Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Definitely an easier task to pick my least favorites than my favorites this year. A Good Year for Anime.

Brynhildr in the Darkness - A confession: past Yes_Cantaloupe loved Elfen Lied when it came out. Present Yes_Cantaloupe does not, and this is the same exact thing, but without any pretense at originality.

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san - I'm normally all for your brainless yuri shows, but this was awful dreck. I don't bore easily, but this managed it, and in just a handful of minutes per episode.

Argevollen - To quote the famous Yes_Cantaloupe:

The Famous Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

With every new episode, Argevollen has teetered on the brink of being continued or dropped. In most respects, it's not bad, but I don't think I can stand the idiocy of the main character any longer. More specifically, I don't think I can stand the tolerance everyone around him seems to have for it. He repeatedly makes poor decisions and not only is routinely forgiven, but even rewarded.

Hanayamata - Much as with brainless yuri, I'm usually up for a SoL moe show each season, but this one just didn't do it for me. Colorful visuals, dull characters. They mostly seemed like low-effort copies of Kiniro Mosaic characters.

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara - I gave this the 3-ep. test because the first had enough amusing to trick me. The next two had all the weaknesses of the first with none of the strengths. I'd be more specific, but I can't really recall any specifics. It was your standard harem comedy, complete with living in the same building with the haremettes with no adult supervision.

Honorable mention goes to Love Live!, which I actually finished. It was dull even by SoL standards, but I figured I might as well spend as much time watching the anime as I do playing the stupid cell phone rhythm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've wondered since the Mahouka thread, but this has removed all doubt: WickedHate is a fakeposter.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This has turned into the new Kill la Kill thread, and I'm OK with that.

Kill la Kill was awesome despite it's numerous flaws. :colbert:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I see that everyone in the Kill la Kill Megathread had a great Friday night.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yes, everybody who has until now been silent, let loose a torrent of KlK posting!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

coathat posted:

Utena is good actually.

Except that Utena isn't worse than any other anime.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

Cowboy Bebop? Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

How about adding a wildcard vote or something? I think it'd be interesting to hear which series was the most avoided (i.e. requiring 0 episodes viewed) because of its bad reputation/perception/infamy.

I like this idea (tallied separately, of course). ADTRW managed to scare me away from Mahouka, but I would have loved to be able to vote for it.

• Locked thread