Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though where's my open-city Deus Ex game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

J-Spot posted:

The small but open cities in Human Revolution were great, we just needed more of them. Make the game more open world than that and you'll turn it into Watch Dogs.
I was thinking something like Dishonored, but with a single big hub city and lots of movement/exploration powers. Then you can have the linear plot, and also hide clues about the REAL conspiracy around the city. So you can actually explore to uncover the real truth.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hog Inspector posted:

it'd be pretty cool to have a bunch of information never outright stated to you that you had to find yourself. there was some of that in HR but the conspiracy heavy setting would be perfect for a lot more of it
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. And Dishonored made HR's basic gameplay way more fun by giving you so many movement powers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

not every game needs to be open world and I like what they've done with the series in HR
Sure, but Deus Ex would be able to do something new and interesting with the open world concept. Combine it with the hub city thing and have like 3-4 explorable small cities.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hog Inspector posted:

sounds like you've played too many ubisoft games
DDraig obsessively hates Far Cry.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

My brother wanted to know why Watch Dogs was regarded as such a terrible game and as he was describing what he was playing, it turns out he accidently bought Sleeping Dogs and played through it.
This post just taint reaped... my heart.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If only Moderators Local #492 hadn't demanded everyone quit in protest over the Aatrek firing. Big labor is destroying this country.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

its weird because imp zone regulars could also be vidya posters

what if imp zone has a problem with you?
Then you're probably a real bad poster.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Of course I say "you" in the general sense of "one." Were I referring to you, hubris.height, I would not say "probably."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I liked Transistor. I realize this makes me uncool.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

I've yet to play it, but the music seems to be pretty magical once again
It's neat and doesn't overstay its welcome.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm on that track more than you realize. I've just got a handful of questions I'd like to find answers to so I don't blow money.

Basically? I'm a super casual gamer. Like, I own a PS2 and a Wii. I play sports games that I can do dynasties with for years. Then every couple of weeks I go to GameStop, buy some used games, and blow my weekend on the cheap. So my family bought me a refurbished XBox 360 for Christmas because they remembered me mentioning at some point that the PS2 was basically dead as far as new games or used games being available at GameStop so I had mentioned I'd have to buy a new (old) system eventually. So they did, which was nice.

But the problem is XBox doesn't have MLB The Show, which is my #1 want. So I'm returning it and I'm going to get a Playstation. But I'm not exactly sure what.

1) I know the PS3 is last gen but is it expected to stay at least supported for awhile or will it be killed off like the PS2 was a year or so ago? I just want to make sure I have a little time to take advantage of GameStop and stuff. Although I can probably go to GameStop and ask that question.

2) Does the size really matter? I know I shouldn't skimp and I probably need some room for the sports dynasties but is there a major gap between 250 GB and 500 GB if I'm not a super active gamer who is going to be doing all kinds of online stuff and whatever?

3) Is the online stuff necessary in any significant way? Can I just opt out of that stuff like I mostly do with the Wii and play the games I physically own and occassionaly purchase online (I don't know if Playstation has something like the Wii Virtual Console, but whatever)?

4) Is a price drop expected soon for last generation consoles? Should I maybe wait a month or is that just a crapshoot?
1. I wasn't super impressed by the PS3's game selection. If you skipped a generation, the Wii U is backwards compatible and so you'll get two generations of games.

2. No.

3. No.

4. They've already dropped, IDK if they'll drop further.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

the software required to emulate ps1 games is basically a small program and a tiny chip.

to emulate ps2 games you'd need the original fat 60gb model as they had an actual PS2 built inside them. it was more cost effective to discontinue that model
I just want a PS2 emulator on my phone.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

PSP emulation is pretty solid on Android and a good number of PS2 classics got PSP ports.
Shadow Hearts 1 and 2, FFX, FFXII, and the international versions of both of those, the Jak series, the Ratchet and Clank series, there's tons of games I would want.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

I agree! I just meant that as a stopgap for the time being, stripped-down PSP ports are a better bet for phones than tryng full-blown PS2 emulation.
The only PSP games i tried to run (Tactics Ogre: LUCT and FF Tactics) ran like poo poo, so I don't think my phone likes PSPPP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

PS3 has Journey
Counterpoint: all Nintendo games take you on a journey to a land of fun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

FF Tactics ran like poo poo even on the PSP.
Seriously that poo poo was inexcusable.

Which is a shame since it's a great remaster of one of the best games of all time. Besides all the slowdown, of course.
I found a patch to apply the translation to the PSX version, and a translated version of LUCT, so it's cool.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Hey FactsAreUseless you did the Lord's work in the griefing thread. Do I have you on steam? If not you should add me.
If you look for FactsAreUseless on steam there's two results, one of them is me.

Edit: they're both me but one is inactive.

Edit 2: I'm basically never on anyway.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 28, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't like the f word because I am sjw as hell but Stux you're a real poo poo poster.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stick of Truth is a great game and is worth playing even if you're not a fan of the series itself. The mechanics are fun and easy to pick up and it stands as a good game on its own.
It's way better than the show has been in a long time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If the next couple of posts are not gaming related I'm doing that.
This is exactly Kuja's motivation in FF9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kuja: Garland is a terrible poster with bad opinions. Just a real poo poo man with a bad beard and rear end. I am going to destroy this thread with Ultima.

• Locked thread