Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

And he was over 40

Except Toney had legit fighting experience, not just a maybe blue belt from being friends with Rener Gracie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
BJ Penn beat the poo poo out of Diego Sanchez for 23 minutes

Diego's tactics were: bad wrestling, terrible haymakers, MEAN MUGGING

None of it worked

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

MysteryNad posted:

Punk is at least as qualified a fighter as Herschel Walker was, I have no doubt Joe Silva can find a Greg "Nudge" Nagy for him to fight.

Or Punk vs Nudge

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Punk should fight the blond kid in this thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSAO8op0ow

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I'm waiting for the invitation to train at Hammer House

Which is just Mark Coleman bellowing to the four winds on his porch.

Also, since he's got a black belt, how about Punk vs Al Bundy?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Yeah an important thing to note is the commission won't approve a fight with a good experienced guy against a 0-0 guy.

Looks like Punk's gonna make his debut in Japan!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

1st AD posted:

They need to get Jake Shields back in the UFC. No knockout.

A dude that's not even a blue belt versus the AMERICAN JIU JITSU BUZZSAW?

That's cruel

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yuriy posted:

yo when is brandon thatch coming back, he was a loving killer and he hasn't fought in over a year

Rukus vs Wonderboy on the Brown vs Saffiedine card in February.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Punk's favorite all time fighter is Dan Henderson so he's not all bad

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Punk is a larger than average guy but i don't see how he isn't going to look smaller and physically outclassed at middleweight. RIP CM Phil

Who are the guys that have never lifted A Weight?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

I like Condit because he gives tall skinny guys hope.

Gangly violence monster

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

It is good how people are rationalizing that CM Punk will have better training so he has a good chance to beat his first opponent, because they're discounting the fact that his first opponent will probably have natural ability and also a non-old body. I think if we were anywhere but the internet forumsphere that in an average group of 18-31 year old males, probably half could beat up CM Punk.

Chick Magnet Punk vs Mage of Blackest Night

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90YcgwAZTM

Yoshihiro Takayama shows what happens when "pro wrestling" is your only combat sports background

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

This is still an excellent display of what the words "Refusal to die" mean.

"Bushido spirit" translates to "facial reconstructive surgery"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff is still the longest combo after it's landed and I don't care how many time I have to post it. Everything past the dick kick is insane.

And what will happen if CM Punk faces a competent striker.

http://www.ufc.com/media/Saunders-vs-Wolff-UFN-16-Prelim-Fight

Edit - No joke, I see eight knees in a row then twelve a little later - then loving FIFTEEN in a row a little later.

Still the worst beat down I've ever seen.

There were like 50 knees because Killa B hates faces

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

You should use a reverse Boston crab https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnLi3vtJBRc

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Is Coach Cush gonna greenlight Punk?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

I bet that 40 year old guy who is too afraid to drink a beer is gonna kick some rear end!

Benson Henderson said he doesn't drink and he has won fights

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Street Horrrsing posted:

Toxx: CM Punk's debut opponent willl be more legitimate than Kimbo Slice's debut opponent for Bellator

Kimbo is fighting Ken Shamrock

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Cabbit posted:

This joke would have worked better with him having a cigarette or weed, things that emit smoke.

It's his first time with a beer, he doesn't know how they work.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

He is a Dwarf Lord and you should show him the proper respect

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

triplexpac posted:

One of the craziest things I learned about wrestling is that they didn't book Butterbean vs Bart to punish Gunn for winning the tourney they set up for Dr. Death to win.

Like it made perfect sense: "Oh you beat our guy did you? Well now you have to fight Butterbean fucker"

But no they actually thought Gunn had a shot in that fight and wanted him to win.

Dr Death vs Alexey Ignashov is even sadder. Let's put an old wrestler in against a scary-dangerous kickboxer, sure that'll work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4T6layh2CU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Roman Reigns posted:

Also he's a bit of a wiener. And he poo poo his pants one time.

both proud mma traditions

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

uncleKitchener posted:

I don't hate on Punk as much as other people because he believes in himself. That's enough to make you a decent person and a role model to youngsters.

As long as he keeps a positive attitude even with losses, I'll be interested in what he does in the future.

I don't think there's even been someone like punk in MMA as long as I can remember. He's sort of unique.

I think I may know who this is but I've probably forgotten his name.

WAYNE WEEMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3NFZwooqk8

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

So he gets to gently caress around on national TV and get paid for it, is already financially secure, doesn't have to worry about saving face, no longer has to worry about rear end-eating staph infections, and gets to go home to AJ Lee regardless.

Livin' the dream :shobon:

About that

WARNING, :siren: :nws: :nms: :siren:

Top staph infections in mma history

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

argondamn posted:

Dillon "Trouble" Pousson had at least 3 more pro fights than cm punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBm-cMuSaxw

And now he's banned from his gym.

It takes a confident well-adjusted man to walk out to Taylor Swift.

A dude on a semi-recent UFC card walked out to Shake it Off

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Optimist with doubt posted:

Yeah but in that article they talk about pulling fighters for the staph. No z-pack and good luck out there. Real actual fights were canceled.

Tons of fighters claim they had staph after fights. They just didn't pull out, probably because they needed the money

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

what a terrible slumber party

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Can CM Punk fight Herschel Walker?

Please?

Bring back Greg "The Nudge" Nagy, Walker's first victim

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yuriy posted:

gently caress you, Joe owns and Punk couldn't replace him a million years

Joe is a bad commentator, unless you like hearing that a sloppily wrapped headlock is a SUPER DEEP GUILLOTINE! THAT IS IN TIGHT! oh he's out

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

How can anybody dislike Joe Rogan?

He is bad and dumb and says bad and dumb and terrible things

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Fake dorks in past UFC games that could beat up CM Punk:

- Shaq
- Skrape, Punkass and Mask, the TapouT crew (RIP CHARLES LEWIS, NEVER FORGET :angel:)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

The 12-10 guy probably has some decent skills despite being a bad fighter. tons of fighters have poor looking records, doesn't mean that they can't beat the poo poo out of a striped white belt.

cm punk vs mark hunt

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

BGrifter posted:

The funniest outcome would be Dana finding the saddest string of cans in MMA history so Punk can go 20-0. Have him fight a guy with no arms or something. Maybe a couple legally blind opponents. In 10 years they can have him fight a 61 year old Ken Shamrock.

Kyle Maynard would still beat Punk

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Which one did he beat then...?

Anthony's uncle

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Josh Barnett said Nakamura had one of the quickest double legs he's ever seen. I wrote about Shinsuke's MMA career here

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/before-the-swag-chronicling-shinsuke-nakamuras-mma-history/

Also if you want to feel super sad, watch Alexey Ignashov vs Dr Death

Because why not put a wrestler vs a really good kickboxer?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Punk, there is no dog and that cop wasn't 5 feet tall

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Getting hit in the head and smiling about it?

Punching lips off faces

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

It's far-fetched, but sure, Punk could win 3 fights. But I don't see him beating Denis Siver to get that title shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Helicity posted:

Is smearing yourself in your feces a valid MMA tactic? If so, Punk has a chance of winning because most people wouldn't punch a poop golem.

You say that, and yet 2 of Travis Browne's 3 losses are by KO.

• Locked thread