-sized keyboard as I do with a touch-screen. Though that says more about my typing abilities than touch-screens. I do think that in the next five years there will be a reaction against touch-screens and physical inputs will return in some capacity (though probably not in ways we expect or hope).

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Len posted:

As someone who works at a popcorn factory that is not going to get you what you want.

True that, plus the theatre has great popcorn (and I do mean great, I can't find even remotely similar popcorn at any of my other local theatres and chains :canada:).

Flavacol is a must. Coconut oil is just like 35mm film; it has great craft behind it and has nostalgia fueling it's use, but modern stuff can produce a nicer results when used well (not to say newer is always better, retro stuff usually shows dedication to it's craft). We use a vegetable-based popping oil called 'Vegetol' that has butter flavoring in it already; put it in the right amounts and you're golden.

Personally, I think it tastes great plain like that. But if you believe that plain popcorn is unthinkable...

For our topping; we also use a particular topping oil mixed with salted butter in equal parts. That way you get that genuine butter smell, mixed with a nice and familiar butter-flavored-topping taste you get anywhere else (also keeps us from spending as much on sticks of butter).

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Last Chance posted:

I'll have what this person's having

First year philosophy courses, helluva drug.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, reading you guys argue about who has the largest shitpile really makes me seriously wonder why ChromeOS isn't taking off.

Aside from the fact that megacorps are able to access literally all of your info.

Even though anybody who actually cares about that should be using a Linux distro anyways.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Chop Sunni posted:

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that they made it that the Waynes died as part of a conspiracy to create the batman. Is that true because that would be incredibly dumb?

You might be thinking of the Batman the Animated Series spinoff Batman Beyond, which is basically "teenage Batman in a cyberpunk dystopia"

And if I recall correctly, the shadowy government conspiracy was to make sure that there would be a true successor to Batman when Bruce Wayne kicks the bucket. With the conspiracy going so far as genetic manipulation to make Bruce Wayne secretly the kid's genetic father, and nearly killing the kid's parents at the same age.

And if I recall too, they call-off the assassination becuase "Batman wouldn't kill somebody, also Batman would think this is hosed up too." But the kid's dad dies anyways and then trains under Bruce to be a teenage Batman in a cyberpunk dystopia.

It is incredibly dumb, but the episode is considered one of the better episodes in the DC animated universe.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Idgi

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
"Lose"?

I'm Canadian and a goon, so I only know surface-level stuff about Hockey and Canadian Football.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Okay that makes a lot more sense! Thanks you guys!

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Len posted:

It'll be like Persona 4 that has a character dress like a boy to be taken seriously but she isn't a boy and is fine with being a girl and not trans but boy howdy do people love to go "she's totally trans you guys"

To be fair to trans men, how many relatable trans men exist in video games? It's easier to find "good enough" than the real McCoy.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
What computer does the real proletariat use comrade?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
For all of this poo poo-talking nobody has even posted a picture of the drat thing.

Seriously; how did any reasonable adult let this get past the proposal phase? Was it literally just 50+ year old men just thinking "well those hipster kids will like it"?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
See, that's at least fun and appealing; if extremely incongruous with it's neighborhood.

It has a clear idea that the designer/artist wanted to get across. So that building is a delightful outsider art/children's illustration aesthetic instead of a bizarre design that doesn't get anything across.

Adeline Weishaupt has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Jun 30, 2018

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Said artist is Anish Kapoor, who is responsible for the Bean in Chicago; and has a very public feud with Stuart Semple.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Hoo boy, a meltdown. :munch:

Papa John's is hosed and they're gonna be the Chick-fil-A of pizza if they can't rebrand and weasel their way outta Mr Johnny himself.

Actually, is it possible to kick him out of the company for good?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Nuevo posted:

I don't know about where you live, but that's worked out pretty loving good for Chick-fil-a around here. They've got a packed out parking lot and drive through lines around the building literally from open til close.

There are a lot of Christian bigots who very strongly believe in their message and support it with their wallets.

I live in Canada, outside of one located inside an Airport, the closest location is an eight hour drive across the border.

I only hear about the gay-bashing so to be honest I thought that the brand still had a scarlet letter attached to it still. Helps that up here overt bigotry is still a massive faux pas though subtle bigotry is still widely beloved.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Cerepol posted:

I have the exact opposite problem, they release these variants in Canada with sugar afaict and I don't want that stuff, give me diet coke flavours tyvm.

Weird, I live in Alberta and sometime in the last year they've introduced Diet Coke with flavors like Lime, Mango, and Ginger. They're in skinny tall cans and sold in cases of eight. I usually don't like Diet Coke but I actually can drink an entire pack of these if I wanted.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
DUKE CANNON LIKES OLD SOMETHING AWFUL BEFORE SJW'S TOOK OVER!

DUKE CANNON WANTS YOU ALL TO BE MORE LIKE KIWI FARMS!

sweet new thread title

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Idgi

Did she recently say that AIDS was a plague god sent to punish sinners or something?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Other than being an utterly confusing marketing choice, the multicolored puzzle pieces are falling out of use because the imagery has come to suggest autistic folks are a puzzle to be figured out who need to get put together. Not a cute look.

Autistic People loving hate Autism Speaks because of that mentality. In addition to how Autism Speaks believes that Autism is a disease to be cured, rather than merely a different way that the human brain thinks (that happens to have difficulty coping with modern society).

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Some of the tweets are missing note, making the thread unparseable.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't say that they're justified; but the story about Moxie (most popular soda in the US, became culturally ubiquitous, decided to slash the advertising budget one year, became an also-ran in the soda market) sure as hell scares a lot of CEOs into generous advertising budgets.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I had an old person moment (as somebody who's turning 26 in a week :shepface:) hearing 'Bad Guy' this year, and realizing that the indie/alt rock I grew up with is never gonna come back.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Counting Crows fan spotted.

Excuse me, I listened to real hardcore alt rock. :colbert:

You know, Theory of a Dead Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax