Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Colonial Air Force posted:

Wasn't there some pastebin (I think from Hellsau?) that listed all the premium tanks and which were and were not worth buying?

That should be in the OP.

http://pastebin.com/x6pjZhDj

It's really helpful for scrubs like me, and I agree it should be in the op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So if you like seal clubbing....there is no better time. Gift tank is out tier 2 German thing. With no pen. So far good fun in the 127, FCM, and Tetrarch.

Time to dust off the 38H(f).

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

It's also included in the premium shop sale that's on right now, so you can get it for like $22.

I love my church 3 because it makes poo poo loads of cash and can easily pen anything it sees. Will the E-25 be similar?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Well I just bought the E-25, maybe I should take it out for my first joy ride and see wh...

:stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

MariusLecter posted:

Don't know what happened with OMC install, I don't want it to change.

It looks like you finally had enough of tanks and shot yourself.

A good mod.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Hellsau posted:

I added malicious code. If you watch these replays you'll get a sound mod with me constantly berating you when you play poorly.

So you wrote a sound mod that repeats you saying "Why would you do that? Do not do that!" Every 3 seconds?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

WayAbvPar posted:

Played a match on Fjords from the north in my IS-2. Pushed around the corner and wiped out what was left of the south team's heavies, and was heading through the town by the water to mop up when I was shot by a Dicker Max from arty island. I laughed in chat at the camping shitlord who didn't fire a shot until the game was decided, and apparently I touched a nerve, since I got the following tear-stained missive via the official forums-

:allears:

That dude spent like an hour working on that.

Reply back "lmao whatever shitlord"

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

mikemelbrooks posted:

I used this as my sixth sense warning

rig it so it lasts 15 minutes after you've been spotted

EDIT:

Ensign Expendable posted:

If you've ever played tournaments with Hellsau, you'd know that a more realistic rendition would be "Shoot the IS-! Shoot the IS-3!"

Edit: bought myself an Archer, let's see how this dumb gimmick works out.

Shoot the IS, Shoot the IS, shoot the IS! *everyone dies* You should have been shooting the IS-3, why did you not shoot the IS-3?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Thanking France for stepping in to save us and for granting our independence is an an amazing troll on Memorial Day / 4th of July.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Captain Blaargh posted:

The next couple rounds of the Stand To are up. I made teams if anyone wants to do it.

Tier 7 on the 28th at 7:30PM EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113250-Flowers_for_Hellsau/

Tier 8 on the 29th at 7:30 EST:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/113251-The_Firey_Fabulous_Ones/

Password for both is the same as the goon chanel.

The problem is they only reward the top 20% of teams or whatever. The majority of people here (myself included) are too big of shitters to come close to winning anything.

Also the top reward is like $0.75.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Burt posted:

Is BIA still a viable crew skill option?

It's better than camo on a heavy or firefighting, but it should be your third or fourth crew skill.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Computer viking posted:

It seems nice enough on arty, though - my FV304 crew has BIA to push the reload time as low as possible.

I can see BIA being a higher pick on arty, simply because you're almost always hosed if camo or repair come into play.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Alpine Mustache posted:

how are you guys getting 5x XP for your wins today?

Aren't you using warpack too?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

These missions are going to make you all frustrated as hell if you actively try to do them. I'm just going to activate them all and let them slowly tick away as I play normally.

I won't see the tanks anytime soon and I may never finish, but god drat this game does not need yet another source of frustration.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Agrajag posted:

I thought you have to activate each mission individually. Can you really do them all at once?

There were 5 chains available this morning - I was able to activate the first mission in each chain, but wasn't able to activate the later missions. Of course there's a decent chance that even this was a glitch and you're only supposed to have one chain active at a time.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Mesadoram posted:

It's for Clan Wars. She is usually right behind me, judging me.

She's not judging you, she's making a mental list of traits she's looking for in her next boyfriend.

An example trait would be "Doesn't play internet tanks".

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Yeah -if she doesn't call it internet tanks like my wife used to also call eve internet spaceships guess what?

Someone is definitely on track to being single. :v: No worries meso, plenty of fish nazis in the sea/on SEA.

Gaming negotiations with SOs who don't like em or don't play what you do need to be well agreed upon or you are not going to be having fun,for sure.

Or you could be adults and recognize that both partners need some relaxation time to use as they please.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The game is 1000% less frustrating if you turn off win percentage/wn8 and turn off chat when you're not trolling. Playing tanks as a single player game with an interesting but really goofy AI solves a whole lot of frustration problems.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

notwithoutmyanus posted:

gently caress no. :getout:.

This is called being wildly retarded/gassing yourself with xyklon b, not a guideline to having fun. I'm not referring to chat being off, specifically about not using xvm.

Also, AI is a hell of a lot smarter than the average pubbie just based on consistency. Even a bot at 41% isn't necessarily going to shoot it's teammates.

The thing that always pissed me off was shitter platoons. Glancing at the wn8's and individual win rates and realizing that your top 3 heavies are all 41% and in a platoon together was the absolute worst way to start a match. Then of course you'd notice them dying right away, and that flank melting down, and oh god damnit I loving hate this stupid game.

But now, with wn8 off? The match just starts, a flank melts fast, and you die. You end up in the same place, sure, but it's more peaceful. Serene, even.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Stevefin posted:

They maybe still trying to juggle these sub classes of ships around. It will be interesting to see what they do with Germany, Since after the early years of WWII, its navy just seemed to be swimming with U boats...which wont be in the game, and that they never had an aircraft carrier presence

They'll do the same thing they do in World of Tanks - half the poo poo will be somewhere between partially built (we made the turret for it!) and napkin design (von Braun sneezed into this napkin and I think it looks like a Rocket Cruiser!)

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

What should I take as my second skills on my E-25 crew? Right now we have sixth on the commander and camo on everyone else.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Hellsau posted:

Autoaim is garbage unless the stars align just right. Ping too high, ping too low, slow turret, strange terrain, certain tanks like the Cruiser 2 - all of these things can make autoaim worse than useless. It isn't great to miss under twenty meters on stationary targets.

Of course sometimes you just speed around at 400 meters and pen ten in a row and that feels nice.

I use auto aim on my church 3. Machine gunning idiots while driving at top speed owns bones.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I haven't played this game since mid 2015 - should I consider playing it again?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Well I'm continuing my streak of poor life decisions by playing this game again. Shoot an invite for PANSY over to ColorMeTank when you get a chance.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

What mod packs are people using these days? I don't remember any of the names of the ones I used last time, and even if I did they probably don't exist anymore.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I don't think I've ever had a match on Lakeville that didn't start with everyone pinging the valley, then 3/4s of the team charging through it and getting blown up. Lost in <4 min.

Two platooning 46% shitters pinging the valley in Lakeville encounter for the whole 30 second start is as wot as it gets.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Bonus points if they’re lights and are camping spawn in the direction of the valley.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

BadLlama posted:

Just drive into the lake imo.

World of Tanks: Just drive into the lake imo

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Hello to the two people who platooned with my incredibly intoxicated self last night. I don't remember your names but I do remember being too drunk to figure out how to log into discord - your patience was greatly appreciated.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I realized that I'm spending a lot of time aiming. Should I be giving the reticle time to zoom in, or should I just point and click?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

JuffoWup posted:

Hey guys, wargaming here. We decided that the gold ammo changes announced at wgfest back in december were no good. So we'll be running another sandbox server for one week to test out our newest idea. But it is a secret, so we can't tell you yet. However, here is the link to sign up for it. We look forward to the quality of your feedback.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/sandbox-announcement/

The solution to people making GBS threads all over your bad idea for months is to give them less time to poo poo on your next bad idea.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Katamari Democracy posted:

T7 Combat Car is live and on sale tied with 30 days of premium: Here

Gonna take it for a spin and see how well my knowledge of higher tiers play out.

Hell yeah :rock:

How does the T7 compare to the PzIc?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I’ve found that stomping on people with the e25 or church 3 and then using all those credits to only shoot gold on tanks I’m grinding has made this game significantly more enjoyable.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Is there a mod that auto applies directives for you? I never remember to select them on my own.

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 9, 2019

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I got a 20% off coupon and am considering lighting my money on fire and throwing it out the window - are there specific tanks I should consider doing this with? For reference I love my Church 3 and my e25 and I hate my Excelsior.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Mesadoram posted:

Excelsior is fantastic. Sorry you hate it :smith:

I got the 20% off too, not sure what to use it on...

M4 51 is currently keeping my WN8 afloat. Tank is so good. Shame the T10 is supposed to be mediocre.

I think I'm just used to the higher pen of the church 3.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

SpannerX posted:

Does this update include the changes to ammo?

I haven't played the game in a year - did they ever decide on and/or implement changes to ammo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Are they sticking with making 5,000 changes to effectively make gold shells have lower damage without violating EU law?