Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I love my church 3 because it makes poo poo loads of cash and can easily pen anything it sees. Will the E-25 be similar?

E-25 will have a little more trouble since it can see things like IS-3s and other well armored bricks, but for the most part it has little trouble penning everything on the map. Plus it goes fast enough that you can just leave if you see something you can't pen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

DoubleWelp posted:

Telescope or laying drive on the E-25?

Probably optics or scope, it already aims really fast so a GLD is kinda wasted. I generally play pretty aggressive with my E-25, so optics work better for me then hiding since I'll be racing around like a dumbshit.

I use a rammer/net/optics on mine. I think.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

Yes, the FV215b is disappearing completely, save for being the basis of the Deathstar.

The 4202 is going to trade in its false armour and L7 for historical armour and probably a 17pdr, 20pdr A-barrel at best

Last look on FTR it had the 20pdr B-Barrel.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

That said prelim stats, giving it the 20pdr B along with its historical armour and the nerfed mobility would pretty much make it indistinguishable from the Caernarvon.

Which seems to be current WG premium plan anyway, with the Panther88 and the STA-2 existing.

RandomPauI posted:

Alright, I finished the US part of the Token Mission. Next up is the USSR.

How do people like VK 36.01?

It's acceptable, it's a sluggish medium with a lot of health and the 88 L/56 is good at tier 6. The days of the koinsch rail gun are over though. Its not terrible, but it's not super fun to drive.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 27, 2014

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

KurdtLives posted:

I like my m46 a ton too. Is the m48 a step back? That's what I have heard.

Also, I feel like they shouldn't let you buy a tier 8 premium until you have earned a tank in that tier or at least somewhere close, so you don't have retarded super rookie Lowe's or T34's blowing matches.

It is always strange to me to see someone with something like 100 battles and a whole pile of tier premiums. I mean, I've dropped money on this game, but who looks at a F2P game and decides "This seems neat, let me drop 200 dollars on it right away."

I watched an enemy Lowe throw the game for their team once by firing HE, and I looked at his account after the game, he had a Lowe, JT88, T34 and a Super P, all with something like 10 games each, and single tier 1 battle.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

WitchFetish posted:

I'd think more HP, better mobity, more view range, better accuracy and aiming speed, as well as improved reload speed, shell speed and penetration would make grinding a T9 heavy tank more enjoyable, but eh, your choice, gotta get that tier 10.

I think getting the turret would be worth the XP, but I got 2/3 of the way to the T110E5 with the 1st 120mm and its pretty serviceable. A little HEAT takes care of major pen issues, and if you like the M103, the T110E5 unlocks the top gun anyway.

I think when the discount thing is over, I'm going to sell my T57 and move the crew back to my T54E1, T57 just isn't clicking for me the way the T54E1 did.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I've been working on my T37 trying to take advantage of this extra doubles, and goddamn people are making me hate it. Not to mention countless lane maps. I just want a Bulldog.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
As usual, bitching about the game helps.
7 kills, 2300 damage, base xp 1290.
Victory!
Battle: El Halluf
Vehicle: T37
Experience received: 3,870
Credits received: 37,297
Battle achievements: 1 Mark of Excellence, Top Gun, Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Game ended with me vs 3 spgs and a Black Prince, I got really goddamn lucky and never stopped moving.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Valle posted:

So let me take my new RU-251 out for a spin!

Holy crap! Wonder what the enemy team has to say to this!

Haha! Dis gon be gud! It ended up 9-15 loss :downs:

It has always been funny when I've seen a team full of amazing players just throw the game because they think they are too awesome. Usually it's from being hyper aggressive and having the mediums slam into a heavy/TE gunline.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Managed to force a draw against a team with 3 G players and a really good FOXEY player on Sand River thanks to their team crumbling around them. Bet there was some really good chat going on that side, because if they didn't have a Rhoomba sitting in a corner, they should have won.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I finally unlocked and purchased the M41 last night and holy poo poo. Mine is stock aside from having the top engine and its a joy to drive. Like a pre-physics T-50-2. Had to move my T37 crew up to it, so I wish they'd hurry up with the 6th sense change.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Magres posted:

Just echoing this, the IS-7 is absolutely godly in pubs. Point your tank at someone, hide your lower front plate, and cackle like a maniac when nothing can pen you with silver outside of T10 TDs. Get hull down and even T10 TDs are going to have a bastard of a time penning your turret. Even in CW shooting gold, good luck penning a hull down IS-7 that's looking at you.

Hell, half the time you don't even have to cover your LFP or get hull down because pubbies are loving morons and will spray your turret with everything they've got.

I wish I ran into those people whenever I take my IS-7 out. I just don't like how sluggish it is accelerating and turning.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
If you don't have a shot in a E100 and then load HE, duh.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Using an SU-85b for the TD missions is just outright cheating, and its amazing.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just a reminder...this is true, but come 8.6, TD view range is getting nerfed more heavily than other tanks, so try to get the TD missions done before then.

Yep, abusing this while I can. Even with that view range hit, its still the meanest TD at tier, that gun is simply savage.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Wouldn't think doing 1000 damage in a FV304 or leFH would be difficult, but goddamn I can't manage it.

Well that was some of the most frustrating games I've ever played. Every game a flank fell way too fast to provide any real support, both the 304 and leFH just don't hit hard enough on anything with armor to rack up damage in a reasonable time.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 18, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
It almost feels like I'm a mission target for SPGs, I'm being singled out like crazy today and its getting frustrating as hell.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

maev posted:

Will my FV304 be good enough for all the arty missions? Also someone point me to a good light tank, I have literally none after 7k games :<

I'm having issues making my FV304 and leFH work, they simply don't do enough damage unless you somehow get a round full lightly armored tanks that sit still.
Also the FV will have issues with remaining unspotted since its shot range is a little more then some tanks viewrange.

Why will nothing set on fire. Goddamn this shouldn't be that difficult.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 19, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Working on the heavy mission to deal 1k damage and then capture a base. Prokhorovka comes up, I go up on our side of the tracks, deal a lot of damage and move into the cap. All that is left on the enemy team is a single Super Pershing sitting up on the hill, bunch of people are taking shots, but most are bouncing or doing less then a 100. Timer counts hit, hits base captured so I take a pot shot him, he was facing me at a angle, shot somehow nails his side, knocks off 400 health and a teammate finishes him off. Turns out cap points don't count if you kill the enemy tank even after it says you've won. If I hadn't pressed a button, easy money, but no, had to be stupid.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
This light mission to get spotting damage and remain unspotted is dumb. Remaining unspotted isn't fun at all. Running around murdering the poo poo out of tanks is.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I'm not really crazy about individual missions requiring a platoon. Especially the light tank one where you buddy up with spgs, what a good plan.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
AMX-13/57 looks like it will end up like the 59-16, a really good light tank destroyer and that's about it. Especially depends on how many shots it has per drum. But a 57mm gun seeing tier 9s and 10s? Thats just hilarious. Even if they give it Chi-Ri levels of intra-drum firing, it will still take a lot of shots just for the chance at doing 200-300 damage.

The Chi Ri can lay out some damage if it sees a lot of same/lower tier tanks, but anything heavy will simply laugh at it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Illegal Carrot posted:

What does "regular vehicles only" mean? Are premium vehicles excluded?

Regular vehicles are all the tanks that aren't premium. So premium vehicles don't get the bonus, I guess even WGing learned that lesson. 150k profit Type 59 games were pretty amazing.

They could go with the VT-1-1, it still used a rifled gun, but only a 105mm. The guns being placed at the edges of the tank would be weird though, doesn't look like they have much horizontal traverse.

Also looks like a prototype for a Mammoth Tank.

If they felt the need for another tier 7 German TD, the Kanonenjagdpanzer would be fun. It looks like a super JdpzIV with a 90mm. Or it could be an alternate E-25.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanonenjagdpanzer

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 23, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Illegal Carrot posted:

What are some profitable non-premium tanks, and could they ever hope to earn as much at something like the Jag8.8?

Mediums are your best bet. pretty much anything that doesn't Fire a 1k shell.

I think fog of war would be interesting in game, I'd also be ok with not seeing player names in the list until a certain time.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

rossmum posted:

Just wait until you set up a perfect ambush on a higher-tier BB and blow it away with a point-blank torp spread, before he even realises you're there.

Or until you get one of the destroyers with tubes on both sides, and dive between a pair of oblivious BBs and sink both simultaneously.

Stop, I can't get any more erect.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
It would have been nice if these winter mission tanks were premium so I could cycle crew through them easier.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

JuffoWup posted:

I think we should back to talking about botes. Wargaming released a new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcb8G2jqGg

Sounds like they are getting better voice actors at least. Really wish every test weekend they had for that on a weekend on not traveling or busy during.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Hey guys I found a tank, I've got some more photos but phone posting.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Why.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

DonkeyHotay posted:

Trying to get a ram kill in a heavy is really stupid also i managed to drop a vk7201 on a t49 for.... 340 damage and he just drove away. gently caress off

I had to just let missions happen, whenever I actually tried to complete things would go to poo poo. My ram kill in a heavy was when a Leopard imbedded itself in my side trying to ram me for some reason.

SARSfest posted:

Firefly trip report:
:siren:Trigger Warning: lovely opinion ahead:siren:

-Its slow
-Its really loving slow
-does not turn well
-0 armor (watch out for HE slingers)
-loving huge as all shermans are
-not great view range (360m)
-fantastic pen, especially for a medium
-good dpm (little under 2k)
-6 degrees of gun depression.

Basically all factors combined this tank's gameplay will consist of slowly accelerating to 30-35 kph, getting to a good firing position maybe ahead of the heavy tanks, and slowly cresting a hill until you are practically sitting on it in order to do about 150 damage while praying no one took a snap-shot at your barn-like silhouette (which coincidentally has the same amount of armor as most barns).

If I can find a good nook to cram myself in that accommodates tall tanks with bad gun depression and the enemy team lets me shoot at them without doing anything about it I can rack up a decent damage score, and not having to flank enemy heavies in order to pen them is a refreshing novelty. But honestly? I'd stick with an easy 8 or cromwell; the firefly's pen comes at too high a cost.

The Firefly is a really good tank destroyer, but a pretty bad medium. Being able to use a Vert Stab at tier 6 is nice though, really makes things easier on it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

maev posted:

Considering selling my over-used E75 for the IS-8, mostly to make use of my 4 skill is-6 crew and I've moved all my old E-75 crew to the E-100. Can the IS-8 perform well or dominate in the tier 9 game?

Not to the extent the E-75 can. It doesn't have the armor.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I almost hate unlocking new tanks anymore, because I can't seem to get to work for me. Got the 110 unlocked and I can't do anything with it. Wish I hadn't used my free xp to unlock the turret faster.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Magres posted:

If it helps at all, I was on the other team and we didn't have fun either. 183s are stupid as gently caress on either side.

E: Is it worth running optics on the ISU-152? Thing is blind as a bat so I'm considering just doing vents/gld/rammer

Put a camo net on there in place of the vents. The ISU gets surprisingly good camo for being a large box, and the longer you can remain unspotted the better.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
So what is the purpose of the Caernarvon? As being a slower Centurion doesn't really seem to be much of a benefit in exchange for mildly better gun handling.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I'm working on the mission to kill 2 TDs while in a medium, I take my Cromwell and Seigfried Line comes up, more then half the enemy team is TDs and its a tier 6 match. I get behind one of the bunkers in the field, put shots into a charging Cromwell and a Vk3001P, but I take some damage from TDs in the back. A enemy SU-100 somehow nails the very tip of my turret above the building and I explode. Next medium games, 1 TD max.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Burt posted:

I have been going bat poo poo insane today trying to get my MT "kill 2 mediums" mission and LT "spot an SPG". Every game I take the MT out there are no more than 1 medium on the other team and when I take the LT out, you guessed it, no arty.

I did get HT15, combined damage and bounces of over 10k in an IS-7. :smug:

I finally got my MT15 mission to kill 2 TDs after way too much effort, and some idiot teammates threw the game. I had so many games where the enemy team would be 1-2 TDs, or I'd be in a Easy 8 and the only TDs were tier 8's.

Saw this in the CoH2 thread. This would be a great premium, the Tiger-34!

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 11, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Snakes in a can posted:

If it makes you feel better the next one is kill 3 mediums. :negative:

Rage sold the panter 2 after being 1 shot by arty (for the 4th time that day) and free xped the rest of the way. holy poo poo the e50 is hilarious, i must have been imbued with pubbie luck this game or something, but when you receive over twice your health in potential damage in a medium cant help but :smug:

I'm tempted to pick up the E-50 again next time there is a crew retraining sale. I sold it a few patches before it got buffed, and regret it. Also I've got this German medium crew sitting around, and its not like I'm going to ever rebuy the Leo Prototype.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Big thing I noticed on test was that shooting on the move wasn't as reliable, but letting things settle in was still ok. Also the AMX CDC wasn't that good, especially without limited matchmaking like the FCM 50t. On the other hand the sheer number of CDCs and STA-2s made shooting HE fun.

Also on FTR there is a new German TD shown, a tier 7 Rhoomba with a 88 L/71. Looks neat but I've got enough TDs.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 11, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

How is the type 62?

Its neat but not 50 dollars of neat. You can get a WZ-131 and get the same experience. Not worth the money at all.

MoraleHazard posted:

Are open topped and closed topped TDs getting nerfed the same?

Everything that isn't a premium sees a loss. The SU-85b in particular gets savaged. Which makes sense, its crazy good for its tier. Tier 9/10 stuff didn't really lose a lot though, some are only 10-20m, which won't be a huge change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Snakes in a can posted:

Holy poo poo stay away from the asia server, its full of veits and bad reroll japs who feel that goldpsam will fix their green 25K game stats, no one speaks english so when you tell them to drop a toaster in their bathtub or inform them of how poo poo they are for being a pubbie you get [][][]555+ back. also not to mention the packet loss is annoying at times. once the veits kill the server i am going to try and get a transfer to NA asap.

because it completely outclasses all the other t7 scouts by an insane margin (besides the LTTB), after 9.6 lands for sea/NA the t71 might be better than the bulldog.

Hell, the Bulldog out classes a good number of T7 medium tanks.