Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

son-of-a-bitch. I want a Guinness now, just loving because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Decrepus posted:

This commercial is great.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think this.

Compared to the Budweiser commercial it's even more funny.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dpbjinc posted:

At this point, Budweiser could put out the funniest Superbowl ad ever and no one would laugh because no one would be paying attention. They'd get a lot more sales by not running an ad.

It's like coke and Pepsi dude.

Honestly, who, In America, hasn't heard of; Coke, Pepsi, Miller, Coors or Budweiser?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Beer is good, drink it.

Free Beer is great! You are only allowed to complain about the temperature of a beer you are provided with.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stop helping Budweiser

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Only if it's the kind you can smoke/vape

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:frogout:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Devil Tesla posted:

Here's an actual millennial thing: being less likely to stand commercials.

I thought this was just "Being Human"? :confused:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

This is huge and corporations are just now learning the hard way what it means to economically stunt an entire generation. Lower wages/less reliable employment means smaller living spaces, living with roommates until later in life, delaying marriage and child-having, fewer hobbies, fewer vacations. Think how many life events trigger a purchasing spree that just isn't happening anymore. No point in buying a washer/dryer set if you can't afford to live somewhere with hookups. You'll never buy a fridge if you only live in apartments that come with them. No cars if you can't afford to move out of that major urban center with its public transit and lack of parking. Pretty much the only things it makes sense for millennials to buy are food, clothing, and personal electronics, which coincidentally are the only sectors doing reliably well with that age group.

What's going to be really interesting is how this effect amplifies through the following generations. Buying a car or a house isn't going to feel like an unmissable hallmark of adulthood if your parents never owned one until they were finally able to afford to move out to the suburbs in their forties.

And the worst part is, they are looking at everything you just mentioned from the opposite side of the monetary bell curve. Netting you reports like the "Poors have refrigerators" story we all love to make fun of.

It's systemic at this point.

BTW, I love reading what you guys are saying. I don't want to interfere too much though.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Nah, you're not broken. I keep my drives quiet, too, though I work in radio and the last thing I want to do after a long day is listen to more goddamn radio.

I've often wondered if the same can be said of gynecologists.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

fleshy echidna posted:

So someone was recently talking about how add companies really need to realize that the first five seconds of a YouTube add are all of the add that anyone is going right? Well thanks to an add from the Superbowl advertising who the gently caress knows, I now have to sit through a woman screaming through her birthing pains anytime I want to watch a YouTube video with add block down. Jeez guys, that is a really great way of making me hammer the poo poo out of the skip button.

What if you could see the actual birth? Would you give us grandkids then?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rexicon1 posted:

What kind of person characterizes themself as "a resident of PYF"

I bet a millennial would, that's who.

SO you're not denying the small penis allegation?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Some of us are pretty proud of that fact, actually.

I do not keep a spreadsheet on posters, but are you not a woman?

If you are, I can understand the pride.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
lawyer with himself for a client has the tiniest penis.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dude, "inebriates" are a HUGE demographic.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

Life hack: go into a cold stone, walk directly to the tip jar. Put a dollar or two in the jar while telling them "please do not sing while I am here."

Enjoy being their favorite customer forever and ever.

Or, and this is just a suggestion, go to a place that serves actual, tasty ice cream?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Edit: damnit

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I get that that if you're the Coyote Ugly the hook is that you have hot bartenders and girls dancing on the bar, but what's the point if there's nobody in the bar?

Minimum Boner Quota

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bobby Digital posted:

This is what happens when you fly with a stranger in the Alps.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
"We need to sell something and our target demographic is men? Slap some tits on it. Just plaster tits everywhere."

Marketing to men since the dawn of time.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I still think Budweiser's new slogan should be, "Drink up you FUCKS!"

It gets the point across and doesn't offend anyone.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

These anti-Semitic ads are getting out of hand.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The plight of the alcoholic, black Irish-Jew has been common knowledge for some time. Shame on Guinness for exploiting it.

it's also facing east, towards Mecca.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pick posted:

They wanted something a little more sinister than "piss goes in, piss comes out."

You're hired!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Len posted:

Dude won't even give me a watermark free version for my Facebook.

What, The, gently caress?

That is honestly the LEAST you can do as a digital photographer.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Xibanya posted:

Eh, when I lived in Madrid there were people who'd always go to busy discotheques and clubs and take pictures and give people cards so that people could buy the pics later if they wanted to. They're sort of providing a service I guess.

There's no money in it. Trust me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
^^^^ Asholes like that. Christ...

Jaramin posted:

One of the requirements I had for my wedding photographer was that he had to give me full rights to ownership and distribution of the photos in the contract, and absolutely no watermarks.

I hope you compensated him accordingly.

Other than that. Yah I can understand the bride and grooms worries about hiring an rear end in a top hat photographer that can, legally, withhold your wedding pictures. That's being an enormous rear end in a top hat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Having known a few photography students who did side work as wedding photographers, usually if they are withholding your photos it's because of a good reason. People at weddings have 0 chill, and my friend once had to deal with a family who wouldn't let her eat food (despite the fact that it was in the contract they signed) or let her sit down because she "might miss something". This was for an 8 and a half hour long wedding. She was going to withhold the photos from them because they also tried to dick her over when paying her but then the grooms uncle came up to her when she was leaving and was just like "look I'm really sorry my nephew is such a tremendous cockface." and gave her 300 dollars in 20's.

I've been told it's waaaaay worse for wedding DJs too.

Oh there are stories for both sides being dicks. People, all people, can be dicks.

Every story, i've ever heard, is just one more tally on why I have never and will never do weddings.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Think of the children!
/
:byodame:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

cheerfullydrab posted:

They're worried about their jobs? "Wear all the Spuds MacKenzie t-shirts you want!" is a more dangerous proposition than "ban Spuds MacKenzie t-shirts", because one of those definitely pisses off powerless students who can't do anything, but the other option might possibly piss off parents, administrators, voters in school board elections, school board members themselves, etc. Causing trouble for the one group has way less risk than possibly being hassled by the other group. Even kids have to make decisions like this, everyone does.

Blend in our stand out. :)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bluemillion posted:

:stare: The promised land...
I would gain like 50 pounds in a month if I lived anywhere near there.

Dude, think of your colon. Your poor, poor colon.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

If you think that's bad...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beKVrPW0LLQ
:commissar:

also I keep reading that hashtag as Man DP

yah but, Dem Feet

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Granted I'm really shocked that more advertising companies haven't been just doing the "hey this product exists, here is how much it costs, here is what it does" type of advertising. The sensationalist stuff, the "everything is now premium luxury top grade A best poo poo ever!!!!!!!" crap, and the preying on insecurities ultimately went as far as it could. Of course thanks to internet searches I imagine the smart marketing departments are going to shift away from traditional advertising and toward making sure the information is out there in internet land to be had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f83AYIJiQUw

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

I work at an art museum that specializes in the very ancient through 1850 or so. Because most of our long-standing members and general clientele have been dying off lately, we have also been faced with the problem of courting millenials. Someone was paid a lot of money to come up with the idea of a selfie contest, where people take their pictures in front of a work of art and tag the museum when they post it. Tons of people did, because it's kind of a fun idea. No one under the age of 60 is actually signing up for membership, of course, but we have duckfaces in front of Roman sculptures for days :v:

My local museums have started 21+ nights where you can drink and go through the museum sans kids. They are an incredible blast to photograph and a tons of fun to boot.

Last four events have sold out. :)

I like it when things I like prosper.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, we do something similar, and it is great. The problem is, the museum is already free to the public, mainly due to a combination of a grant from the city and proceeds from memberships. The city isn't exactly in the best place right now, and with the older generations dying off, the marketing team is essentially tasked with trying to convince broke young people to pay for what has more or less been a free service for years. No one wants to go the PBS/NPR annoy-people-til-they-throw-their-wallets-at-us route, of course, but the lack of new blood has begun to have serious repercussions and there have been a lot of scary cutbacks recently. It's a tricky situation, and one that's sadly becoming a problem with a lot of non-profits.

How to get younger generations interested in the "arts-history-humanities-take your loving pick" It's turning out to be a systemic problem at the moment.

Here, booze and pop culture are easing the transition. I have no experience with other areas. I imagine you would need a liaison/bridge between the cultures. A person like that though is few and far between.

For me, the bridge has been photography. Pictures have an impact, no matter your age. Being able to see, whatever it is, brings something to a personal level. It can evoke an emotion, whether good or bad, in a moments time.

IME, it's mostly having the older generation connect with the younger, and not ther other way around. I'm sure this is a geographical metric though. Other areas I have visited, I don't see having the same issues. Different issue sure, but not these.

:shrug:

We all need to find a conduit of communication. Common ground. :)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's a systemic problem, really; the reason millenials care less about that than their parents/grandparents is because of the same stuff I was talking about before. They're loving broke. Who cares if I can go see some Roman statues? I'm out of food, rent is due, and I haven't paid anything on my student loans in four months. I have other poo poo to worry about.

Booze helps sure but one very real problem is that millenials are in the situation where a lot of them are worried about just not starving to death. It's also kind of hard to be motivated to leave the house if you graduated two years ago and literally nobody has a job for you.

Can I ask your geographical location?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You could be traveling the country and having a great time. Or you could be paying your rent and eating better than beans and rice.

With our prices, the choice will be easy.

Krogers. Where you dollar goes further.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Reminds me of desperate Colorado classical symphonies doing 'Classically Cannabis' shows, letting people get high as gently caress in the audience.

Honestly that makes a night at the ole opry sound much more attractive :cheeky:

I'd go. :420:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Here's an ad from Thailand for an herbal laxative tea

The Final Solution in constipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Huntersoninski posted:

I don't love it, but it's not the clerk's fault they're pressured to make sales or else, so I just say, "no thanks" until they stop. I don't shout at them and berate them about tech poo poo that's totally out of their control. That's what people with anger issues do.

If it's that bad I just stop going, or, in the bank's case, go through the drives.

This.

I've said it to managers and the like before. "Thank you very much for the offer, I understand you are obligated to do so, but I am not interested."

Always gets a smile and never a second repeat. :)