Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Grosstractor and T-34-85M. Yes or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Playing the new British medium line is sapping my will to live. I will unlock the Firefly and say gently caress it.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Is BIA still a viable crew skill option?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I know why I like playing on the Eu server more than US. Just has a tier 7 game with 28 tier 7s in it.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

icantfindaname posted:

So is it just me or does the Tiger 1 literally get ammoracked every single shot it takes? I think I've gotten ammoracked like 6 times in 3 games. I loving quit

Going to have to say it's just you.

You need to be hanging back in the Tiger, use your accuracy and DPS to kill stuff who are busy with your team mates, then go in when everything is damaged and use your big HP pool to clean up.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I just had a Batchat pull up in front of me and I remained unspotted until I fired on him, from like 50m MAX.

I was in an FV215b (183)....

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So I rebought the KV-1S to do some of the heavy missions.

This was the first drive out in it.

Victory!
Battle: Ensk
Vehicle: KV-1S
Experience received: 5,078 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 59,560
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Steel Wall, Reaper, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Pool's Medal, Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Repairs: -3 862
Ammunition: -28 252
Total: 27 446 WN8: 12 339

Congratulations!
For successful completion of personal missions you receive the following rewards:
Credits added: 35,000
Added: Large Repair Kit (x1), Large First Aid Kit (x1), Automatic Fire Extinguisher (x1)

Got the kill on the last SPG with a ram for my mission completion :haw:

Burt fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Feb 3, 2015

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Prav posted:

As a GWE owner I eagerly look forward to not one-shotting tanks because ahahahaha that poo poo ain't even gonna land in the right grid square is it?

I do like the word "mortar" though. It implies good things about the arc.

I mistakenly loaded all AP in my 261 and was nailing fools full square every shot. I then realised my mistake, loaded gold HE and for the next 3 games couldn't hit anything unless I was shotgunning. :shrug:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Illegal Carrot posted:

:agreed: Effortpost incoming.
Abloo bloo bloo

Or you could just except that it's a lovely mechanic you personally don't like but then recognise it's a lovely mechanic in a game you still play. Yes there are times when you get shat on and curse the sky cancer, and then there's the other times you are about to be face raped by someone when BOOM they disappear in a fine mist and all is well with the world. My only gripe would be maybe hard cap at 3 per side.

I won't say it's perfect or enhances game-play, and if they removed it altogether I wouldn't be unhappy, but it's pretty livable as it is.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Wait. The 4502B is getting removed???

Where did that come from and what's replacing it?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

PirateBob posted:

Hahahahaha.

One of the best things about playing WOWS on the NA server was getting away from the illiterate shitheads who play from a dumpster in Moldova.

BR??
BR!!!???
Olá BR!!!!
BR!!??
Bom dia BR!!!????

etc etc...

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I have been going bat poo poo insane today trying to get my MT "kill 2 mediums" mission and LT "spot an SPG". Every game I take the MT out there are no more than 1 medium on the other team and when I take the LT out, you guessed it, no arty.

I did get HT15, combined damage and bounces of over 10k in an IS-7. :smug:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Is that last patch really almost 2.5 gig??

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

WayAbvPar posted:

Anyone having any issues starting new personal missions? Finished one and now it tells me I have the max # of missions started (when I should have one per vehicle type). I suspect a new mod that is supposed to start available missions automatically, but I haven't been able to find the file that controls it yet so I can edit/disable it to see.

Yes there is a mod, I installed it in OMC, it's called Quest Extended 1.07, and yes, for some reason if you complete a mission it will default back to picking an improve mission rather than the next in line.

I know this as I completed the requirements for TD15 and never got credited for it as it had picked TD6 for me after completing TD14.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

srb posted:

Maybe they shouldn't have added the 0.28 StuG aimtime snapshot Jesus it was when it was released.

I stopped played this tank for ages as I simply didn't find it fun, but I brought it out, along with the 183 b, for the missions and oh my word, it's one of the greatest troll tanks going if you give no fucks about doing anything other than clipping things.

The 183 b insta-blapping stuff also never gets old , people seriously get OUTRAGED when they get one shot or clipped.

Special mention also needs to go to the 216 and the CGC, coupled with the side view arty mod for also causing mass rage. I actually managed to put a AP shell through a window twice with the 216, into the front of a Centurion. The guy nearly had a meltdown. Also capping stuff. "NO CAP KILL ALL". Yeah, no, sunshine, I need my cap fast mission.

Missions are the best trolls and have made this game so much more fun for me.*

*Does not include retarded Light and Medium missions.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

:staredog: Nice one dude...

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Never use free xp to unlock tanks, use it to unlock modules on new tanks so you never have to play a stock tank. The number of stock tanks that are not poo poo is low. This is very true for the ISU-152 as without the top gun BL-10 you are either throwing gold all the time in the 152mm gun or throwing gold all the tim in the 122mm guns that are good at teir 6 but are very bad when you face teir 10's.

The T20 is one of the better teir 7 mediums but teir 7 heavys, lights and TD's are much better than the mediums. The long 88 is ok at teir 8 if you a ready to feed it gold when needed so the grind isn't as bad as others and the tank itself is one of the better 8's

Take no notice of this idiot. Use free exp to get out of any tank that is not fun to play. gently caress, do doubles in platoons and never play any of the poo poo tanks at all ever.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

VKb is hilariously broken. I watched Soulfucker take almost 9k bounced damage in his yesterday. A platoon of 2, with me following in an E75 was like some sort of retarded ball of death rolling round the field.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

WayAbvPar posted:

Client forced an update this morning, and now when I launch it just CTDs before I even get to the login page. I am probably not as upset about this as I would be if I wasn't so sick of the game, but I at least want to get logged in for my free poo poo. Anyone else having trouble?

It's sound mods. I did an upgrade of my OMC with no sound mods and it works fine now, before it was wonky as all hell, wouldn't even open up the game after I pressed play.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Refried Noodle posted:

Yeah, I can totally relate to this clan chat.

On EU we have a comparable schism between the true goons in glorious 2PAC and Princess Sexton et al in the brotherhood of GOKU.

Except we have more seal noises.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I have no idea how WGNA even walk and breath at the same time. EU gets pretty much 200K players at peak time and NA gets what, 30K? How the gently caress can they be overwhelmed with tickets compared to the Mongol hordes on EU?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Zephyrine posted:

Of course not. I was just curious. I didn't even know EU players could play on the US server. But even if it was possible then I doubt that the latency would make it very enjoyable.

And 2PAC TS is peculiar to say the least.

I played on US servers for years, 120 ping normally but this is pretty much unnoticeable, don't let anyone try and tell you different, people bitching about 100+ ping being the cause of them being bad have other issues.

I only switched to EU as you find very few US players during your main play times, it becomes busier around 1am normally.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Operation Avalanche
Salerno Landings.

I used to drink in a pub many years ago where an old guy used to drink who had been in the first British wave to land on Salerno [Anzio?] beach.

He said it was brutal, bitter fighting for the whole day, but he said he made up his mind that night after it had calmed down some that that day just about covered all the fighting he reckoned he was supposed to do for the whole war and never fired his gun in anger again :haw:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Avocados posted:

American mediums have been a blast. Been rocking tanks left and right, shrugging off a few would-be fatal hits.

But then I unlock the M3-Lee :pwn:

How in the hell was that ever deployed in WW2

The Russians called it "The grave for seven brothers"

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OHAvMgQHcc

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Hellsau posted:

Actually since we're on the subject of chat and trolling, here's a good one from yesterday. Some Skorp G intentionally TKed me because me and Exia won the game for our team. We went hill on Malinovka, won it, were pushing through and then the Skorp G and the rest of our idiots who camped base finally pressed W and shot their two base defenders so the Skorp G could get a shot on me. Replay for the game:

Anyone want to keep this poo poo train going? You can pretend to be my dad and message this guy asking why he's bullying your son, Chillsau, and that you make 30 million dollars of year so spending $50000 isn't that big a deal.I really wish that fantasy website that tells you how much money/gold you've spent actually existed :(

Does anyone else attract internet crazies like this? I got THREE people to message me after that battle.

I loving don't...

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Has anyone got a link to a region changer mod that actually works with this patch?

Like you have "installed it and are using it works", rather than "I think this one is OK" as I have managed to lock myself out of all WoT games using broken ones :downs:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Turmoilx posted:

some trade in bullshit going on right now seems cool now im a bit more thankful for this lovely tier 7 i got from wg stream ill check out how it works later i want a skorp g that'd be cool i think it only works with tech tree prems though

:stare: Lay off the pipe dude.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Hellsau posted:

Wrong, I even read Atomizer's posts most of the time.

I have Atomizer on ignore simply because I hate the way he fields those long assed multiple quotes. It's not even that he doesn't post well, he says some good stuff, it's just that the layout does something to my monkey brain that makes me want to bite lumps out of my desk. :confused:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Still patching EU which is annoying as I want to log in, look at my new tanks then log off again and go do something more fun.

Like World of Warplanes!!! :downsgun:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Turmoilx posted:

is planes actually fun? also i seen new eve has first person mode or something really cool looking?

Warplanes is OK. It's very shallow but really fun and very good for a bit of chill out time. It's very simple but I like it now and trust me I wanted to like the old version but I hated it with a passion.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

World of Warplanes thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838176

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I seriously don't know what to say.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/fire-in-the-disco/

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

What the hell is Grand battle Royale, and more to the point, why am I downloading it when I haven't played tanks for literally years?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

McGavin posted:

Did you "forget the location of that big red Battle button"? Because that appears to be a problem people are actually having.

Well I have the game installed as I use the WG gaming center so it's always there, it's just I got a thing about a new game mode so I thought I would give it a try. Please tell me I don't now have 2 copies of the game. :(

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

OK this Grand Battle Royal on the sandbox is just mental. It's 24 v 1, fight to the death and I'm not sure WTF is going on. There's no spotting until you are on each other, no chat, no arty, you loot other dead tanks for ammo and consumables and there's 3000 deranged Russians howling about. I have only got light tanks so far and I have no idea how I get more.

Bit bonkers really.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Stanley Pain posted:

I've played this game for like 7+ years and still play and enjoy it. I also play and enjoy World of Warships.

Botes is a game for Gentlemen. Tanks, not so much.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I was going to download the new patch and try it but for some reason the updater is doing a 2Gb patch at 3kbs. See you middle of October.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I jumped back into this game last night after being away for quite a few years. Now I admit to being a bit out of it on painkillers after getting a wisdom tooth pulled but holy gently caress is the garage a bit overwhelming now, there's like 20 bazillion clickies to click on.

I will return when not so hosed up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Started playing again and realising it's a whole new game. I got a bit sad TBH.

Then I saw a little tier 5 French SPG and the world is again sunshine and rainbows. Thank you luffawuffa.