Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

Germany : much less forgiving than the Soviets. Both heavy lines end up with giant bricks.
Note: the Maus line is horrible and painful.

This should actually be changed, since only the VK3001P and the Maus could be considered horrible.
The VK3001P grind is only horrible while stock (never play stock) and it is only tier 6, so who gives a poo poo.
TigerP is pubbieproof and actually a better beginner tank than the Tiger (for experienced players, the TigerH is of course completely superior).
VK4502A is a medium-heavy hybrid designed for killing mediums.
VK4502B is currently OP as poo poo, with possibly the best frontal armor in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Dvsilverwing posted:

I like that they said they were removing it from the shop because it was too powerful and that way we'd see them less in battles. Before that announcement, I didn't see E-25's that much, now I see multiples in every game whenever I'm in a tank within their tier range. This was all a marketing scheme, and it worked.

Well, I have been using E-25s in pref7 platoons and it is a great and fun way to win and pad stats.
Solo it is still good, although more reliant on your team as always. IS-6s are kinda annoying in it.

The problem with the E-25 is that you need to be a good player to use it well, which sort of explains why it isn't as common.
A good E-25 is that annoying invisible tank that machine gun your health away and I always focus fire on them.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Vents are best used if you either cannot afford (or don't want to pay out for) anything better at lower tiers or the other better options (GLD, rammer etc) are not available.

Vents are also dirt cheap for mediums and lights, so I usually put it on lower tier tanks that I'm just grinding through.

As well, any suggestions on which tank I should get next?
I have these unlocked:

Indienpanzer
Tiger2 (all guns unlocked from the TigerP line)
Maus
Ferdie (which I have already ragesold once, but the Jagdzilla looks fun)
Wz-131 (got a good crew from my Type-62/64)
T-34-1 (got a 4 skill Type59 crew to put there)
Chi-Ri
Obj416 (finally out of the loving A-44)
AMX 50 120
Tier7 Lorraine SPG (which I have ragesold)
Conqeror
Crusader SP

I just got the SU-14-2 so my arty scratch is pretty fulfilled at the moment, although I have a Lefh18B2 crew to put in the tier7 Lorraine.
The Obj416 looks pretty fun with the T-54 gun on a turreted tank in tier8. The T-34-1 looks like a dead-end tank even if it is good, since going through the WZ-131/2 looks more fun for getting the WZ-120.
Other option is to rebuy the BDR, Cromwell and the T-34 for training new crews.

Cardiac fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 28, 2014

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I can see BIA being a higher pick on arty, simply because you're almost always hosed if camo or repair come into play.

Also, for arty there are really not that many worthwhile skills.
Smooth ride, snap shot improves aim time, then you have BIA for all around improvements and clutch braking for better traverse.
After those, camo is probably your best bet for reducing risk of detection. Maybe Deadeye if you drive a Obj261 and shoot AP.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

NA_West.txt

Also, second highest damage on team, a paltry 1.7k.:suicide:
The Wotlabs XVM scale is loving retarded as well.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

srb posted:

Sub-1k green is a bit weird after all these years.

Besides making me and every other shitlord blue, it also makes every average fucker green.

Atomizer posted:

In this order (roughly from tier and level of fun/playability):

Maus
AMX 50 120
Conqeror
Tiger2
Obj416
Indienpanzer
Ferdie
Wz-131
T-34-1
Chi-Ri
Tier7 Lorraine SPG
Crusader SP

Why the Tiger2 so high? A slow tier8 tank that sees tier10 is not the funniest in my mind.
Will probably get the Conq then in preparation for the Chieftain switch.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

Careful - do you really want 27 Centurion variants? quiet rossmum

Yes, please.

Because:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xZf_TSiMTc
I am apparently a pussy for waiting on my platoonmate instead of fighting a T95 from the front.
Also, if you wonder what Dekatris is doing in his E-75 in the end, he almost decided to throw the game just to TK our M12, but I talked him out of it.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I do want to play the new fun mode whenever that comes, but I've had enough of the pubbies ruining 199 out of 200 games. Blowouts are not fun, win or loss.

As for the new mode, it seems like you can run it in super platoons, 5 out of 10 players on the team.
In other words, if you are not in one you are incredibly hosed from the start.
Seems fun.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Probably people shooting AP. 230 pen at tier 10 is pretty sorry so if you want to put out the huge damage that the E 100 is capable of you have to pony up and shoot gold. It's a great tank that's very forgiving but costs a lot of credits to play properly.

Kinda like the T-54 then. I have yet to have a game where I go with profit since that HEAT shell is just so awesome.

Also, starting to play the AMX 13 90 during Christmas was probably not my best idea. 1/10 sofar :smith:
Also, does anyone actually play the AMX 13 90 outside of strongholds?
The AMX 50 100 is sofar much better at tier10 compared to the AMX 13 90.

I guess the play style is passive scout, and then flank/mop up when the lines start to open up.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Worst part about arty, you can't carry for poo poo.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

Alternatively, driving a light tank on a good team is pretty much the best thing ever.

Whereas the opposite is also true.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

I have seen the expression "CHAI sniping" mentioned around here, anyone that can elaborate what it is?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

subhelios posted:

Finally unlocked my first T10 tank! The only downside is it's a T110E4, So I doubt I'm going to buy it.
It only took me two years to get to this point. :smith:

The E4 is not a bad tier10 at all. 750 alpha, reasonable armour and a turret is not a bad combination.
I prefer it to my E3 and E5, but that has probably more to do with playstyle. I like tanks that popout, wreck someone and then get back in cover and the E4 is pretty good for that.
Probably the same reason why I like the T57 Heavy and the AMX 50 100.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It was too good when it was first introduced, got nerfed, and now it's got too many weaknesses given the ever-growing power creep, whereas the E3 is an accomplished alley-blocker that a lot of people still don't know how to deal with.
When it was first introduced, SGLE made it a priority for people to get, which is why a fair number of goons in this thread are able to speak with some authority on why it's not very good right now.

So the tank was originally OP, and since it is not that anymore, it is not good anymore. Got it.

CW aside, the E4 is a better pub stomper than the E3, since it is less map dependent. You can never go wrong with 750 alpha on a turret with some mobility and armour.
The E3 is kinda painful since it is a priority target for arty, and getting hit by gold shells is the norm. One of the more painful things in an E3 is turning a corner without exposing your weak sides.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Around 150-200. :magical:
just google it. http://wotguru.com/weak-spot-guide-t110e4/
Your problem is not knowing where to shoot.

The armour is not great, but is good enough to bounce badly aimed shots. Considering it is tier10, armour is kinda overrated regardless.

HFX posted:

I am in agreement with Rossmum here and I was one of the first to get the E4. I will add one more thing to mention to the E4 and that for such a squishy hull / turret, the gun depression is on the par Russian gun depression at -6 degrees. Seriously, for a TD with weak slab armor, mediocre aim time, slowish, TD HP, etc, it is a poor choice in general. At least it isn't a post nerf 215 though right?

Rossmums argument is basically saying that the E4 is hosed if someone gets behind in contrast to other tier10 TDs like the E3.
Also, that armour is kinda meh for tier10 since it gets penned from the front unlike other tier 10 TDs.
So, yeah.

The gun depression is kinda meh, but otherwise the E4 works well as second line support tank. Like Descar says, 750 alpha on a turret is hardly bad.
I like playing my E4, and I prefer it to my E3 and E5.
Also, considering the nerfs of the Obj268, 183, Foch155 it is hardly the worst tier10 TD out there.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

rossmum posted:

No, my argument is that its front doesn't bounce anything and its turret is no benefit to it if it gets circled anyway, so you may as well drive something with no turret but actual armour.

Seriously the E4 is frontally pennable by T9 and 10 mediums at any range they can see it from, and it has those wonderful T110 sides that can be penned from the front if it's even a little angled.

Nah , the front is hardly autoaim and auto pen even at tier 10. The armour is hardly reliable but you can expect a fair number of bounces especially from non-heat e100s. 750 alpha also means you will come out ahead when trading damage versus most other tier 10s.
As for it having problem when circled , well it has that in common with all other tanks and especially the e3 is horrible in that regard.
Also last time I checked a lot of tier 9 mediums have tier10 guns.

The debate is kinda funny, since what the proponents of the e4 is saying is that it is a perfectly ok tank to pub stomp in. Which is apperently provocative.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

What is a worse tier 10 TD than the 268? It's an honest question. I only have 2 (the Waffle and the E3) but it doesn't seem to compare favorably to many of them. The only thing that comes to mind is the Foch, even the 183 has a gimmick it can fall back on.

Yeah, what is the current ranking of the tier10 TDs? There have been so many nerfs of them that it is getting hard to track which one is the best one nowadays.

Obj268 got ROF and HEAT nerfed.
WTF100 got smaller clip, more dispersion, and gets killed directly
E3 is great when you get to hold an alley, and not so much otherwise
E4 is basically a soft heavy with a gently caress off gun
Obj263 got buffed ROF, and have good frontal armour, but no one has one.
Foch155 got nerfed HEAT and alpha and depression, and I don't see it anymore.
183 & FV4004 have nerfed HESH pen. 183 got nerfed mobility as well.
Jpz100 have been buffed a couple of times

The most annoying TD for me is the Jpz100, due to the armour and that gently caress-off gun taking away half your health.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Snakes in a can posted:

Welp now to wait for WG to hand out the actionx cent now

having an L7 with okayish gun handling is nice. also t9 meds are the best stat padders ever.

Yeah, I bought the FV4202 as well and now it is just sitting in the garage with 0 battles, waiting for me to A: get a Cromwell and B: train a Crew in the Cromwell.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Well there is no time constraint, so really anyone who actually wants to do them. But yes they are meant to be "hard" to ward off people from getting free tanks.

And there is no meaningless grind i.e. need to grind a certain amount of XP/damage which is good for people with less time for tanks like me.

Also from FTR and supertest.

FTR posted:

Viewrange was changed as such:

- Оbject 268 from 400 to 370
- Object 263 from 410 to 390
- Object 704 from 390 to 360
- ISU-152 from 370 to 350
- Т-34 from 240 to 320 (stock turret)
- SU-85B from 390 to 310
- SU-76 from 350 to 290
- Waffentrager auf E 100 from 420 to 380
- Waffentrager auf Pz. IV from 410 to 370
- JagdPz E-100 from 400 to 390
- Rhm.-Borsig Waffentrager from 400 to 360
- JagdPanther II from 380 to 360
- Sturer Emil from 400 to 370
- Jagdpanther from 370 to 350
- Nashorn from 390 to 360
- Pz.Sfl. IVc from 380 to 340
- Marder 38T from 360 to 320
- Marder II from 350 to 310
- Panzerjager I from 330 to 300
- T110E4 from 400 to 390
- T110E3 from 400 to 390
- T29 c 330 to 350 (stock turret)
- T40 from 400 to 310
- T67 from 370 to 340 (elite turret) / from 350 to 320 (stock turret)
- M8A1 from 370 to 320 (both turrets)
- T82 from 370 to 300
- AMX 50 Foch (155) from 400 to 380
- AMX 50 Foch from 390 to 380
- ARL 44 from 330 to 350 (elite turret) / from 320 to 340 (stock turret)
- S35 CA from 400 to 340
- UE 57 from 360 to 320
- Renault FT AC from 330 to 300
- FV215b (183) from 400 to 390
- Alecto from 390 to 330
- Valentine AT from 360 to 320
- Universal Carrier 2-pdr from 330 to 300

An across the board nerf of view range for all lightly armoured TDs. RIP SU-85B if this goes through.
Also, lol at the Jagdzilla getting better view range than the WTF100

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Speaking of bad tanks, I really love my KV-5.
It is the perfect tank for pubstomping and for thrashing statpadding IS-6 drivers in. Pubbies are so focused on the frontal weak spot that they don't know how to deal with someone that knows how to hide it.
I have lost track on how many Ace Tankers I have gotten in it, but here is one more (including Top Gun, Steel Wall, Defender in a Tier9 game. Bonus feature is ramming a T30 with tunnel vision).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaAKZ6YnKs4

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

rossmum posted:

Also earlier I solo'd a pair of T-54s at point-blank in my JT. Shameful.

Speaking of TDs I am not afraid to face, how is the JT?
I have the Ferdie, rage-sold it and I am sort of thinking of going back to the line to get the Jagdzilla.

Also, how loving bad were they to lose against a JT at point-blank range.
If I see a JT in my T-54 I just go hull-down, load HEAT and bye bye JT. At close range it is not even a challenge.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Yeah -if she doesn't call it internet tanks like my wife used to also call eve internet spaceships guess what?
Someone is definitely on track to being single. :v: No worries meso, plenty of fish nazis in the sea/on SEA.
Gaming negotiations with SOs who don't like em or don't play what you do need to be well agreed upon or you are not going to be having fun,for sure.

Well, there is an inverse correlation between the amount of computer games one gets to play and how long one have been in a relationship.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

rossmum posted:

God the loving JT is such a gigantic piece of poo poo. I mean, you really know you've achieved something incredible when even the British, builders of the TOG II and Valiant, are impressed by just what a massive steaming hunk of garbage you've built.

In game or in reality?
Cause Carius description of his sejour in the Jagdtiger was all but praising.

Also, I am happy Christmas break is over and my win rate has recovered. Looking at how my win rate as a function of time I can easily identify summer and Christmas break, cause gently caress those players.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

How bad is the KV-4 if we forget it sees tier 10?
I have been having fun in the KV-5 by playing aggressively and giving no gently caress, and if the KV-4 is somewhat similar it might be rather fun. Also since the ST-I seems like a fun tier9 heavy.

Case in point why KV-5 is fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duGoBnajzg
Good players on my team decide to hold alley on Himmels, I say gently caress it and charge across the court yard. Killing bad IS-6 drivers never gets old.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Well, the KV-4 has a better gun but miserable DPM.

Yeah, I checked the stats for it and I am little bummed by the DPM, which is great on the KV-5 and highest among tier8 HTs.
The DPM works well with the KV-5 since you can get 2 shots in on an IS-6 for his 1 if one peek-a-booms.

Also, facing E-75, VK4502Bs and ST-Is is the biggest problem in the KV-5 since you can't really push them unless you flank and they just go through your frontal armour.
Facing tier10s will in other words be even worse, and I am already playing one tier8 with armour and piddly gun i.e. the AT-15.
I have also never seen a KV-4 as a threat. On the other hand, before I started driving a KV-5 I never saw them as a threat as well, which probably just shows the quality of the average KV-4 driver.
The reason for going up the IS-4 line would be to get the ST-I, which is a nasty tank to face, has decent mobility and a good gun. On the other hand I might as well just get the Tiger2 and start going for the E-75s.
Damnit, I just like playing weird tanks and making them work (except the loving A-44).

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

That being said, pubbies already don't understand platooning and battle tiers, so this would probably confuse the hell out of them even though it would benefit them. The battle tier info really should be displayed prominently in-game.... In any case they really need to prevent failplatoons from being able to form in the first place.

WG could easily implement fail platoons from forming, but that does not happen due to :effort: or reasons. :iiam:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Magres posted:

I agree with them heartily? The only reason artillery wasn't hilariously easy before was because you were stuck in an awful, awful view mode that puts three layers of abstraction between you and actually understanding what you're looking at. Battle Assistant makes artillery wwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyy easier and stronger. I got to the M40/43 before Battle Assistant existed, installed it, and literally called up my friend cackling about how he had to get the drat thing because of how fun/easy it makes artillery.

Oh, we haven't had an arty discussion/whine for the last 10 pages, so I guess it is that time of the month again.

Battle assistant is great for 2 reasons.
1: It is a graphically nicer interface for arty than the top down one.
2: It is easier to see what you can hit or not, which makes trick shots harder.

Besides that, arty is the same i.e. highly irregular and you can't carry for poo poo. You are still stuck with 30-40s reloads with horrible accuracy and where actually hitting something is down to RNGesus.
Arty is even more frustrating to play with a bad team than light tanks.

Interestingly, I have a harder time to judging tank speeds with Battle Assistant compared to the top down view.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

The Southern Dandy posted:

Top down view is still very effective

For an arty sperg like you Dandy.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

TheFluff posted:

I haven't signed anything yet, so here are some sweet goon-exclusive news:
Yuri Pasholok wears 70's glasses and speaks really awful English. Also, for some reason saw fit to give me a signed copy of his book about the SU-152. In Russian. I don't read Russian, but I guess it has pretty pictures?

The Swedish medium/heavy branch (it's a medium branch up to tier 8, where it splits into two, so there's both heavies and mediums tier 8-10) is mostly unproblematic up to tier 8, where it takes off into sorta paper-y speculation territory if we can't use the S-tank as a medium, and it's far from certain if we can do that because they're not sure if they're gonna have time to implement support for its suspension system in time. Still, if they don't use the S-tank it seems like their plan is to just develop a tier 9 and 10 based on what is basically a napkin sketch and one (1) blueprint of a turret. Then again they claimed Wargaming's internal hierarchy is basically feodal (their exact words) so it's not just up to the historical guys.

Timeframe for the first Swedish branch is probably 2016, or maybe late 2015. I think.

Would people be interested if I posted Swedish archive stuff here? I go every week, sometimes twice a week, and I'm up to like 10000 pages of documents now so there's no shortage of content.

Is it different from what have already been posted at FTR by you (or stolen by SS?)?
Regardless, just post away.

Also, shouldn't the Swedish tech tree be predominantly post-1945 tanks?
I guess the IKV is out of the picture?
A Swedish tech tree without the S-tank would be kinda weird, especially given that it is our only unique and iconic tank. On the other hand, I guess we can't go wrong with more variants of the Centurion.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

rockopete posted:

Swedish attempt at a HEAT-proof tank?

Guess so. Strv103/S-tank in the C-variant(?) also have HEAT-fences. At least my model tank has it.

Cents were in use within the Swedish army until at least year 2000 (which I know since my artillery company got rolled by a bunch of them in the final exercise during my conscription).

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Missing Name posted:

God loving dammit. Any hints on how to set someone on fire deliberately? It seems now that I'm actively trying for that mission, my fires have gone down to 0.

Shooting a Jagdtiger/88 in lower hull used to work for me, although I don't know if that has changed with the changed transmission fires.
T29/T32/T34/T30 have a tendency to burn if shot in the back. Same thing for E3-E5s.
Caernavron also burns easily from side/back shots.
Otherwise, Tiger tiger burning bright.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Desuwa posted:

That "different perspective" is huge though. Arty in top down view is a guessing game of where to put the center of your aim circle so that the actual shot dispersion circle is centered on the tank you want to shoot. BA makes your aim circle and the shot dispersion circle line up so the centre are the same. I could mspaint some images to illustrate my point.

It completely takes any guesswork or, for experienced players, estimation out of playing arty. It more or less removes player skill/experience at dealing with shell arcs and brings it down to just RNG. It also makes shots on moving targets on top of ridges or along reverse slopes so much easier.

I'm not the best arty player but in arty I'm generally not incompetent. BA turns my unexceptional arty play into something within spitting distance of my regular play in terms of contributing to battles. For shitters it can turn pubbies who rely completely on RNG correcting for their lovely aim to hit stationary targets into shitters who hit stationary tanks more often than not. On the other hand I'd rather this was built into the game and arty given a nerf. Make it weaker but more consistent and everyone wins.

So now we know why experienced arty players don't like BA so much. They can no longer be that special snowflake that everyone hates.

Otherwise I agree, brought out my T92 after I installed BA and it was actually enjoyable to play for once. I am grinding through the SU-14-2 at the moment, and it is more enjoyable than I thought much thanks to BA. Now if only my teams of shitters were better, but that is what you get for not platooning.
So to sum it up, BA is great since it makes artillery more fun to play and everyone should just :dealwithit: since arty is not going away.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

It can't be all D-25T guns right?
Cause an IS with 221 pen or SU-100 at tier 7/6 is kinda :stare:.

But the removal of pref8s is OK in my book, as long as I get to keep my KV-5 and Type59 in their pref8 state.
The AMX CDC actually looks rather interesting even with normal MM. 221 pen on a mobile chassis can't be bad and rather ok for 7500 gold, if it ends up like that.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

FTR QA posted:

-S-Tank (Strv 103) will appear in the game
:sweden:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Dunno-Lars posted:

Can't wait for the Bismarch to come out, so I can roleplay it historically. In a fjord all game without firing a shot.

That was actually Tirpitz.

Also, I am going to pretend all kills in this LeFH18B2 game was pure skill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQQsB3wYIas
The ROF on the Lefh18B2 is so ridiculous that I have started to fire the first shot before the reticle have zoomed in, since the reload is on par with the aim time.

Hellsau posted:

Oh boy oh boy I see a juicy 1390 in my Batchat, gotta get that ram kill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMhMyydCOf8

I thought you didn't play tier10s anymore cause you hate pubbies so much.
Apparently you are a liar.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Autoaim is garbage unless the stars align just right. Ping too high, ping too low, slow turret, strange terrain, certain tanks like the Cruiser 2 - all of these things can make autoaim worse than useless. It isn't great to miss under twenty meters on stationary targets.

Auto aim works for certain tanks with good OTM accuracy like the M46, M48, T-44, M41 and Awfulpanther when you do popout shoots i.e. auto-aim, pop-out, shoot when reticle turns green, pop back in. In many cases people don't fire directly cause they are waiting for the aim to go in and you can get free shots this way. It obviously doesn't work when someone is already preaimed at you.
My eye-to-hand coordination is pretty bad so I also use auto aim to fire while moving and for long-distance random shots at spotted tanks, but that is more what works for me.

NotWearingPants posted:

IS8 or M103? I can only afford one.

I have done significantly better in the IS and IS-3 than I did in the T29 and T32. But American heavies were the first line I went down so the difference in performance can probably be attributed to my different skill level.

Also, I could have a crew with several skills for the M103 thanks to these winter missions, and I'd rather not promote my IS or IS-3 crews because I like those tanks and want to keep them.

The IS-8 is a heavy tank with same armour as a IS-3 without the spaced armour and a tier10 gun.
The M103 is a heavy tank with trollish armour and a tier10 gun. The turret is less reliable than the one on T29/T30/T32/T34.
Both are more like fat mediums than regular heavies.

I am currently going through the IS-8 and have really started to enjoy it, but that took some time. The IS-8 is pretty awkward to play since you have no depression, no armour, a great gun but with bad handling. I basically play it like a peek-a-boomer and flanker, since it is pretty good in those situations where you just poke out, fire and get back. In order to do well in the IS-8 you have to play aggressively but in the right way and that is hard if you are not used to higher tiers. There are some IS-8 replays in my Youtube-channel that shows it pretty well. Murdering tier10 Russian mediums is rapidly becoming a hobby in my IS-8.

For IS-7 owners, how is the IS-7 different from the IS-8?

As for the M103, it is more forgiving since you have a great gun with excellent handling, gun depression and mobility. It is not a brawler, but it has enough armour to bounce badly aimed shots. Goons tend to like it more than the IS-8 and I sort of enjoyed it even if it was my first tier9 tank.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Don't use auto-aim to peek and poke, Murphy's law says that it'll home in on Pershing turrets and T57 hulls, and you'll get ludicrous bounces. Peek and poke is honestly pretty bad unless you know exactly how much of a reload advantage you have.

I use the auto-aim/peek-and-poke in situations where I want snap shot while also minimizing the risk. Like I said, it works for certain tanks and for situations where you don't mind missing shots.
As with most other things in WoT, if you don't know when to use it, don't do it.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Are they just bad players, because how are T-62s dying to IS-8s now?

Well mostly bad ones of course (i.e. 95% of the players) and it is also probably due to most players disregarding the IS-8 as a threat. Regardless, it is kinda funny, especially since there are so many statpadders in Russian tier10 mediums.

One of my joys in this game is taking a bad tank and killing people in better tanks. The pre-buff VK4502B was great for trolling E-75 drivers and the KV-5 works wonders against IS-6 drivers.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Missing Name posted:

I'm training my ARL V39 crew :colbert:

I am also a complete loving moron.

Speaking of the French TD line, is there actually any reason at all to do it anymore?
The Fochs are nerfed into oblivion and the S35 CA will be hosed in the next patch with the view range nerf.
Oh, well, I guess I'll put the Polar Bear crew into a Lorraine 40t or AMX 50 120.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

subhelios posted:

I know the 50 100 and batchat and lights are good don't interrupt me.

Is the AMX 13 90 actually good outside tier 8 strongholds?
So far it seems aggressively mediocre compared to the AMX 50 100, where the 1390 have less pen, worse MM, but better camo.
It is not helped by being matched with medium tanks that can do the same role.
Or maybe I am just bitter about my current 25% win rate in it after 20 games or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Cippalippus posted:

You can easily get 70% win rate in it solo if you play it smart. It's a great tank. The speed and the size are there to help you get out of trouble, not in trouble.

Got any good replays?