Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

homullus posted:

Targi is really underrated, I think. There is also a nice-ish set of upgraded components on BGG (though none for the expansion yet).

Yeah, Targi is a really great game! As are the upgraded bits on BGG-store. The expansion bits should come available in August.

Other easily transported and fun 2p games I would personally recommend are: Battle Line, Dale Of Merchants (DoM 3 if you only pick one), Ganz Schön Clever and Cartographers. 7 Wonders Duel and Raptor are also very good, but take a bit more table space (not terribly more than Targi, though). Watergate should be excellent, but I haven't tried it personally yet.

You could also just take a deck of cards and play Gin rummy for a good while, it can get pretty addicting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Does anyone have any insight about the compatibility of basic Mysterium and the new Mysterium Park cards?

I ordered Mysterium Park to my partner. Could I also buy an expansion to basic Mysterium and just add it's locations and suspects (and visions, obviously) to Mysterium Parks' decks to give it more variety/longevity?

To my understanding, Mysterium's location- and suspect cards are the same size as on Mysterium Park and just the card backs would be different (which wouldn't be a problem, I don't think).

EDIT. Nevermind, BGG-forums had the answer (yes). Eagerly waiting to play this, as we both love Codenames!

High Tension Wire fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 11, 2021

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Has anyone played Cascadia and does it compare to Habitats (or Nova Luna)? It seems to have some same elements beside the theme.

My partner loves Habitats and I was wondering if Cascadia is also worth trying/owning (it looks oh so pretty...) or are they different beasts altogether?

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Cartographers Heroes' retail-version is starting to hit the shelves over here. I love the original but I'm not certain that I need the new version. Instead I was thinking of buying one of the separately sold map packs to spice up the base game. Any recommendations? The volcano one seemed fun.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Zaphiel posted:

Also for Cartographers fans, there's now an official random map generator, if you want more maps: https://www.cartographers.app/?map=3038507071

Hey this is great, thanks!

Propably gonna buy Heroes at some point instead of the separate map packs since that map generator exists. Cartographers is easily my favorite roll-and-write, it's just super chill and addictive.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Jewmanji posted:

Targi seems worth including as entry-level 2p?

I love Targi but wouldn't call it necessarily an entry-level game. It's not complicated but has some stuff that is easier to grasp when you have played some other board games before. But I would have it in the next OP, since it is a fantastic 2p game.

Other games I'd recommend for new-ish players and folks who don't want too heavy and long games would be 7 Wonders Duel, Battle Line, Undaunted: Normandy, Cartographers and Arboretum. Just my 2 cents.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Just ordered The Crew: Mission Deep Sea (thanks, thread). Should I sleeve the smaller task cards? 96 cards is quite a lot and I'm worried whether they fit back in the box.

Never played any version of The Crew, so I don't know how much shuffling and handling they have to take.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

WhiteHowler posted:

It's not necessary to sleeve the smaller task cards. They don't get handled much, and there's also no real issue if they get a bit worn.

The big cards, though, definitely consider sleeving. They're constantly being handled, and if you have any get marked or overly worn, it can have an effect on the game.

Thanks! Probably won't bother sleeving the small cards then.

I tend to sleeve everything, but some card games with their too small inserts and boxes have really started to bug me. The newest edition of High Society is especially bad in this regard - you can't even use deckboxes 'cause of the tarot-sized cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Yea, Voyages is pretty cool. I've played it some five times now w/my partner (just map 1). It's kinda like a mash-up between Ganz Schön Clever & Railroad Ink. I also dig the theme and art style. Lovely little game.