Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is rooting and installing this https://sufficientlysecure.org/index.php/adaway/ the best way to block ads? I noticed the app hasn't been updated in more than half a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

kitten smoothie posted:

https://blog.oneplus.net/2015/04/oxygenos-is-here-2/

For those of us who've been looking at OpO from afar, what's the story with OxygenOS? They got sick of Cyanogen's crap and cut them out?

I thought OxygenOS was supposed to be a Google-less Android fork, but maybe I'm confusing that with Cyangoen's ultimate aims.

Oxygen OS was a response to some beef Oneplus had with Cyanogenmod in India, CM is still gonna be the thing that gets sent out OTA. From the people who've installed it, Oxygen OS is apparently a very near stock OS except that the update took like 5 months to come out.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Am I supposed to just never close websites on Lollipop? I just switched to show tabs in Chrome instead of the task switcher because I had 47 tabs and they were cluttering up the app switcher.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
SD cards are getting an interesting new feature in Android M, they'll will be able to be "merged" with internal storage:

https://plus.google.com/+SalmanAhmad2299/posts/awmpZWmDubB

Samsung was just future proofing their phones it turns out.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

LastInLine posted:

Didn't you use pie controls back in the old Browser? They were pretty easy to get used to but I don't know if they were intuitive enough to be a control interface for the common man.

Yea you did! I remember getting real good with them and feeling like Johnny Mnemonic

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Manky posted:

There are three current gen consoles, guy. :colbert:

PS4, Wii U and ???

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

😕

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
New nexus leak:

That bottom bezel looks pretty bad.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

LastInLine posted:

Hey, the headphone jack is in the right place!

The micro SD slot is too!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I feel like my OPO is worth exactly the 320 or so I paid for it in 2014, certainly don't think the same would be true for the more expensive OPT in 2015.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

WhyteRyce posted:

OnePlus CEO knows what's wrong with the company and how to fix it

Carl Pei
@getpeid
.@vannoj OnePlus as a company needs to practice the art of under promising.

GETPEID

They are really good at under delivering, maybe some of those skills carry over.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm cheap and buy cheap phones.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
So, uh, the price of the 32gb 5X is still unknown at this point, right? Cause pretty much nothing else is.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
holy poo poo, TWO nexus devices??

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
70 bucks difference between the 5X and the 6P, hmmm

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
i fell in love with some groups marketing approved of

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
heard a cough!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
google photos has not yet been taught to avoid hangouts

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
is google photos like a new google+ or something

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
chromecast should have an hdmi in for passthrough

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
a fun color to have dangling behind my tv lol

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Red Warrior posted:

Hands up if you care what color your freaking Chromecast that hangs on the back of the TV is.

reason why no ones applauding right here

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
those vinyl groves on the chromecast audio are like a tear drop tattoo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
unbreakable kimeshmet

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
google showing us who the imagine dragons of 2015 are

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
chelsea star of the show

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sorry everyone who already ordered a 5X, for potentially missing out on a new Oneplus device!!

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/09/29/oneplus-x-to-feature-snapdragon-801-launching-in-october/

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Also VAT is being applied at checkout in the US but included in the advertised price in my most of Europe.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Are there any phones to be recommended in the up-to-300 category? Looking for a replacement for a dropped and now broken Oneplus One.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

SB35 posted:

Nexus 5x comes in at just over $200 if you buy through Fi and then cancel the service.

I'm in Europe so the Nexus 5X would be right around the 300 Euro mark, which I'd be ok with, I'm not sure about going with something with a smaller display tho.

Also, I thought the 5X didn't have the greatest performance: http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5x-three-months#slide2

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm kinda interested in a cheap phone to use as a dedicated audiobook player, anyone have any recommendations? Used moto e maybe?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Luchadork posted:

AP has posted what they believe the 2016 Nexus devices will look like, based on a source:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/07/05/exclusive-this-is-what-the-2016-nexus-phones-sailfish-and-marlin-will-look-like/

Interesting if they do drop the Nexus branding and just put the G on it.

Bezels are pretty sizable but pretty nice lookin nonetheless.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It's been getting some very positive reviews, like this one http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_3_time_saver-review-1459.php, but Oneplus don't have a great track record as far as software support and timely updates go.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I was planning on getting the upcoming Nexus but I just dropped my phone and killed it. Is there some super cheap option to tide me over till the new Nexus phones come out or should I just a 5X?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The price difference between the Moto G4 and the Nexus 5x is pretty small where I live, I was thinking 2nd gen Moto E maybe?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Thanks for the feedback guys. I decided to skip this years new Nexus phones and get a 5X till next years Nexus phones.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
When I hook up my phone to my PC it was always set to just charge and I had to select data transfer on the phone before I was able to copy files. I recently dropped this phone, a oneplus one, and now the screen doesn't register touches anymore. Is there any way to access my files on the internal storage?

Another thing, the 5X I bought to replace it did not come with a seal on the box, now, I don't necessarily consider the vendor shady but I wonder if there's any way to check if the device has been in-use before?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I've run into kind of an odd problem trying to move the google authenticator app to my new phone. I try to do it on my desktop but none of the options on the 2 factor authentication website work, like I can't edit any of my phone numbers or even turn off 2 factor altogether. Has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Tunga posted:

Off the top of my head: slow OS updates, out of spec USB cables, and a competition that encouraged forum posters to rate the attractiveness of female posters so they could win the chance to buy a phone.

It is a garbage company. Do not buy their garbage.

You know a phone has to be pretty good when two of the three biggest criticisms aren't even against the phone itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Cable posted:

Is there anything I'm missing here? The OP3 is also an option but the fact that it's either loved or hated kinda scares me away.

I switched to a Nexus 5X from a Oneplus One recently and the 5X feels about as fast as that at best, so I imagine the Oneplus 3 would be quite a bit snappier than the 5X at least.