Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Salt Fish posted:

Has there been any indication that the Obama administration intends to materially punish any individual?
Hell no. Because if you think the CIA and pals aren't still doing all this same poo poo you're a dupe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Chamale posted:

When did the transition happen for so many people to start thinking like that?
Sometime shortly after developing a rudimentary culture, but probably before we left the trees and invented fire.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Nothing surprising about that opinion. Cheney has always been a "Collateral damage is to be expected." kind of a guy. Really he's just giving voice to the standards everyone was and still is operating under.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 14, 2014

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Actually have Republicans do this so they can lose, thanks for your bad advice.
The only thing worse than never ending war crimes is the other team winning!

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm just pointing out that if one thinks they can wash their hands of American war crimes and human rights abuses just by voting green/libertarian, there's a lot more they have to do to untangle themselves from America. Like start by not paying your taxes. In fact, there are a few good essays about this very concept.
Move to Mars. Because at this point America pretty much enables the existence of anywhere you'd actually want to live. No matter where you go you're buying American goods from American companies. So unless you want to be a mountain-top goat herding hermit in Somalia you're pretty much stuck with America. Even then you're likely to get shot by some rear end in a top hat from Detroit who joined al-Shabab.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 14, 2014

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Because Republicans winning would end war crimes? :psyduck:
Well right now the two party's thoughts on interrogation are "lol butt stuff" or "gently caress questions, just blow up their wedding."

So whichever you like better I guess.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Right, as if the previous administration wasn't droning the poo poo out of weddings. It's not much, but I'll take blowing up weddings over blowing up weddings AND butt stuff AND a "gently caress you for asking questions" for good measure.
Seems like the choice is torture, murder and lies, or to double down on the murder and lies. Both parties seem real big on the murder and lies, but I guess the Democrats are less psyched about the butt stuff now than they were back then. Progress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Badera posted:

I fail to see a meaningful distinction.
Dude, there's like 100% less confirmed butt torture. That's a huge difference!

• Locked thread