Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

That should still be the case. They want to add a new set of tanks and missions every six months or so (wargaming time) and they never expire.

We'll see how it ends up but there hasn't been an EOL date set or anything.

That's good to hear. My schedule only allows me to play for a few hours a night, so sadly doing these missions will take me a long time :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

If I have teammates above 50% winrate, maybe I'll consider helping them win.

You ask for too much.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

I'm not talking about the whole team. I just one one teammate above 50% winrate.

I know :smug:

Anyone got the T28 Concept yet? It looks like a fun little thing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Due to my lack of patience I blew some gold to free XP all of the poo poo on the Tiger. Boy is this a strange tank. It has paper armor, is a giant and has a fantastic gun that just straight up DPM's the every loving poo poo out of what ever is at the end of the barrel. I've won a good portion of the games I've played in it mainly because it is fan-loving-tastic at carrying. I was not planning on keep this, but if it keeps up this murder spree I think it is going to be a ringer.

Axetrain posted:

On sand river enemy team decided to just drive up the middle. It predictably didn't work but it at least made things interesting.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1547122#steppes-axetrain-is-6

:homebrew:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 20, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

+1/-1 matchmaking solves all these problems and makes the game more fun for everyone.

I think +1/-1 would work great on super populated servers like the Russian, but I have this burning feeling that doing this will lead to higher que times for battles on the American servers. The average tier on the American server is 5.22 (wotlabs.net). That is also combining both of the American servers.

But, I am no mathematician and certainly not a developer that knows the statistics with 100% confidence. Would this make battles more fun? Probably, but it will be at the cost time waiting for fights and fullness of games if MM wants to be lazy and do half full games for the lower populated tiers (I am sure most of us have seen this happen at least once before).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I sold my T92 and bought an un-upgraded M53/55. I know I am using the stock gun, but my oh my I cannot hit anything in this tank. I know the top gun is made of cocaine and sex but this is going to be a rough grind.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Missing Name posted:

God loving dammit. Any hints on how to set someone on fire deliberately? It seems now that I'm actively trying for that mission, my fires have gone down to 0.

This should help a little.
http://worldof-tanks.com/hit-zones-of-fuel-tanks/

I never installed it or used it, so use at your own risk.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

I got Ace Tanker in my M41 Bulldog in a 4k damage defeat:

:smithicide:

Stop trying to win games by yourself you selfish whore.

Edited for accuracy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I've 'called' the removal of pref-MM tanks for a while now. :colbert:

Glad I got the FCM when I did. Mainly because it is a monster, but also they might be removing it.

Sadly though I'm at a point where I don't want to play it, I have an eight game win streak in it and I don't want to ruin it :frogc00l:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WitchFetish posted:

I'm actually starting to wonder if WG actually even knows what it's doing with the game.

Only now you are thinking this?

What are our players going to go to a different tank game? gently caress em till they love us.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 22, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Saint Celestine posted:

The waffle was loving hilarious to play though when it first came out. Just a goddamn laser cannon that would annihilate all before it.

It still can, but people know they NEED to kill it as soon as it pops up.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Strobe posted:

I was.

Read stupid!

Where do you think you are?

Edit:

v Sometimes you just cannot carry hard enough.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 22, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Strobe posted:

While on the subject: What's the point of getting the upgraded suspension on this thing? I can mount all the other modules with the stock one, and it doesn't give any extra traverse. Does it help with the bloom or something? I've had a beautiful run of snapshots on this thing that make me feel like whatever benefit they could give would be pretty negligible.

It helps with traverse, I think they also have hidden stats like terrain resistance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CitizenKain posted:

I think fog of war would be interesting in game, I'd also be ok with not seeing player names in the list until a certain time.

Knowing what I am up against definitely alters the way I play on maps. It would certainly change the dynamic of battles...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So it's been awhile since I've play the 13 90. So I decided to blow a gently caress load of credits, this was the result:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1568391#mines-mesadoram-amx_13_90

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
For the recent chat in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

I discovered the secret to raising my stats after grinding the gun on the M53/55.
Don't ever play arty.

Also, the VK 7201 is actually really fun. If the E100 is a "better" version of this, I will be the happiest little tanker.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

Is the AMX 13 90 actually good outside tier 8 strongholds?
So far it seems aggressively mediocre compared to the AMX 50 100, where the 1390 have less pen, worse MM, but better camo.
It is not helped by being matched with medium tanks that can do the same role.
Or maybe I am just bitter about my current 25% win rate in it after 20 games or so.

You highly underestimate what a tiny tank with a giant painful gun can do. I just uploaded a replay recently:

Mesadoram posted:

So it's been awhile since I've play the 13 90. So I decided to blow a gently caress load of credits, this was the result:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1568391#mines-mesadoram-amx_13_90

I load only gold and use coffee because I am a try hard. You can easily play it with out gold, but you need to be much more careful where you shoot. It is a deadly tank when left alone, it's tiny size and speed allows it to be a real pain in the dick.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gervasius posted:

Also, AMX CDC is loving amazing.

Like FCM amazing?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gervasius posted:

Also, it has no preferential MM so there's that.

:colbert: No sale.

But it does sound like it could be a blast being as fast as it is.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TL:DR:

Play like a grimy piece of poo poo and you will be a force to be reckoned with.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

mmkay posted:

So apparently the Top of the tree specials are back (at least in EU). With the first one being Leopard. The Object 263 is never going to get its special, is it :(

If they do the E100 I will be so happy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CitizenKain posted:

Hey guys I found a tank, I've got some more photos but phone posting.

Step 1: Get a flatbed tractor trailer
Step 2: ?
Step 3: You have a tank

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Super test stats for the new T9 French medium. Looks like a sex machine.

Characteristics (for 100 percent crew):
AMX-30 Prototype
Hitpoints: 1650
Engine: 720 hp
Weight: 32,5 tons
Power-to-weight: 22,15 hp/t
Maximum speed: 65/23 km/h
Hull traverse: 36 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,863/0,959/1,726
Turret traverse: 45,9 deg/s
Viewrange: 390
Radio range: 782,1

Hull armor: 80/30/?
Turret armor: 80/40/?

Elite gun: 105mm
Damage: 390
Penetration: 260
ROF: 6,586
DPM: 2568,7
Reload: 9,11
Accuracy: 0,316
Aimtime: 2,21s
Depression: -8/+20

Edit: Also I keep getting worse at this game, I do not know why. Platoons, solo it just does not matter I cannot win. I feel like I should take a break or something: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Mesadoram/1000107943/

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 4, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Abisteen posted:

Wait wait. I just came back to the game and I have a 13 90 that is about halfway to the Lorraine. Does that mean I may not have to play that shitbox by the time I get to it?

If you play it like a T9 50 100 and not a 13 90 you will do fine in it.

With that being said, I loving hated it when it was tier 8 and as tier 9. I also hated the 50 100, so take that as you will.

Animal posted:

Wait, they are removing the Leopard 1? Why?

New French T10 medium is going to be amazing (probably maybe possibly so).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Give up and be a shitter.

I think getting obsessed with my stats is causing me to have an unrealistic expectation on how every game should go. Being in a super competitive clan is also not helping the paranoia with my stats...

#firstworldunicumproblems

Edit:

Since I don't want to directly post from themanwhoshallnotbenamed, here is the AMX-30B preliminary stats. :siren:Most of the stats are place holders:siren::

Characteristics (for 100 percent crew):
AMX-30B
Hitpoints: 1900
Engine: 720 hp
Weight: 36 tons
Power-to-weight: 20 hp/t
Maximum speed: 65/23 km/h
Hull traverse: 48 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,959/1,151/2,014
Turret traverse: 39,6 deg/s
Viewrange: 400
Radio range: 782,1

Hull armor: 80/35/?
Turret armor: 80/40/?

Elite gun: 105mm
Damage: 390
Penetration: 260
ROF: 6,134
DPM: 2392,4
Reload: 9,781
Accuracy: 0,326
Aimtime: 2,3s
Depression: -8

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 4, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Animal posted:

:eyepop: it must have some big flaw somewhere

No armor? I guess that's a flaw...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Isn't it supposed to have an autobouncing turret, unlike the leopard?

Either way, I am so going to buy the poo poo out of that tank. The T9 and T10 look like really brutal tanks that have 0 armor. Just need to grind the XP in the 13 90 which as of late has been difficult due to pubbie retardation. 130k XP sound about right?

quote:

- accuracy buffed from 0,326 to 0,288
- Aimtime: 2,01s

:shepspends:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 5, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cippalippus posted:

Anime is for children

How are 80mm able to bounce, like, anything? And it has 8 degrees of depression, less than the STB and Leopard. I don't know man, it doesn't look that good.

B b b but it's French!

:france:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

I just remembered how big the cupola is on the AMX 30.

Yeah that 80 mm @ 73° roof won't do one bit of good. Just look at that loving thing. You'd think it was american.

And the mantlet will probably bounce most (but not all) things, but the cheeks sure won't.

I think that if try to rely on the fact that this tank might bounce, you are playing it wrong. I am excited to try it, but the digger we deep into it I am having some concerns.

Fake Edit: I know, but that's the way I typed it so I am sticking to my guns :colbert:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Un-needed 13 90 report:

Still a blast, teams are loving terrible but after playing a few games in this tank I remembered why it is so fantastic. In one clip I killed 3 T9 arty (2 M53/55 and 1 Batchat hunk of poo poo arty). I don't know if pubbies forgot how much damage this thing can vomit out, but I had a M103 rush me out in the open. I perma tracked him after he missed me and a T30 on my team was kindly enough to give me a hand.

Did they mention how/which crew members the AMX-30b is going to have? Might save my lady crew for it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

9.6 acc changes got a post in russian.

I might be fully retards, but it looks like that is a general improvement with a little nerf.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vorkosigan posted:

I'm fine with that accuracy change, actually. Looks like a lot less lucky pubbie snapshots, but still works for people who take the time to aim.

:chord:

This actually kinda looks like a buff for arty.

Prav posted:

The biggest thing is that it's a major reduction in dead-on shots (~16% -> ~10%).

Also looks like a reduction for shots launching off into space. Which is always nice.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vorkosigan posted:

:heysexy:

But yeah, I still stop to aim shots a lot of time (Which make Ryan yell at me when he's spectating) since I'm still used to pre8.6 dispersion.

I avoid getting yelled at by doing amazing in practices then doing nothing in actual CW (except for that one time against villain when me and star fish soloed that full HP E100 in our one shotable 140s).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I can smell the Mountain Dew™ and Doritos ™ from here.

That beard is :krad: though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Southern Dandy posted:

M'trilby!

Frequently found in the friend zone, this notable neckbeard is a champ WoT player!

I would Photoshop a fedora, but sadly I have actual work to do today at work :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Southern Dandy posted:

Quit quoting work to me, don't you know that's my trigger!

You're not my real dad :colbert:.

Overwined posted:

I agree. It seems to put LESS shots at BOTH extremes, basically making it a little closer to a homogeneous distribution. I think this will benefit skilled players by reducing the holy poo poo lucky unaimed shots hitting a bullseye weakspot. It will also allow for some tanks to regain the strength of their armor formerly nullified by any stupid pubbie's ability to hit tiny weakspots.

I think this change is definitely for the better. I am sure the pubbie :snoop:360noscopeyourmothersucksdicklawl:snoop: shots will still happen, just not as much.

Which I am ok with. I usually never take snap shots, so this change is probably not going to affect me too much.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
http://civil.wotmanager.com/

THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

demonR6 posted:

What the gently caress is this bullshit? I wanted to think it was a joke but..

Well some people at WG are smart enough to see that the community is really looking forward to this and they are throwing in some incentive:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

xthetenth posted:

Hypnotik is a chill dude. I miss hanging out with him.

He's also why Detroit was Ruinberg on Fire.

Ya he is, when I didn't get my press account for the invitational he personally took care of it and got it solved in like 30 minutes. He seems to do a great job at what he does. Hope WG sees this as a great opportunity to do more fun little events on the CW map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Agreed, anyone want to post a quick summery of what all these clan wars goings ons are all about?

DonkeyHotay posted:

I don't know what that is but I got so burned out after the wz111 grind I haven't really played and certainly haven't paid attention to cw's since december.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/420065-cw-civil-war-registration-closed-team-selection-9pm-sunday-on-selas-twitch/

Basically, most of the top clans wanted to do something fun and interesting. So they started a "Civil War". Otter and G decided they did not want to lead at all, so two clans were voted as the captains of the North and South. They also held a draft so the war would not be super one sided.

This is the result of the draft:

Skill wise it is pretty drat even:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 9, 2015