Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

Gatoraid is fail. Municipal tap water is the only non booze or beer drink that's morally acceptable. Sometimes some ginger ale is acceptable, but only on occasion.

no more coffee for you smythe lol

fukken owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

What makes Evolution Fresh unique?

Evolution Fresh peels, presses, and squeezes raw fruits and vegetables. After chilling, blending and bottling juice, we use a technology called High Pressure Processing (HPP) to ensure safety and help retain flavors and nutrients.

What is High Pressure Processing (HPP)?
In High Pressure Processing (HPP) our bottles of juices are immersed in cold water and then subjected to enormous pressure to inactivate pathogens. This process allows us to ensure safety and help retain flavors and nutrients. As part of this process the temperature of the cold juice rises minimally, but not above room temperature, and quickly falls.

everything has at least 60g fructose lol

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
someone make a :supaburn: my 401-k thread

not me i'm just an ideas guy

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Vicas posted:

i hate literally all of this

(also the casual transphobia but then he identifies himself as the most right wing googler so shocker)

i got a badge this week for a meme with over 100 upvotes with a joke i lifted from yospos. thospos. :mrgw:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

compuserved posted:

what was the joke? please sned the joke

some dumb serif thing from the logo thread. memes at google are where people vent sarcastically before getting back to work

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
smythe do you drink from glasses that you can smash over peoples head to comedic effect?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
that's what you get for going public. keep sucking those vc tittays

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
:tutbutt: :yosbutt:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://flex.amazon.com

happening.gif

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Elder Postsman posted:

i like airports. i wish i got to fly more because planes are sweet as heck.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
my favourite oyster bar added this to their menu this year

quote:

20% Service Charge**
*Consuming raw, undercooked, or unpasteurized foods may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Menu items may contain nuts and other allergens. Please let us know if you are allergic to anything.
**The Washington State Department of Labor requires us to disclose that 58.75% of our service charge is paid to employees “directly serving the customers.” The
remaining amount of the service charge is used to pay all employees a base wage of at least $15 per hour, to further compensate non-direct service employees on top of
their base wage and to provide health insurance and matching retirement savings accounts to eligible employees.
Thank you for dining at The Walrus and the Carpenter.

so, they take 40% of the forced tip and put it in to wages and other stuff it seems like? i dunno. shame if you don't tip 20% anyway.

it hasn't caught on much in wa yet afaict

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

jony neuemonic posted:

maybe i'm not seeing the weasel words but this one actually seems ok?

yeah it probably is. i guess it goes against the expectation that tips are take home pay straight up? as i said we'll see if it catches on. fee creep is a thing

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Trident whistleblower: nuclear 'disaster waiting to happen'

https://wikileaks.org/trident-safety/

lmao

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

BattleMaster posted:

that was boring; the british sub program may be a shambles but the worst case is the loss of a sub, nothing cool like launching a nuke or something

:ssh: i didn't actually read any of it i just saw it while searching for the brennan emails the other day and it seemed topical. just post

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ya who indeed they must have trouble hiring...

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
also that lawsuit is lol and will jut drive people to amazon flex im sure

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

lol yes lets compare two software companies with a company that has warehouses full of workers across the nation

that's the point due all those warehouse workers are subcontracted

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i liek five guys and i'm a chain restaurant snob kthxbye

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

if you're going to pay too much money for a burger how about you go to a local burger place instead of a fake local burger place and help your local economy instead of pissing more money into the giant void

this is a super fair question, though i'm not sure where you get the fake local part. they put newspaper clippings on the walls from like atlanta and poo poo where i presume they're based.

the answer is, you're not the first person to challenge me about this exact thing and so i've in fact sampled pretty much all the local burger places. five guys is generally superior. dick's is best at 2 am when you are out and drunk and want 4 50 cent burgers, burgermaster has that cool rollerskate drive in vibe but the meal itself was average, red mill was boring with bad fries, rain city was too focused on their vegan stuff to make a solid traditional burger, uneeda was too hipster even for me. i still have a couple other places to check out.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Tayter Swift posted:

that dude who's disrupting the pill industry by charging $750 a pop got a nice invitation to come to the senate

check out that schedule of questions for him, it's great

why would anyone voluntarily comply with something like that, ever?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

because if you don't comply the congressional committee will get a subpoena? then they'll re twice as angry at you for wasting their time and you'll have to turn over the same stuff anyways

so like, why don't they just do this to begin with because it's lunacy to expect someone to open their books otherwise.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
american schools are so weird. required to offer busses and lunches?

in other news a friend of mine was laid off from gawker this week lol.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
guys at my mma gym would get iv fluids after a cut for weigh in but that's literally sitting around losing 25 or more pounds of water weight so that makes sense. they'd always get it done by some firefighter buddies though who presumably know what they're doing.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

i find it hilarious that most fightsports are more a competition of "who can take the most diuretics" than anything else.

it's ridiculous and one of my frriends hosed up his kidneys and can't fight any more lmao

they could solve it all by doing weighins 1 hour before the bout or how they do them at weightlifting competitions but everyone seems to like it better this way for no reason.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

i never see teh amazon fresh car around anymore

you can get produce from prime now including refrigerated poo poo like eggs and milk. i bet it will be entirely phased out soonish.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

[*]if, after initiating the green card process, you change jobs, you lose your place in the list. so the minute your employer starts the green card clock, you never get another raise ever again. they know they've got you by the short and curlies.
[/list]

god getting the green card was such a loving relief. the good news is your h1-b is on indefinite extension while the gc is processing, but yeah you can't really leave your job.

also reappying for the stupidest changes in work status is retarded. i had to do it when i was promoted and my title changed which while being senseless is at least understandable why that rule exists. a coworker had to reapply for his h1-b when he moved desks to a new building. same campus, not even switching addresses lol.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Eh put your boners away

Seattle mayor objects to Uber union legislation, declines to sign bill and asks for changes

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
It's because they inherited the production half way through and instead of pausing to plan and prepare they just winged it and ended up with a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ya it is amazing how candid they are. it's from the official dvd extras even.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
hey was it this thread we were talking about weight cutting? seems like they're wising up

http://onefc.com/news/611-one-championship-revolutionizes-mma-with-new-weigh-in.html

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

if surgery is bad and doesnt work how do i fix my knee. i have a lovely ppo with bc/bs

is that a top 50 bc bs?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

#cuntsourdough mods please

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i only smell cheese and rub it into my skin. eating it is for betas

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

she is rly cool. love her posts on facebook. some epic high res pics of a savage elite cheese spread. posts on the thread like "Wow! Look at that! Such marbling!! Unbelievable!" from other plugged-in cheese connoisseurs

my best friend in higshchool's dad was a teacher and when he took early retirement he bought a local cheese shop. just chillin selling cheese when he felt like it it was super dope.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
code:
   ^
   |          *Z0r              |
   |                     *Smythe|
   |                            |
C  |                            |
O  |                            |
O  |                            |   *Echi
L  |                            |
N  |----------------------------|-------------------------------
E  |                            |
S  |                            |
S  |                            |                       *Quiggy
   |           *You Idiot Hell Fucker
   |    * Cremnob               |
   |_____________________________________________________________>
                              GAYNESS

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
they of course know this already. it's the only growing sector of the economy hence the number of them.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i flew icelandair copenhagen to seattle and the dude next to me with the tremors had no joke 23 bloody marys. twas quite impressive.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
take it to the honeypot thread you dolts

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

any reason why, or just stock-market hoodoo?

:itwaspoo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i liked the ad that secretly judged people depending on their credit rating.

also the budweiser ad that yet again overcompensated for them being foreign owned.

• Locked thread