Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
I just wanted to say gently caress you all and yes I am still chat banned.

Tempted to find out whether I am chat banned in the PS4 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

You know I was in the beta for Warboats but I never actually logged into it.

I am tempted to check but that takes more :effort: than I left (funny how fast :effort: depletes when you 100% work from home for 7 months).

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I only played Arty because for some reason I was REALLY good at smacking the poo poo out of a moving target with my Object 261. I was especially good at hitting scouting Batchat's in Clan Wars (and Mr. Peabody at the end of the fight).

Not sure exactly why I was so good at predicting how much to lead a moving target or knowing where an erratic driver was going to be when it landed and to be honest, I never even tried to analyze it. I just went with what felt right and it rarely let me down. The move away from Obj 261 in Clan Wars is part of what eventually led to me just not playing the game anymore, granted it is a small part compared to my eye committing seppuku 2 times in the space of 3 months.

As for mods, I never used a flight time UI mod because they were always off by just enough to screw up my shots (between .5 and 1 second).

I ended up with a 73.45% win rate for 226 battles with 2284 avg. damage per game, 880 avg. XP, and 1.36 kills per game in my Obj. 261.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I created a PS4 Community for those of us dumb enough to play this game on a console. It is called Goon Tonks.

PM me, Respond here with your PSN name, or send a PSN message to ShankyMcStabber for an invite.

Ensign Expendable, because almost no one looks at the Console thread for this game is there any chance you can add this to the OP?

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

2. Decreased the number of modules on lower tiers to ease the progression mechanic.

Can I have the XP I blew unlocking useless poo poo back as free XP?

They didn't say they decreased the XP required overall, just the number of modules.

I wouldn't be shocked if Wargaming just tagged the XP from the removed modules onto the unlock costs of the next tank.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Atomizer posted:

I actually suggested the PS4 version to my little brother, who hasn't played the PC WoT in 3 years but has been exclusively playing his PS4, and to my surprise he said he was just going to play PC again and pick up where he left off. I didn't think he was interested in playing on PC anymore, but he said it didn't make sense to start grinding from the beginning again when he's got that old account. :shrug: What about you; why not do the same thing and continue with your existing PC account?

To be honest I could go back to playing any one of my various PC accounts that are stocked with tanks, but then I would go back to trolling non-stop and talking poo poo and end up with all my accounts chat-banned (I have no self restraint when it comes to that). On the console there is no text chat which removes that temptation (and even better, I never have to hear the insane drivel that gets spewn by the lead swallowing mongoloids that play on PC). Plus my brother and a couple of friends of mine don't have PCs good enough to really play tanks without horrible frame-rate lag, but they do have a working PS4.

Honestly I was never turned off by "the grind" in tanks and with the PS4 version having a much faster XP rate, it is literally a non-issue for me. Throw in that I also have a XIM, so I am able to still play with Mouse + Keyboard instead of a lovely controller and it just seems I can't get any motivation to even install the game on my computer but I have been playing it on my console pretty often.

I am not sure what the maps look like on PC now (I haven't played in a year) but the maps on the console seem to be a bit different that I remember. Mainly it is a lot of additional uneven terrain providing cover in areas that used to be slaughter zones, but it seems to change the flow of the maps.

The hilarious part is with the game so new on the PS4 almost none of the players have learned what parts of the maps allow you to easily control the flow of battle while at the same time there seems to be less camping. I was on a Campinovka map that only had 2 whole tanks camping base while the rest were brawling in the small northern town (the only people who went hill from either team was my platoon, and we used that advantage to ruthlessly cull the herd). I haven't even seen more than 1 or 2 heavies try to climb the hill while fighting on The Dorf.

It's been some fun seal clubbing while going working my way back up the tank tiers. And yes, I even made a PS4 version of Stug Lyfe to see if I could stir up some drama from others who crossed over from PC to PS4 (and there seems to be more than a few).

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Funny thing about the Pz 2 J, on the PS4 they gave everybody one for free if you had PS+.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

That site is missing some data.

It does not show me on the 100 or 150 battles top Winrate for the Object 261 even though I am sitting at 73.45% over 226 battles. It also claims I have only had 61 battles in my Object 261 instead of the before mentioned 226.

ShankyMcStabber fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 12, 2016

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Anyone still doin invites for the ps4 clan? invite me "gvazelite" please.

invite Sent.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Nordick posted:

I don't know what you mean by "recently", people have been screaming "REPORTED!" at the drop of a hat for ages.

People screaming reported is part of what got me my Perma-Chatban.

I admit I might have followed up statements of "reported" with "how about you report my dick in your dad's rear end" and then a few minutes after that "now you can report your mom is licking my cock clean".

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Steelion posted:

I've thought about trying the Xbox or PS4 versions sometime, but then I ask myself why I would want to grind to unlock tanks I already own.

Unrelated: -G- gets really salty when you set them on fire, especially when it's less than half a second after someone else sets them on fire and their auto-extinguisher is used up.

The beauty of the console versions is the increased XP and the fact that the pubbies are totally clueless to the PC Tanks Meta. Like how often I get to be the only person on the Campinovka Hill. Or how I have rarely seen slow heavies going Hill on the Dorf. Most nights it is like shooting ducks in a barrel.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Sioux posted:

I'm afraid to ask because of shaming from the PC MASTER RACE but I play this on Playstation 4. Any goons that do, too that I can hook up with?

There is a PS4 community named Goon Tonks. Just post your PSN name here or send me a PSN message for an invite (PSN: ShankyMcStabber).

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

One nice thing about playing on console, the Mutant 6 is being sold on the 4th.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The Caern has effectively zero turret armor right now on the top turret since its designed like the lovely Cent AX turret. If the stock turret is like the Black Prince's HD model, it too effectively has no armor. I have no idea why they significantly nerfed the Churchill 7 (a very bad tank), the Black Prince (a bad tank apparently enchanted by a winrate faerie) and the Caern (an adequate tank that only me and Primelaw liked) unless they think that makes up for them buffing the gently caress out of the Conq.

I liked the Caern. I managed a 65% mostly-solo win rate in that thing and had way too much fun using that fast firing gun to punish peek-a-boo morons who needed a lesson in being tracked.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Philosopher King posted:

So is the ps4 and xbone version of this game going to die soon? I know it just started but it seems like there are so few people on which is a drat shame. And how does artillery do down the line? I'm enjoying the american and british lines for now. The birch gun seems to be the only fully rotatable turret though. And I'm not looking forward to the reload times on tier 10. Do the explosions get bigger or something?

The other tanks seem to improve in power/speed/rate of fire and things like that but artillery shells just keep getting slower and slower.

I don't see the XBone/PS4 version dying. Most nights there are an average of 150 people in queue + however many are in games and that number has been steadily increasing as people are becoming aware of the game (lovely marketing). The only time I have seen population low is during mid day on the East Coast server during the week. I just play on the EU server during those times for the much higher daytime population.

The faster XP rates on console vs. PC make it much easier to go up the various tank lines (if you aren't a scrublord at least). I only have 1584 battles and have already got as far as 4xTier 8, 6xTier 7, and my FV304.

It gets even more comical when you find out that the Console version balances tanks based on the console players and not the PC players. Apparently console players suck at driving a TD because most of the TD nerfs have never made it console side.

The lack of keyboard chat means hardly anyone knows where to aim at the AT2/8/7/15 British TDs. Muhahahahaha :getin:

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

The Merry Marauder posted:

Oh, indeed. And, of course, console has platoons up to five, so it's "gg, folks" when you get Rammpanzer platoons, even in a Tier VI game. It's like explosive bumper cars.

The 5 man platoons are REALLY comical. If you get a 5 man of good players on the other team you get rolled almost as fast as when you end up with a 5 man platoon of potatoes on your team.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Nothing like having to do a clutch save because your team is bad. Thankfully the guy in the cap was too timid to just rush me when I was first spotted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOpF9okj2ek

And who says the A-43 has a lovely gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4hFmpIMrE4

BTW - Console players can't aim for poo poo with their Controller. My mouse + keyboard on the other hand, do not have that limitation.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Hellsau posted:

drat the UI in PS4 WoT is pretty slick. The T23E3 and T-43 are not good tanks though, jeez.

It is even funnier when you realize that Comet had my number for sure, until he decided he would rather shoot a full health Jackson rather than shoot me 2 more times to finish me off.

Komarin isn't so bad on the console because oddly enough you don't have 4/5 of the team piling onto the island only to be arty raped.

Scorpion Pass is annoying as hell when you have a slow tank, but way too much fun in a Medium or Arty.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Is this real? I want this to be real.

It was real and fun as poo poo.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

I'm actually surprised the ps4 didn't bring back the tracer fire long lost to pc players. Shame wargaming didn't take the hint to that mod exploit to actually close up their client and move to a more external mod system. instead, they just straight up disabled tracer fire.

Actually the tracer fire is enabled on the PS4. You just can't tell because when I upload videos from my PS4 to Youtube the quality gets raped.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Even from hidden enemies? But if so, that is cool. I'm miss that bit of ambiance.

Yup, even hidden enemies. I routinely drop FV304 shells on scrubs who are still shooting at the last place they saw someone.

Tru-fact - Most console players have no concept of being blind fired or subject to blind counter battery. They consistently go to the same place and huddle 2-4 deep in those spots just waiting for someone to drop a round on their head.

CitizenKain posted:

Problem is they keep removing lovely maps without putting anything back in.

Port would be ok if it was a mid tier map, it only really broke with high tier vehicles in it. I had an incredible Sherman game on that map in the days before their HEAT was nerfed and right after you could buy gold shells for credits. I got up on an overpass and dumped shots into dumb people.

Province was hilarious because in a tier 10 game you could spot the enemy spawn in about 5 seconds and all the SPGs were dead in 10s.

Komarin was ruined initially by spgs being too good, then ruined further by TDs being overwhelmingly good.

Hidden Village was just bad since 75% of the map was unused since a single turreted TD could cover the town pretty well unless there was a strong medium rush, and then they'd just run into the heavies camping the valley. If they had moved the spawns closer to the city and let mediums/lights have the valley, I think it would have worked.

South Coast was just poo poo though, oh hey one side gets a hill with SPG cover and bushes, plus they can cover 1/3 of the map, good plan.

Northwest wasn't good and had too much useless space on the map that was too easily fired into.

One thing about the console versions of the map, they have A LOT less brush/foliage cover. There isn't nearly the same amount of ninja-TD shots going on as there is on the PC versions of the map.

Next time I am on the map I will take a screenshot of the infamous "forest" to show you just how sparse it is. Same as with Campinovka and all the other bush heavy maps, they are not nearly as generous with cover.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

So I saw on the net that WG are planning to change Arty AGAIN and adding some lovely stun mechanic. Do you think it will make it easier to rush my Maus up the Lakeville Valley?

BTW - Yes, I am still alive and still Perma-chatbanned. No, my eyes haven't totally self destructed (but they have broken to the point that I get to work from home 100% of the time).

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Hellsau posted:

We should all quit playing World of Tanks.

I already did, though I had a good excuse.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL3bKKjzdsI

this new 30v30 looks sick as hell, you guys are all idiots

Looks sick as hell until half the scrublord fuckwits that call themselves teammates are stuck waiting 5 minutes to respawn because they failtrained right into the enemy guns 2 minutes after the game started.

Hate to admit it, Shanky_McChatbanned might actually get logged in to do some 5 man goon platoons but I already know I will be swearing in true Shanky style.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Stringbean posted:

This was a really lovely back and forth. You could have taunted him much better.

See what happens when I quit playing tanks. Goons forget the proper way to talk poo poo and troll the gently caress out of shitlord scrubs.

Had I trolled like that, I would still be able to chat in tanks (and most likely still be playing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

Hellsau posted:

they removed allchat

My chatban didn't end at the allchat.

I can't even ping the map let alone respond to private messages the way they should be responded to.