Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

same but my funnel doesnt have enough digits on the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

qirex posted:

the only people who should never know how much money I make is my family

this but friends in non-tech fields. "yeah my friend james became a teacher and he's making a TON of money" "yeah?" "yeah he said like 45k"

:rip:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

chihuahuas are so ugly

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

quote:

MEASURING GIRTH

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have a friend with a fake id for his dog saying it is a prescribed service animal

the dog is very poorly behaved

said friend is a moron

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

we encountered this when we moved here. Only a handful of places would take our dog (Chow Chow/GSD mix). Even places that said 'we accept dogs' wouldn't take him because of breed (and he's 51lbs).

We eventually found a complex. But those complexes are cuh-razy with the rent increases. Like, 14% a year (from $1,900 when we moved in to $2,600 when we moved out 2.5 years later). I wrote a script for CL that would search for places that allowed pets, and then eliminated all the lovely complexes in the area that are always advertising on CL and we got this kickass townhouse where the landlord was like 'lemme meet that dog' and 'ok he looks cool' and we don't pay any extra or nothing.

He *was* actually trained by my wife at the local humaine society to be a support dog for the local hospital program they have

Proof: my son giving him blocks to eat

wanna pet that dog

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

infernal machines posted:

the idea that i could have enjoyed even more privilege is almost mind blowing.

what a time to be alive

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

taxes are just tools of the welfare|nanny|fascist state to hold down the small businessman

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

bobbilljim posted:

and that 1 man was Richard lowtax kyanka

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

this thread + hn thread are very depressing & angering

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

200/month is more than 1000 a year btw

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

good.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

quote:

Liquefaction
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of becoming liquid.
:mrgw:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

fwiw the some of densest (big) cities in the world already have crazy height restrictions, such as paris (6 stories unless you a church) and somerville (3 family dumpsters as far as the eye can see)

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hopefully it liquefacts first

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

its like the six californias proposal but zero californias

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pacific ocean take it iiiin

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

prefect posted:

some weird rules in that dnd thread

No discussion on hot-button topics without proper naming etiquette, e.g. don’t use the Chinese names of things like: noted dissidents, political prisoners or controversial historical events. Referring to these things by their initials is the best way. Example: LXB is good, Liu Xiaobo is okay, but using his Chinese name is probably not a good idea. This is to avoid the forum getting blacklisted and inaccessible from Mainland China.

post their names in this thread, let's get the forum blacklisted

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

a company that makes "environmentally sustainable" paper plates valuing itself at 2.5 million dolalrs

That doesn't sound wrong or unreasonable. Did you mean billion?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i am the same-day delivery grocery service valued higher than known grocery stores that offer same-day delivery grocery service for free

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

in both cases the answer is 0

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

A minimum of half a billion toilets is a Lotta dang toilets

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Considering normal high speed rail over that distance would be at least 5 billion I think it's safe to call that estimate low

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

eschaton posted:

this all sounds like great infrastructure to make generic though, where there's a standard capsule size and gauge and addressing and switching blocks and then we just apply networking technology to physical packet routing and we can just have streams of 1TEU containers not just flowing by ship rail and truck but under our feet and entirely automated

great infrastructure for our inevitable evolution into a hive world

I'm the physical packet loss

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

EVGA Longoria posted:

so other countries build it, and then we invade and take it? sounds good to me

holy poo poo piss i want that veridian dynamics gangtag

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

vodkat posted:

In all honesty I'm surprised its not 23 - 100%

The remaining third are almost certainly misreporting

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

FamDav posted:

rotor raped and killed a woman in 80

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

0/5 repost

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my friends pro-uber arguments summarize as: taxis are over-regulated, uber is fighting those regulations, those regulations are bad

without specifying what those regulations are and what is wrong with them

fallbacks include boston taxis suck and are never available, surge pricing is good because it is supply and demand in action

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

Uber didn't address that, it still happens plenty. Some people even have the Uber dude drive by the pickup spot and just refuse to stop.

And then they charge you the no show fee!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

my cab experience is that I called yellow cab dispatch and then 20 minutes later a clearly marked van pulled up and it was exactly the type of vehicle I asked for because I had to shove my mangled-by-a-car bike into the back.

the cab was reasonably clean and he asked if I needed to use the card reader but I had a $20 and that more than covered the very cheap ride.

the driver was Hispanic though so it was just horrible.

loving immigrants taking our jobs

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

of course it is. and it isn't anything new but is normally such small time offenses that attorney generals don't bother with it unless the place that is forcing staff to pay breakages or shortages in the drawers happens to be competing with a major campaign donor's chain. also most places are loving stupid enough to make it written policy.

it will take an ag that is willing to call bullshit on the word smithing and isn't afraid of the sv companies calling them mean names

help us New York, you're our only hope.

Attorneys general

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the steelers are funy footbal because ben rapistburger is a rapist.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

four? five? pages of burgerchat

christ

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

okay realtalk rochester, NY is the king of burgers. so many fuckin lil local burger places. and we have and invented garbage plates, a burger-based meal that is vastly more than the sum of its parts. thanks, nick tahou.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

uncurable mlady posted:

tbc parachute account spotted

tbc is a rochestarian? :ohdear:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i bathe tomatoes in chemicals like dihydrogen monoxide before eating them too

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bloody posted:

i bathe tomatoes in chemicals like dihydrogen monoxide before eating them too

lol, jk, i don't eat tomatoes.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

also if you arent salting your tomatoes what the gently caress are you doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

literally everything is better with a lil salt and a lil fat of some sort. tomatoes? salt and olive oil. oh no my precious tomato has been corrupted by chemicals

• Locked thread