Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
As a reminder, the TS address is: 209.15.226.35:10937. Anyone can give basic tags, and if you idiots REALLY manage to gently caress poo poo up, Hellsau, demonR6 or myself can probably fix it. If we feel like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Don't rely on me I'm the one who keeps accidentally dragging channels and trying to put them back.

:sigh: I suppose doing that on accident is better than what I thought you were doing.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Since everyone seemed to like that free day of premium code...

...if you can bring yourselves to download and log into the WoWP client, you get a free day of premium for doing that, too.

I'd rather pay for it :v:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Crash74 posted:

WTF is a STAR BIGOT Warcrimes?

We are all dying to know.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Wait wut? You mean seppuku.. unless the SC nerds idea of ritual suicide involves number puzzles.

:thejoke:
He's being facetious.

Edit: Also, Ross, come play Robocraft with me

subhelios fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 26, 2014

subhelios
May 26, 2013

apseudonym posted:

Noobmeter says I have the highest 30day WN8 in PANSY, does this make me cool or am I still bad for playing a bad game about tanks and being a sperg :smith:?

Who plays this game thirty days in a row? Perhaps you should seek help.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

apseudonym posted:

:confused: thats not 30 day WN8 means? Its averaged not summed.

I'm aware. The joke was in how many zeroes we all have :v:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Finally unlocked my first T10 tank! The only downside is it's a T110E4, So I doubt I'm going to buy it.
It only took me two years to get to this point. :smith:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Cardiac posted:

The E4 is not a bad tier10 at all. 750 alpha, reasonable armour and a turret is not a bad combination.
I prefer it to my E3 and E5, but that has probably more to do with playstyle. I like tanks that popout, wreck someone and then get back in cover and the E4 is pretty good for that.
Probably the same reason why I like the T57 Heavy and the AMX 50 100.

Mesadoram posted:

I enjoy my E4 also, just got to keep reminding yourself that you are not a heavy. It's a great mid-range tank, it's accuracy is not the best but its turret gives it good versatility for closer range fights.

Find some teammates meat shields and roll behind them (preferable some heavies). Your ability to punish and retreat to safety is made possible by the turret. Just remember that your armor 90% of the time will not do a thing. It's primary purpose is to put pretty patterns on and hope the enemy does not ruin the paint. I am still totally not salty they nerfed the turret armor way back when.

That could work for me, sometime in the far future where I actually have the spare cash for it :v: Thanks guys!

subhelios
May 26, 2013

I really didn't mean to start a war over the E4 guys goddamn.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just a reminder...this is true, but come 8.6, TD view range is getting nerfed more heavily than other tanks, so try to get the TD missions done before then.

The T30's view range isn't getting nerfed :getin:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So, I bought five tokens for the WZ-111 and completed two of the missions. I have the tank, so I'm guessing those tokens have been 'spent' now.

Does anyone know definitively if by buying another token it will, with near 100% certainty, convert to 2500g in a few hours' time, or is that only valid for you buying the token and then completing the mission the long way?

In other news, I've finally shot through almost all of my T54E1 APCR. Only two loads left.

Is it worth :10bux: to you to find out?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Strobe posted:

Why is the botes channel password protected?

Something something NDA?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

rossmum posted:

I just poo poo out like a month's worth of videos, by the way. I might actually catch up to my backlog sometime within the next month or two. Exciting times!

I'm also likely to stop doing WoT videos for a while since I'm not playing as well or as often and I've already got like a million reruns of Centurion Finds Hill; Murders Everything. I want to put up some War Thunder, maybe some other stuff too.

23 videos :vince:

Sweet!

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Magres posted:

Getting to troll furries, cockblock missions, and win the game all at the same time is the good life.

Game on Mines, had an E100 on our team and a 183 on their team, both in FURIA, meet in the corner of the town for the 183 to bounce AP off the E100 for a while. NOT TODAY SHITTERS! Call it out, one friendly AMX 50B driveby later the 183 is dead and we bumrush their team while the E100 is crying that he needs more damage. He came in about 800 shy of HT-15 :getin:

You're a hero, and I want you to know that.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

Furia isn't a furry clan. It's a Spanish language clan.

:science: Furia means Fury in Spanish (not furry)

You'd think I would have remembered that, considering I used to live in Mexico :v:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Refried Noodle posted:

The Pak 40 is still occasionally fun. I just keep my french TD crew permanently in there.

Pak 40 is the premium isn't it? the actual TD line would still be poo poo.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Hellsau posted:

The French arti line has the tier 4 APCR shooting deathwagon. The French TD's only actual great tank is the S35 CA. It's a sad loving day when a line is worse than the French artillery line. They...probably need to rethink the French line's bloom values to make them not so intolerable.

Both lines have premiums that have insanely high peaks. The FCM on Province shuts the game down, where the leFH will swing any game that lasts more than five minutes. Good times.

So in other words, play french premiums not line tanks :haw:

I know the 50 100 and batchat and lights are good don't interrupt me.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Cardiac posted:

Is the AMX 13 90 actually good outside tier 8 strongholds?
So far it seems aggressively mediocre compared to the AMX 50 100, where the 1390 have less pen, worse MM, but better camo.
It is not helped by being matched with medium tanks that can do the same role.
Or maybe I am just bitter about my current 25% win rate in it after 20 games or so.

Can't help you there, don't have one. Sorry.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

McGavin posted:

Confirming that this works. The link for NA is http://worldofwarships.com/en/cbt/game_download/1. You need to be logged in to your Wargaming account before you can download it.

It didn't work for me. I guess I should have played more than a handful of battles on the weekend. :v:

On the other hand, is the T69 as good as the test server makes it seem to be? My first game in it was 5-kill, 4000 damage :stare:.
I think I'm going to get it whether it is or not.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

just installed battle assistant and holy poo poo it's amazing for arty. Shame i'm still terrible though. One question i had is does ammo go boom if you get destroyed? If i load a few gold rounds in a tank for occasions when i come up against a higher tier do i pay for it again every time i die?

Only if you use them. You don't have to buy them again every time you die.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

slowm posted:

Anyone that would not mind verifying me on the TS would be a super cool particular individual. I'm idling in the lobby channel, slowm (MOTU). Feel free to kick me from server after verify, I'm heading out for work and won't return until later tonight. Just completed missions on all classes up to the platoon missions, so I need some buff dudes with which to horse around. NTR is pretty dead and most of them are mega-nerds. I need a platoon of men that know how to treat a bro right. HOLLA.

This has been attended to.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

The Southern Dandy posted:

[e]: also if this thread could refer to "me" as arty/arties/artyself that'd be pronoun perfect, thanks

I thought that was what we were doing already :confused:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

LostCosmonaut posted:

It's worth it just to see this win 7500 gold;

I would have voted for this too.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Saint Celestine posted:

Fun. We picked up all the relic shitters.

Would you rather have relic or chai?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

McGavin posted:

:siren:Here's a link to my modpack for 9.6!:siren:

Here are the fonts it uses.

It contains:
- XVM with my own brand of lines on the minimap
- White = Maximum spotting/draw distance and traverse indicators
- Red = Artillery and low tier autoloader range
- Green = View range and camera direction
- 2 seconds protection from shooting at corpses
- J1mb0's crosshair mod
- Server-side crosshair
- 500m zoom out, 16x zoom in
- Meltymap's damage and armour thickness indicator
- Scope shadow removed
- Locastan's damage panel and session stats
- 2 row tank carousel
- My Metal Gear Solid sixth sense mod
- HP bars and Team HP
- Battle assistant
- 15m "Shoot through bushes safely" circle - Toggle with Numpad 0
- Autoaim to tank nearest reticle - Toggle with F10
- Autoequip binocs/net/toolbox

It probably also has some other stuff I've forgotten about, but nothing that can get you banned. Let me know if there are any issues.

Excellent!

subhelios
May 26, 2013

LostCosmonaut posted:

Wargaming finally killed 1488 (partially); http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000019755/

Their commander has been permanently blocked it says. Good start?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Fat Jesus posted:

goddamit I kinda like the Crusader but getting wins in it don't happen much - and I keep getting 1 shotted by anything with a derp. Only like 4000ish more exp to the Cromwell at least.
Weird thing happened, got hit with HE and killed all my crew putting me out of the game while my tank still has HP, didn't know that was possible. Observe- http://oi59.tinypic.com/2n8vrit.jpg

Indeed! Now imagine how often that happens in a PZ 1 C (two crew members).

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Fat Jesus posted:

I've played one, and a lot of other light tanks with no armor and had them blasted to poo poo by KV2's etc but this is the first time I can remember being dead and having HP.

The autocannons a lot of other light tanks have at that tier tend to kill my crew a lot.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Azhais posted:

Ah, I figured PANSY was a CW clan (I guess I only read like the first line of their thread). Is it time to leave the comforting embrace of NDP?

Ha, we can't even get 8 people on at the same time for strongholds. Let alone 15 people in tier 10s for Clan Wars. A lot of us (myself included) seem to not even have tier 10s yet either.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

enkalen posted:

Can I get an invite to PANSY? I am on the NA server as Ejo.

Check your page on the world of tanks website, I sent you an invite!

e: holy poo poo you had just posted that 4 minutes ago, quick service with a smile :bigtran:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

enkalen posted:

Thanks. Do I do anything to help with the stronghold?

You don't have to if you don't want to, but it would be nice. I don't know if we are actually doing strongholds atm.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Hahahah. I do remember. Wasn't that FurHQ that I called nazis? It went amazingly well as a troll.

Also my invite lapsed, reinvite me!

You're assassinated right? Right reading is difficult moving on.

Invite sent, check your page.

subhelios fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 26, 2015

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Steelion posted:

We haven't done strongholds in ages, afaik, mostly just because nobody's on anymore. I think I saw like 8 people on last night, tops.

Unrelatedly, do the different ranks actually mean anything? I notice that I've somehow become a "Combat Officer"

Mine means I can invite people, don't know what yours does.

Makes you sound sexier?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Uranium 235 posted:

Luchs is a good one for tier 4, but if you want to go up to higher tiers, the American light tanks are the closest approximation you'll find. They don't have MGs, but several of them do have autoloaders which are the higher tier equivalent of MGs. For instance, the M41 Bulldog has a 10-round autoloader that can dump 1500 damage in 20 seconds.

The Soviet MT-25 (tier 6) also has a hilarious machine gun that can shoot something like 1200 damage in a few seconds, but it has really low pen, so you really have to work hard to find one of the few tanks in the game you can damage (usually only from behind, point blank). And the reload is insanely long. Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0J2kKZpIrM

edit: I like that the MT-25's autoloader has HE shells... 19 pen and 50 damage. I guess if you're up against a bunch of the armorless German TDs...

It is a guaranteed pen against the Scorpion, unless they buff the armor 20x. Fire HE at Scorpions everybody :v:

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Naw, at the low pen levels HE stops working like HE. It's liable to deal 0 damage even to a tank with no armor. Luchs HE vs. WT100 gun shield will either full pen or deal nothing. The HE mechanic needs some work.

The scorpion only has 1mm armor (last I played it on Test), so wouldn't all hits against it be full pens then?

E: I admit to not knowing about it not working like normal HE though

subhelios
May 26, 2013

WayAbvPar posted:

Client forced an update this morning, and now when I launch it just CTDs before I even get to the login page. I am probably not as upset about this as I would be if I wasn't so sick of the game, but I at least want to get logged in for my free poo poo. Anyone else having trouble?

It seemed to take a lot longer to log in for me, but it did log in. Anyone know what the update was about?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Last night's drunken whatever-you-want-to-call-it was either a smashing success or a complete failure, depending on how you define those things. I am converting the audio recording of it into mp3 and it will be available for anyone who wants to hear 4 hours of me being a complete and total retard.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Desuwa posted:

I take BiA on mediums once the third skill is done and they've started on their 4th skill. Camo and repair are more important than BiA, plus the requisite sixth sense and safe stowage.

Also my stats were barely treading water this weekend and I blame arty missions and Hellsau.

Kinda surprised you didn't blame me to be honest.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Salean posted:

Most of the times this thread gets a lot of posts I wind up learning a lot about high explosive ammunition

Or the merits of various terrible tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Rorac posted:

I finally unlocked and bought the Batchat. :toot:

I have to say though I will be eternally confused by one of my last Lorr games. I ended up tracked and face to face with an object 268. He fired and by... gently caress I don't even know what, but he bounced.

I understand the penetration mechanics, I understand how normalization works, I know that shells have up to +-25% of their penetration on any given shot. I do not understand how a tier 10 TD fails to penetrate a Lorr at touching distance. If somebody could explain, that would be great.

Where did the shell hit you?