Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

Axetrain posted:

From what I understand the 907 has a very vulnerable weak ammo rack. I won't be able to play mine for a bit though but it's nice to have my vanity tank finally.

this is true of all the high tier T- series tanks though. A shot anywhere on the front right half of a T-54 will almost always damage the rack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Subyng posted:

I'd actually like to see a tier 6 or tier 5 historical Tiger. Maybe make it the Ausf. H1 variant. Even a non wehraboo can see the appeal of driving around bouncing shells off your big stupid box tank.

it'd more likely turn t5 into a faustian hell

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Valle posted:

My dumb mission was track tank and do damage to it. Secondary objective was destroy a tracked tank. Two enemy tanks left, a waffle and arty. Enemy waffle is looking the other way, I zoom up from behind in my batchat. I have time. I aim in, shoot him in the track, he's tracked, aim for gunshield and HOLY poo poo HUGE TANK as the Patton M46 on my own team charges in front of me to block my shot and shoot and kill the waffle. THANKS ASSHAT. And no, there's no way he didn't know exactly what he did, because there was plenty room for him to round the corner and shoot the waffle without getting in my way. So shot him in the rear end. He caught fire. He didn't have an extinguisher. He started slowly turning his turret towards me - slowly cause his crew was burning - and stopped his tank. To aim better or something. And then the enemy arty blapped him and he exploded. He didn't say anything in chat, but I got this after battle:

He closed convo immediately after that, and put me on ignore :v:

Edit:

Remember that light tanks get MM one tier up. So putting a tier 8 light's gun and a tier 8 medium's gun next to each other doesn't really work.

welcome to the now until forever so long as those missions are in place. :)

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

otoh there's 210k people playing on EU on a Thursday evening. Welcome to the future.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

the missions would be less retarded if you could pick and choose the order you do them in, but as is I'm seeing waves of people doing the same thing each match. It's really obvious when light tanks are going for the same objective because a lot of the early ones are doable by suicide.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

XVM apparently breaks the mission result popup. Just update it or click the bottom bar to accept

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Agrajag posted:

I thought you have to activate each mission individually. Can you really do them all at once?

haha of course not.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

i did it

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Atal Vataman posted:

he was a cdc reroll, so i kindly shot him for 1100 the moment i had my first shell loaded and blamed lag.

yeah you sure showed him for doing a sad but completely harmless thing that has no effect on anyone else. Hi-five.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

anyone who deserves it, sure. Random acts of spite make you the pubbie.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Prav posted:

Thing is that I don't think I'd get that. I'd get 5 "unicums" that'd be padded out the rear end who intentionally turn the game into a 10v15 that they then fail to clean up (but with lots of WN8 gained, natch), or I'd get 5 deep reds that would manage to somehow be even less coordinated than usual.

3-man medium groups are already enough to decide a game most of the time at high tiers when you're dealing with blue+ players though, depending on map. Exceptions are due to hubris or retard strength on the 'bad' team like 10 man valley capfast pushes on lakeville.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Rincewinds posted:

I have the Object 907, so I don't need a medium trainer, and if it's not like the vanilla Matilda, it's probably not that fun.

86 pen on the silver round.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

he's already taken it down. Stupid to link or even mention any names if you're doing an article like that in the first place. Gee I wonder what happens if I complain about titty streamers in my tank blog that gets a lot of traffic and then link to them. It's still enough to put her on the front page of the WoT stream and less than 50 viewers behind Orzanel. It's really loving sad to see poo poo like this.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

even on the E-50 ramming is such a rare opportunity that it's really not worth giving up any part of the holy trinity of rammer/optics/vstab for.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

News from the front, ie supertest

Long overdue nerf to the powerhouse 113

man, that's crippling. The medium drop in pen is easily workable, but 220 is low enough to be the breaking point where you struggle to pen other t10 heavies frontally :psyduck: . The 113 doesn't have anything going for it that justifies this.

e: actually that note probably refers to the 121 given it's directly below the wz-120 and has the same nerf. duhhhh

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

ah. I still can't imagine this being something that doesn't get changed. It's not like there's a glut of 113 players WG want to diddle out of their money by encouraging them to spend money unlocking other t10s.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

DonkeyHotay posted:

how the gently caress do you do badly in the is-4? just show your side at 45 degrees and everybody will shoot it and never ever pen

yeah this. I'm bad at the IS-7 but the IS-4 is just go to a corner, turn sideways and shoot things. I find it more reliable to use than the IS-7 in terms of gun and armor layout in any situation except where you can get the IS-7 hulldown.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Back in beta, on the Soviet tree one of the heavies had a ridiculous capacity for being ammo racked through the turret from the front. I can't for the life of me remember which one it was. Just that the drat thing was suicide to go hulldown in.

It was IS or higher. Anyone remember?

pretty sure it was actually the t-44.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

demonR6 posted:

Armored Warfare update: insulted by some donkey while playing on the EU server earlier.. "stupid Polish go back to Poland.." Yep, this is going to be a winner.

this occurs every other game? Uninstall noob go play mario barbie tetris.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

so, dominion is absolutely maddening to play because pubbies are too stupid to wrap their heads around the notion that a single cap is worth more than the team's kills for the entire match. That and matches running out the full clock making it worthless as a way of earning money. I mean gently caress sake the entire thing is an excuse to go full retard and get away with it and the one time the game mechanics encourage pubbies to do it they somehow manage not to.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

I can't teamkill a flag carrier huddled in a corner refusing to do anything :cripes:

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Generalissimo posted:

You also received the privilege if you were a tier 5 heavy.

yeah but on the flipside back then HE could legitimately chip down anything. There's a video floating around youtube of a trio of goon E8s giving an IS-4 death of a thousand cuts but I can't find it.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Richard Bong posted:

Wait is it THE konisch? The one from back in the day?

well no they kind of made it boring by giving it conventional stats. it's a slightly better l/75. the awfulpanther would be a brilliant tank if it were a med, instead it's a scout with zero camo that sees t10.

you can fart out damage if you get into a flanking position but it has a really hard time doing that.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Cardiac posted:

So Domination battles are not half bad actually. Well at least for being a WG event.
No 8bit tanks and not a soccer/driving simulator, instead it is just a free for all brawl, where no one gives a poo poo about the flag.
We get to keep the crews from the event?
Cause in that case I will train up a French heavy and USSR medium crew in it.

For the AMX50B drivers out there, is the Domination AMX50B identical to the normal mode one? Cause I am having a blast in that one.

I think it's been getting better, but the more fun games are definitely ones where everyone goes all out trying to cap because it turns into the kind of retarded scrum that you never get to enjoy in normal play. Consequence free ramming and cliff jumping owns. I'm sure it'll be boring as gently caress if they try to change it for organised play though. Maybe if you get to use 3 your own tanks within a point limit.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

ehh. The east corridor is for e100s and fuckoff tds and it's a boring slugfest, the middle is often a trap for most of the game that doesn't get you anything when you win it. The west lane is the most important because it gets you shots in the middle and an ok run into either base but again it's a corridor. I started playing it left-to-right instead of top-to-bottom because it's too easy to win whatever section, make a run for either cap to clear artillery or go behind another lane, and then get nuked by whatever tds are sitting in base doing nothing.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

uhh isn't the 140 already the best medium tank at doing medium tank things

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

is there any functional difference between the 30b and leo 1 besides a few km/h and being only mostly instead of completely obliterated by large calibre HE?

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

i've been trying reverse psychology to counter valley rushes on lakeville. spam ping the valley and tell all bad players to go there, and when they do, thank them for their honesty. it never works but you can have a giggle instead of being jaded and depressed that bad players still do the dumb thing on a 4 year old untouched map.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

One retort that works is if someone tells you to uninstall, say that you play the game for your fun. Not theirs.

mario barbie tetris

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

uh no it should obviously be a set of kill notches on the side of the hull that go like NTR OTTER BADGR PINGU

* I don't actually remember what clans he killed in what order sorry

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Alright lately I've been getting all kinds of games with tons of artillery and TDs but next to no meds or heavies. I'd always been aware of the jokes going around about "World of TDs" and 4 arty per side, but this has taken a turn lately for the surreal and I don't know why. I don't know if everyone is pantsshitting about a med pen nerf but this is really ridiculous. All I can say about it is that if you are playing a light tank right now you can REALLY clean up. Not like how it was a few months ago when all these new lights were released and nobody knew how to deal with them - it's seriously just a joke right now to get into a light tank and circlestrafe like you are playing Quake III.

And why the gently caress would you play a stock tank, ever

except this is and has always been bullshit because for every time a light tank does a solo endzone run into your cap or circlestrafes a td to death there will be dozens of far less memorable occasions where the light tank gets blown to pieces far before it gets anything accomplished. Tanks isn't a twitch shooter even if you're in a pz1 powersliding down a hill

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

idgi

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

it's more that every time a collectable tank bundled with a shitload of gold nobody ever wants crops up serves as a reminder of how loving determined WG is to milk its customers. I really hope AW pulls through even if I never end up playing it because they need some sort of incentive not to do this poo poo.

e: yeah every victory. Good time for grinding out new lines if you can deal with how bad the level of play is going to be

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

Prav posted:

Ahahahaha wait wait wait this gets even better. That's not the KT top gun, nor is it the stock gun, it's some entirely new Mäuschen-exclusive mandatory unlock that'd suck rear end on a T7 and costs 44k to research. What the gently caress Wargaming.

Also the engines are fabulously priced. I like the second one, it gives you 8% extra horsepower for a mere 42k exp.

jesus christ wargaming go gently caress yourself

e: not that the 4502b in its current state should stay but still

yaay fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 28, 2015

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

I'd trade every instance where I get saved by arty for every instance I get hit by arty in a heartbeat. It's a stupid, broken mechanic and it sounds like they're going to try to fix it by turning everything into an fv304. As anyone who has been shot by a 304 for a whole match knows, this is retarded. There's no fix for arty other than removing it from the game entirely.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

broken clock etc

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

yes this justifies the existence of a mechanic that allows players the opportunity to do more damage than the largest direct fire guns in the game from the other side of the map with no risk whatsoever.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

The Southern Dandy posted:

Maybe you should scout more?

should I have to throw a light tank away in the beginning/middle of the game to make sure the above scenario doesn't happen? Because on most maps you're not going to reasonably spot artillery without massive risk until the the game is more or less decided. counterbattery is the only thing spgs have to worry about for most of the game.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

TheFluff posted:

Counterbattery never loving happens, though. Like, I see it happen successfully in maybe one game out of fifty, if even that.

I see it now and again near the start of a match. There's good spots for artillery like everything else and I guess some people are good at gauging shells where they see trees dropping or walls getting crushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

honestly they should trial no-arty mode like they did with confrontation and if by some chance people come crawling back to the status quo, they can always remove it. (bring back confrontation btw)