Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nodosaur posted:

generally they seem to have decided:

Flamon > Agnimon
Gotsumon > Grottemon
Tinkermon > Fairymon
Pomumon > Arbormon
Bearmon > Chackmon
Strabimon > Wolfmon
Gizamon > Ranamon
KoKabuterimon > Blitzmon
Kokuwamon > Mercuremon
Liormon > Lowemon
Gazimon > Duskmon

Shame they didn't have this decided before they printed all the Hybrid support in BT07 of the card game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Golux posted:

I mean they could still very easily choose different child stages to attach to them in the next product.

My understanding is that hybrid decks aren't super relevant anymore in the Japanese meta, but if they were paired with new support cards for those decks it could work.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

They aren’t necessarily tier 1 but they’re still pretty powerful and viable

I mean, I guess? I'm looking through decks posted online and outside of Yellow specifically they're nowhere to be seen.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mandatory lesbian posted:

Going by my very limited view of the game (youtubers posting locals) jogress decks are the hotness? I actually would love to have recs for like, serious tourney play

Are you interested in current English format, speculation about what English players will play when BT08 and the starters release early next month, or the current Japanese format? We can give some level of thoughts on each.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I more meant videos of tournament play, altho thinking about it dcg might not have the cachet to have much of that yet

Ahhh, okay. Your best bet for stuff like that is probably gonna be DPP's channel. He posts a bunch of locals footage, but he's based in Singapore so he plays in the JP format.

As for my own thoughts: the current best decks are all varying degrees of hybrid decks, with Blue Hybrids being the standout best deck. It's a weird format, because it's pretty varied and everything can win, but also blue is clearly better than the other decks. I've been playing green hybrids and black X-Antibodies, and am mostly just excited to get to BT08. The format's going to change pretty drastically, with the introduction of the new Imperialdramon and Mastemon starter decks immediately being meta contenders, Armor Release, and another huge chunk of X-Antibody support (I hope) bringing that deck up to meta contention. Hybrids will remain strong, but it will most likely be much less overwhelmingly so.

The hits to the Eyesmon package and SaviorHuckmon becoming official as of BT08 prerelease (April 29th) will also have interesting implications for the format going forward, since in JP meta Jesmon was the only red deck people played, and Eyesmon did a lot to keep Lilith Loop (and purple in general) viable. It's a lot of exciting stuff.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Im glad the starter decks are meta relevant, mastemons one of my favorite digimons!

And i like dpp, it is perhaps unfortunate the jp meta isnt as relevant to me but its nice to watch some form of competitive play

Yeah, it's super exciting to have starter decks actually be pretty impactful. Just FYI, if you're looking to buy in, you're gonna want two copies of the Mastemon starter, some cards from contemporary sets, and at least a few copies of the BT3 LadyDevimon.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Some Numbers posted:

I'm honestly really psyched about this and people from my locals are salty as hell.

This is cool. I was pretty convinced they weren't going to gently caress up Gaiomon, and this is more evidence pointing toward them doing it right.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Bee posted:

I wonder if on reprints they'll change the Frontier mistranslations and Dorugreymon. I figured BurningGreymon would've been off limits as a protagonist evo, but now Lighdramon is challenging that claim.

I dunno if there's much point to changing Dorugreymon, the way his name is written in Japanese is only one character away from reading Dorugreymon anyway.

Hell yeah.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

New card set announced! And with it comes new mechanics

New Rule [Digi Xros]
By placing the specified cards from your hand or battle area into evolution sources, you reduce the play cost

e.g. Shoutmon X4 <Digi Xros -2>
For each of the specified card placed into its evolution sources, its play cost is reduced by 2, if you managed to place all 4, the play cost is reduced by 8

The Xros Heart deck seems to be multicolor, with Ballistamon being green and Dorulumon and Starmon being yellow, but they get around it with alternate evolution conditions that let them evolve off of any Xros Heart level 2.

Yep. Looks like Ballistamon and Dorurumon (both level 4s) have a special evo condition where they can evolve off of level 3s with Xros Heart for their normal evo cost.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I like how all three of Shoutmon, Ballistamon and Dorulumon are shown to be in the same place, clearly a stage for Shoutmon himself. I imagine the upcoming Starmon and Pickmon (still got no Xros Heart Level 2 and nothing else fits the description) and probably Sparrowmon will be the same.

Pickmon is an old level 2, so it'll definitely be the level 2 that Shoutmon evos off of. Starmons we've already seen the art for, and yeah, it's on the same stage.

I'm less sure about Sparrowmon, Nene wasn't part of Xros Heart for a while. I imagine that Kiriha and Greymon will likewise not be Xros Heart.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

No, but the new one does. It's also prolly better for a Xros Heart deck as it has "When Attacking: If this is a Xros Heart Digimon Draw 1". The old one gave you a boost if you went wide, but based on Saving and Digixrossing it seems like Xros Heart is the sort of deck that goes all in on one hyper big Digimon and definitely needs as much draw power as it can get.

Incidentally, Taiki himself is traited as "General" and "Xros Heart", and since Tamers generally don't get keywords that suggests there will be some interaction. General at least will likely be a trait on Kiriha and Nene as well.

Additionally the booster pack art was also revealed and Shoutmon X5 is the cover card so he's in for sure and Sparrowmon is all but guaranteed.

We got some of Kiriha's team revealed today. Like Shoutmon et al, they have their ordinary typing plus Blue Flare, and they interact with other specific Kiriha Digimon, Kiriha himself, and Blue Flare as a broader type. Also MailBirdramon has a stun with a trivial condition in its inheritable, so we're gonna have to deal with that again in B10.

Whenever we get there, after all these delays.......:sigh:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

It'd be really weird if we didn't considering the Xros Wars version of Beelzebumon doesn't have a card yet, while we see him in X5's background and, obviously, he's part of X5B. I'd imagine X4B is in the set as well. Seeing how X5B is Red/Purple, Beelzebumon is likely purple itself.

Considering the cards we have here, Mervamon and Nene have to be in the set as well as Sparrowmon mentions the former by name and a Tamer card with the Twilight type, neither of which exist right now. JetMervamon is a safe bet as well simply because Sparrowmon and Mervamon are here.

Considering the Bagra Army cards revealed the other day specifically reference her brother, Nene is definitely gonna be in the set.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

And if we're talking the card game imitating the anime, I point out that the game is providing mechanical incentives use both Taiki and Kiriha. Taiki can fish for cards to set materials for xrossing but he can only use a single material when you digixross and has no memory mechanics, meanwhile Kiriha is a memory tamer and he lets you use any number of materials for xrossing from any of your tamers but has no inbuilt way to get that started. Basically, if you are interested in going full Xros Heart it seems like you would want to include Kiriha as your memory tamer of choice just so you could get all of the Digimon you've saved out in one go when you play one of the big xrosses. Most likely there'll be some reason the play Nene in that deck as well, and maybe even Yu depending on what he does (recover materials from discard maybe? The army he's in would probably like that is an effect.)

I dunno, Kiriha is JUST Blue Flare, whereas we can see Sparrowmon is both Twilight and Xros Heart. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out that Nene is the dedicated memory tamer for Xros Heart, while also having some specific effects for getting JetMervamon out.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sleeping Sigma posted:

We did get some new screenshots of the English build, for what it's worth.
https://twitter.com/digimon_games/status/1516824043630039051

Hey, it's not their fault XBC3's date got moved up by over a month. Who could have predicted that.

God I hope I can either ditch Agumon or evolve him into something different than the norm.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

1st Stage Midboss posted:

As much as Agumon doesn't excite me, I've spent years wanting Digimon games where you have A Digimon Partner instead of collecting monsters, like in every piece of fiction (except sorta Xros Wars), and this seems like it does both, which is a decent approach. I'd much rather be able to choose who it is, but since Survive also gives you a set protagonist instead of a choice like Next Order and Cyber Sleuth it does sell it more as "this is the protagonist, his partner is Agumon" rather than "your partner is Agumon, deal with it."

This is true, I actually like that. Especially if I can have him evo outside the traditional lines like was mentioned earlier.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

My kingdom for a short about Sakuyamon and Sistermon commiserating about their experiences.
Which one? :v:

girl dick energy posted:

Card's cool, though. Am I the only one who wants to see what kind of mad science can be done with comboing this deck with D-Reaper?
It's definitely worth experimenting with, I just don't think that would work very well.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

The right play here if you're gonna do that is using the normal yellow late-game/slowdown stuff combined with the D-Reaper engine, right? Renamon pulling Yellow Tamers is obviously supposed to pull Ruki, but it also means there's synergy with JetSilphymon et al.

Edit: Defense Plug-In C on D-Mother is just too loving funny to not at least theorycraft. :allears:

You could hypothetically build a deck that's the full Renamon line from EX02 and BT10 (so, about 28 cards if you're playing 4-ofs of everything), 4x Rika, the Plugins you plan on abusing, then dedicating the rest of the space to D-Reaper. But at that point, you're also talking about putting at most 16 D-Reaper cards in the main deck, and I'm just not sure that's enough. Maybe if you limited the Sakuyamon line to just BT10 with EX02 Sakuyamon it would make more sense? I dunno.

thetoughestbean posted:

D-Reaper pairs well with Yellow Hybrids and Yellow in general because it gives the deck access to Spiral Masquerade, a yellow option that can be incredibly powerful if you go wide enough, so I can see a potential mix, but Sakuyamon needs a lot of Plug-Ins to work so deck building is a bit tough

How big is the Yellow Hybrid package in those decks?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

From what I’ve seen it’s more “Yellow Hybrids but with D-Reaper Queen so you can play Gatekeeper”

Yeah, that...that sounds about right.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Double posting, but Justimon is worth it.

quote:

Justimon: Critical Arm BT10-067 R
Mega | Vaccine | Cyborg

[Digivolve: from [Justimon] in name for 1 cost]

[When Digivolved] By returning 1 card with [Justimon] in its name other than [Justimon: Critical Arm] from this Digimon's digivolution sources to your hand, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost of 9 or less.

[When Attacking] If you have a Tamer, this Digimon may digivolve into a Digimon card with [Justimon] in its name other than [Justimon: Critical Arm] from your hand ignoring Digivolution requirements by paying 2 cost.

quote:

Justice Kick BT10-106 U

When you would use this card, for each of your Tamer, reduce memory cost to pay by 1.

[Main] You may play 1 Digimon card with [Justimon] in its name from your hand without paying its memory cost. If you do that, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost of the played Digimon's play cost or less.
---
[Security] You may play 1 black Tamer card from your hand without paying its memory cost. Then, add this card to your hand.

I love these cards. Especially since EX02 Justimon: Blitz Arm (presuming they don't print a new one) is this card:

quote:

[When Digivolving] Activate 1 of the following effects:
・This Digimon gets +2000 DP for the turn.
・Unsuspend this Digimon.
・Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost of 5 or less.
[When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) For each Tamer you have in play, activate this Digimon's [When Digivolving] effect.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

drrockso20 posted:

Wouldn't being able to evolve for free be a good trait though?

It's a rookie, they almost always evo for free. The only notable thing about this new card is it can evo off of any Xros Heart digitama.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
And Angie mitigates the mechanic's downside! She seems like a guaranteed 4-of in Xros Heart, honestly probably a 4-of in any digixros deck.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I like Bloomlordmon a lot

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

Oh hey, and literally the day after I point out we know nothing in green we get cool green cards! And Bloom Lordmon was my third choice after Tamers and Olympus XII. He also seems cool.

Edit: Wezen Gammamon confirmed for the next set. He's of the exact same mold as the other Gammamon evos, but this one has Piercing.

We got more than just WezenGammamon, we got Canoweissmon tonight, too.

quote:

Canoweissmon
Ultimate | Vaccine | Sky Dragon
[Digivolve: 3 from Lv.4 if name contains [Gammamon]]

[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When one of your Tamers becomes suspended, this Digimon gets +2000 DP for the turn. Then, if this Digimon has 12000 DP or more, this Digimon gains <Security Attack +1> for the turn.

[All Turns] This Digimon gains all effects of the cards in this Digimon's digivolution cards with [Gammamon] in their name.
-----
[All Turns] This Digimon gains all effects of the cards in this Digimon's digivolution cards with [Gammamon] in their name.

The way the level 4s work makes a lot more sense with this guy in mind. I'm curious what the level 6 is going to be, and also when we're going to get it. I'm thinking probably BT11, but I honestly have no idea.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

I didn't see him last time I looked, which is a pity because wow. Suddenly the various other Gammamon forms (and Hiro's effect) make significantly more sense even if most of the time it's mostly just going to have Blitz, but then again Blitz hypothetically up the entire line hypothetically is a nasty thing to pass on... It also makes me more interested in LaMortmon and Thetismon, I doubt they'll be exact mirrors since Jimba Angoramon doesn't have a proper effect but I am curious as to whether their respective partners are as laser focused in supporting them as well. I'm not EXPECTING them to be in BT10, but there are still undisclosed Level 5s in Blue and Green...

As for his Ultimate form I'm still banking on something like "Polarismon" and I suspect they're going to make a wholesale Ghost Game set down the line somewhere, sometime, maybe as EX3? And for it being properly revealed, whenever the next Ghost Game dim cards I expect.

Emphasis mine. Neither was I, and yet here they are.

quote:

[When Digivolving] Suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon
[End of Attack] [Once Per Turn] When this digimon deletes an opponent's digimon in battle, unsuspend this Digimon
[When Attacking] Lose 2 memory if you don't have a tamer

quote:

Tethysmon
[When Digivolving] If you have 6 or less cards in hand, <Draw 2>
[When Atttacking] [Once Per Turn] If you have 8 or more cards in hand, discard 2 to unsuspend this Digimon

So this is interesting. Lamortmon is pretty big for its level and can unsuspend, you want to have Ruli for Angoramon plays anyway so his downside doesn't matter much. On the other hand, no inheritable. Neither does Tethysmon, for that matter, and for once they actually gave Blue Unsuspend a cost (granted, one that is subverted pretty trivially, but it's still not FREE like it normally is.)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Larryb posted:

I’m assuming that next week’s episode is just a clip show but the live action preview was interesting at least

This is what I'm thinking, too. The narrator's commentary during the preview just screamed clip show.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Yellow has stuns now? Neat.

I can’t say the whole line is hugely strong, but it’s interesting design

I got to thinking about this a bit after I first saw these cards, but when are red, green, and purple going to get actual defensive tools? With blockers being largely irrelevant these days, they're just sitting ducks. I guess purple has a ton of removal.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Green has access to stun in Rafflesimon and effects that keep cards suspended, red has a good deal of removal, and they both have a focus on getting pieces off the board by just attacking them.

Rafflesimon is really outdated at this point, but I can at least kinda see the argument for the effects that keep cards suspended. I think my issue there is that effect is rare. Like, you can see it on Argomon Lv6, MegaGargomon, and I guess Puppetmon, and that's it. Meanwhile, Yellow has a whole line of Security Attack -1 and a bunch of recovery, Blue has stun for days, and Black...well, black supports its blockers, I guess.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

drrockso20 posted:

Sounds to me that is more a matter of blockers needing a buff in some form than anything

This is also a valid solution, yeah.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

Welp, the first secret rare of BT10 has been revealed! And it's...

https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1522176782178283520

Kinda underwhelming. It's no doubt extremely helpful if you're playing a dedicated Xros Heart deck, but it's a little sad this is a Secret Rare.

Thetoughestbean and I have been talking in discord, and we both agree that this honestly isn't that helpful in a Xros Heart deck. It recurs resources from Trash, but Xros Heart doesn't really discard anything. From my perspective, the only thing this card would actually recur is X4 or anything that actively dies, and I don't think it's THAT important.

That said, it's another level 4 with a Shoutmon name, so that's useful, if nothing else.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Translation posted:

RedVegiemon BT10-047 C
Champion | Virus | Vegetation

Translation posted:

Mushroomon
Rookie | Virus | Vegetation

And most importantly, especially for Bloomlordmon, there's a new Palmon:

Translation posted:

Palmon
Rookie | Data | Vegetation

[On Play] Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Add 1 card that contains [Plant] or [Vegetation] in its traits and 1 card with [Fairy] in its traits among them to your hand. Place the remaining cards at the bottom of the deck in any order.

Speaking of, there's a translation update for Ajatarmon and Bloomlordmon (they can grab Plants now):

Translation Update posted:

Ajatarmon
Ultimate | Vaccine | Vegetation

[Main] (Once per turn) By suspending 1 of your green Digimon, you may play 1 Digimon **that contains [Plant], [Vegetation] or [Fairy] in its traits with 3000 DP or less from your hand without paying its memory cost.
-----
Inherited:[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When one of your Digimon becomes suspended by an effect, gain 1 memory.

Translation Update posted:

Bloomlordmon BT10-057 SR
Mega | Vaccine | Fairy

[When Digivolved] You may suspend 1 of your Digimon. Then, for each of your suspended Digimon that contains [Plant], [Vegetation] or [Fairy] in its traits, gain 1 memory. When you gained 2 memory or more with this effect, unsuspend this Digimon and this Digimon gains <Piercing> for this turn.

[Your Turn] For every 2 of your suspended Digimon, this Digimon gains +2000 DP and <Security Attack +1>.

I'm so, so happy about that Palmon. I've been waiting for a good searcher for green decks since I started playing.

The Golux posted:

Unrelated, but I've been playing the game with basically starter decks so far, though I have bought plenty of cards I can't make up my mind on how to actually build my own deck/what kind of deck I want to build. Do you guys have any suggestions?

It helps to have an idea what you want to build. We can give advice once you know what you're trying to do.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Keep in mind that prerelease for the next set is in two weeks. The current meta is about to be shaken up quite a bit.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
There's a new Blastmon too, so Lilithmon is almost guaranteed.

Translation posted:

Blastmon BT10-070 U
Mega | Vaccine | Mineral / Bagra Army

<Rush>

[On Play] If this Digimon has 3 digivolution cards, <Blitz>.

[Opponent's Turn] (Once per turn) When your opponent's digimon attacks, by trashing 1 of this Digimon's digivolution cards, delete 1 of your opponent's level 4 or lower Digimon.

I'm thinking Yuu will have an effect to place sources under digimon, otherwise Blastmon's on play is impossible to trigger.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

quote:

Brachiomon
Ultimate/Data/Longneck

quote:

DemiMeramon
In-Training | Flame

Inherited: [Your Turn] While a non-red card is in this Digimon's digivolution cards, it gets +1000 DP.

quote:

Cherrymon
Ultimate | Virus | Vegetation

<Digisorption -2>
[Opponent's turn] (Once per turn) When your opponent's Digimon attacks, you may switch the target of the attack to one of your suspended Digimon.
I'm so happy about Cherrymon. This is the sort of defensive card green needs, especially given Shivamon and Bloomlordmon. Plus, searchable off Palmon.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I like that Lotosmon. Shame her reveal is going to be completely overlooked thanks to Jesmon GX.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

The effect takes place before your turn ends. So, if you play Sistermon Ciel and go memory negative, you can still do an evolution for the evolution cost, even though normally your turn would be over before you could evolve.

Say you have two memory, and then evolve a level 5 into Gankoomon X. You go to negative two memory, and use Gankoomon X’s ability to play Ciel. Ciel’s effect would let you evolve Jesmon GX, putting you to -7 memory. You resolve GX’s effect, then your turn finally ends

It's even better. If you have the proper setup (and this is some highroll poo poo right here), you can digivolve a level 5 into starter deck Gankoomon, use his effect to play Sistermon Ciel from trash and dedigivolve an opponent's digimon, use Ciel to evolve into Gankoomon X (effectively free with Ciel's memory gain), use his effect to play another Sistermon Ciel, THEN you can go into GX. (For an even higher highroll, put BT6 Gankoomon under GX with its effect to blow up the board, too)

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 10, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Sistermon Ciel wasn’t a decision made the dubbers iirc.

I dunno, I find the weird localization to be part of the charm

It's going to be very funny if we get the new Ciel as Sistermon Noir.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'd be pretty happy if the Data line lets us have Rusty.

Also if the game's release meant new Tyrannomon support for the card game, that'd be cool.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

And annoyingly Chimeramon is a data type so we that may get in the way of my hoped for Deltamon-Chimeramon-Mugendramon line.

As for Tyranomon they can go Master Tyrano-DinoRexmon if they want to.

I guess DinoRexmon is an option, yeah. I think it goes MasterTyrannomon regardless of what the Mega is.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sleeping Sigma posted:

MasterTyrannomon is Vaccine (edit: in the reference book, but it's Data in World), so I'm thinking Triceramon is the Data perfect.

Regarding Deltamon, it is in game, but you cannot see it's health bar to know if it's enemy or player.

I mean, I guess? The problem is, what's the point of choosing Tyrannomon for the Adult stage if you aren't going to go down the Tyrannomon line beyond that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

Tyranomon is part of the very first batch of Digimon in the entire franchise, much like Agumon and Greymon, and has been the face of the franchise for the 20th anniversary. It has significant value for the franchise outside of being a Tyranomon. It's also very physically similar to Agumon, even as a child I thought it was a logical evolution (admittedly influenced by getting it in Digimon World, but still).

I feel like this is all the more reason not to just include Tyrannomon as a single stage. It's BECAUSE Tyrannomon is important to the franchise that they should go down a dedicated Tyrannomon line.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

It could still do that. :shrug:

I'm just making assumptions based on the Karma system mapping to specific attributes. If Harmony=Data and the champion is a Data type shouldn't the Perfect and Mega be Data as well?

Yeah, it's reasonable. I dunno, I'm probably making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is.