Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Thank you holiday players for being worse than I am and allowing me to shoot you so I can finally master these two guys:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/high-explosive-damage-explanation/

Cones, man. Cones.

And here's a t29

Doesn't take much to go through the top.

unbuttonedclone fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 26, 2014

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Is the Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H just bad or am I just bad.

One weird tip to make it die less. I'm always at the bottom third of the pile when I play it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Is it fully upgraded?

It's a generic medium with no particular strong point, like the M4. Stay away from the frontlines where an IS can come and bloop you for 400 damage.

Yeah-except the top gun is a turd that I've never penned anything with so I use the longer one.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Hellsau posted:

I love the game. I would very much enjoy a single player World of Tanks.

I hate the pubbies. They ruin everything.

Iron Warriors: T-72 Tank Command is still 74 cents on steam.

It's more simulator but still pretty neat.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Showing your range is the only one I can stand, which might be the minimap mod.

All these turn your reticle into some star trek space age laser poo poo is just annoying. I guess it could be useful if you're a pro clan gamer but gently caress all that noise, made it harder to hit poo poo.

Why am I the top damage dealer in my T29 in so many Tier 9 games. Goddamn POINT AND SHOOT AT poo poo WITH YOUR BIG GUNS.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Smashed roomba with my big butt.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Valle posted:

That's an E-25. Rhoomba doesn't move that quickly!

PS: Try this for them moving pictures: http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

Oh, fine. I smashed an E 25 which I hate with my butt. Thanks, I keep trying to record them with fraps and go to premiere and other convoluted crap.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

I really cannot imagine how much better I could have played if I only just listened to him...

Also, I cannot carry in the 3601 hard enough. Don't get me wrong it is a great little tank, but oh boy I cannot win.

Yep, even shooting gold 100% I'm at 42% out of 112 battles. Thankfully I just got enough XP for the Tiger, unfortunately I can't afford it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Sphrin posted:

After watching some of the replays of the alpha on youtube I'm getting really hyped for World of Warships, I know I shouldn't after Warplanes but it just looks like it actually works and I can't wait to get my hands on it to try it out.

Between Warships and Armored Warfare I'm really excited to see where this genre of games is going.

Have you checked out Fractured Space? I'm about this . . close to buying it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310380/

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

I've made enough to buy my Tiger I but I gotta buy a T21 or something instead to do the light missions, boohoo.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Is there a tanks IRC so I can get some platoon missions done?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

OSad posted:

You never appreciate how hard it is to set someone on fire, until you get a mission to do it.

I've been trying all day and I just got a game where I finished off where I thought a T29's fuel tanks were. Didn't think anything of it, but when I check the after battle report, I *did* destroy his fuel tanks.

But it was the last shot he had the HP for, and so the fire didn't get a chance to tick, so the mission didn't goddamn count. gently caress.

Shoot the back sides of a KV5, catches on fire every time (at least when I shoot it with my Rhym).

I'm having an impossible time killing a light tank with my t69 :/

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Got Chaffee last night, it doesn't stop that well. Finally got this mission by hanging out and not moving though.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
WG now has half the assets to remake BF1942. That's about all I want.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
1000 tickets is not enough, sometimes that poo poo is capped too fast.

And tanks is 10x worse than normal this weekend.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
And people tell me not to use the 15cm (finished one mission ffs)

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

TheFluff posted:

massive nerd cred to whoever recognizes this vehicle
(yes, the gun is a dummy)

Is it a bridge laying machine?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

DurosKlav posted:

I apologize if this is a completely stupid question, but I havent played in any meaningful way since MS-W died. I loaded up WOT to use up some of my gold from the clan wars back in the day for premium in Warships and I have 5 tier 10 tanks with flame icons in my garage, where the gently caress did these come from?

They're for the second round of domination. The first one was CTF, this one is DM. Don't get excited, you have to pay tier X repair costs and don't get much experience or gold.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
No, don't tell me the T49 is not that great. I'm almost to the Bulldog and the T37 is fuckin' fun as hell-especially when you play clean up duty and get top gun.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
My fave tank is 150 mm Rhym HEAT gimmick tank, so I think I'll like the T49.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
It sounds like they're alike in that they're both RNG slot machines that might wreck something or might just waste a shot and die.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Finally got 2000 (2500 actually) in the M41 HMC thanks to a trio of T29s. gently caress that took forever and now I have to do it again.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I picked this back up after about a year of not playing. Did the E1 used to be good? Or did I just think it was? It seems like a turd now, or maybe I just haven't picked it up yet again, or maybe I'm just bad?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
My 12,001st battle :shepicide: ... which I completed soon after getting a pop up congratulating my on 6,000 wins. Me and a Panther 8.8 murdered everyone after most of our team died.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

CompeAnansi posted:

Me too. I hate this game enough on its best days that I can't be bothered to play tanks I don't want to play in order to complete missions or whatever.

Me three, I only play about six or seven tanks in all, and I recently sold my T54E1 to get an E2, 'cause Tier 9/10 matches are just a drag. I just play the Chaffee, Bulldog, M41 HMC, M4A3E2 (to slowly get to the Pershing eventually, I guess), T29, Tiger I, and the highest I'll go is the Rhym-Borsig because it's my favorite vehicle. Then I have the SU-100Y which I reluctantly play 'cause it's there and a few credits help when it's not in a terrible position. This game is enjoyable if I just "play tanks" and not think about grinding to the next thing.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I like playing arty, I only have one at the moment, but hitting a running chafee, that's invisible after being leaving spotting range, is something I still think about. It's also fun to load HEAT in my M41 HMC and hit Tier 8s for 700 dmg. I think it's okay since you miss probably 70 percent of shots, or just do a track. I still need to get the Bombardier badge also. Almost had it yesterday but some gently caress shot the 12 hp big Japan tank.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Spotting is good, I think it pushed this match into an M instead of 1 because sometimes you have to scout in a Borsig: http://wotreplays.com/site/2987271#malinovka-falafal-rhm_-borsig_waffentr_ger

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Speaking of TDs, why is the ticker only half way up the maximum on my Rhym? I got a 5+ skill crew and every one has camo + brothers in arms. Is the max with the camo net on? (I do not have the 4% from painted camo.)

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Because if you had 100% camo, you would literally never be able to be spotted outside 50 meters proxy spotting, even without bushes.

I mean, why is the mark only halfway up the theoretical max for concealment? Isn't that what the solid line means? It's only halfway.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I was thinking about buying premium again, but since I don't care about grinding, and the rental tanks each weekend give plenty of credits, plus all the boosts we get for free, I don't see the point. Good strategy Wargaming.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I had a few invisible Borsig shells yesterday at like 200m. But when I am for a tiny pixel sticking out at 350m, bang hit it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Sorry some of you aren't having fun, I've been having a blast driving around in the rental Type-64, it seems comparable to the Bulldog for the most part even though my crew is weak.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Speaking of Aces, is there a similar list for marks of excellence? I only have two on one tank (the M41 HMC, lol), I'm curious how much more I need to get another on like my Borsig.

New Paris map is cool, it's like a city map, but more open, had a great first game on it.

All that was left was some high tier arty and myself (Borsig). We cornered each other by his flag, not wanting to get shotgunned, I forced his move by starting to cap (he couldn't come around the corner fast enough to shoot me.) I was in front of a big rear end building block and I figured once I started capping he'd go to the opposite side and try to be sneaky. Sure enough he comes around the opposite corner and tries to snap one off quick. It goes way wide, so I blow him up with about 4 seconds left on the cap timer.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I tried some snap shots right now with the 15cm pak l/29.5... still hits the dirt most of the time whether aimed or not.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I oftentimes leave the game open all day long and jump in off and on throughout the day. Yesterday it corrupted my task bar into all kinds of pretty colors, which I assume is a slight memory leak of some sort.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Why do fuel tanks even matter?

Some guy turned his tank over and messaged me over the match (we were the only two left, missed an ace and top gun in my M41 HMC 'cause he crashed) and said he ran out of fuel. Which I didn't think was possible? Or was that in some update that I missed?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
makes sense, right. I think we won that one, but goddamn MM.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Looks like Steam was just a beta for this weekend that ended at 9 PST. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Finally upgraded to the M44, goddamn I can shoot HEAT all day and still make money.