Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Play Skullgirls, it's good fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Every Nuclear Throne owner, if I recall correctly, will get second copy for free on January 1.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

VideoGames posted:

i did some multiplayer starbound with my bestie. he found a guitar and i found a trumpet. we spent a good half hour standing over a canyon playing those instruments like loving badasses.

Eonwe posted:

timg please my work monitor sucks
There you go.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If you have Origin accounts, check your transactions and poo poo. Found out, thankfully not the hard way, that accounts are being charged with others' purchases, some people got accounts locked when petitioning for refund.

http://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/2qrfjt/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/2quxal/psa_if_origin_has_charged_you_for_a_game_you/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm probably snowflake gamer, but I seem to live in alternate universe where Origin support is garbage but Steam support is quick and efficient, and not dumb.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

The one time I needed to contact steam support they were quick and efficient also, and fairly sensible. I lost my account password and username so they just asked me for a photo of the copy of HL2 I'd registered the account with, including CD key. Got the account within a day or so.
I've also had only account/store-related issues. I don't think through all dozen or so tickets I've made I had one I did wait more than 4 business days for the issue to be resolved.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

axleblaze posted:

Origin is still a thing?
Yes, mainly due to how widespread is the scorn of a few particular EA games.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Numerous reasons did gave me neither time or money to play things released in 2014.

2014: what I liked:
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls was fun with friends.
ArcheAge with commies on Korean server was fun.
Elite: Dangerous is cool with goons.

2015: looking forward to:
Getting done with my wishlist and some other games done.
HoMM 3 HD Ed., Hotline Miami 2

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

totalbiscuit is an rear end cancer tard but i like him because LP people hate him with a passion lol

http://i.imgur.com/nd6QBt9.jpg
Wow, how did I miss this. :allears:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Considering how much of an idiot he is, it's really remarkable how often he gets into situations where he isn't the dumbest guy in the room
I like drama on Internet.

quote:

Today you may see Storifys floating around trying desperately to prove that I maliciously ruined a charity stream (for a charity I am partnered with). These Storifys will not include the initial reaction of the streamer in which he flipped out and insulted me and I doubt they will include many if any of the 300+ people who within the hours following, sent threats of violence, insults and as many wishes as possible that the cancer get me quickly. They will I'm sure include the tweets in response in which I call them crazy and stupid for these threads and their reaction. I stand by those statements 100%. These are people who have constructed a narrative in their heads in which I am a villain. They know very little of me of course, only what they've been told. Maybe they read that stupid SA post from 8 years ago, practically a lifetime on the internet and made their assumptions there. Maybe they just believe in the guilty by association fallacy and have ignored the focus on ethics and condemnation of harassment that has been going on for YEARS on my channel.

I remember the day in which I said publicly that I was pro Gamergate, it was accompanied by an image that said this "I support women in gaming, I condemn harassment, I am against biased and corrupt games journalism". What pushed me off the fence? A dell employee crazy enough to call everyone involved in the hashtag as "worse than ISIS". As John Clees said, the biggest enemy of any extremist is the moderate. As the insanity went on more and more people came off the fence because of just how awful people were being. I have during this entire thing never engaged in harassment, but I've certainly received a great deal of it and for what? Speaking out about the same things I've been saying since my Mailbox videos in 2011? That games media can do a better job at being less incestuous? Disclosing its friendships? Maybe not writing about people you live with without telling people first? Not treating your readers like idiots? Not claiming "oh yeah we don't accept gifts from publishers" before taking pictures of giant expensive custom flags that you hung on your wall, or selling off custom Bayonetta gun models on ebay for your own personal profit? I get it man, games media doesn't pay that well unless you're big on Youtube but lemme tell you this, honesty costs nothing. But yes that great crime and yesterday for promoting a stream for a charity with whom as of last month I have an OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP WITH, I was bombarded with threats and even had an irrelevant ex-NFL player demand that games developers following him seriously reconsider working with our company.

Let me tell you Chris why companies work with us. Because we have a 5 year history of professionalism, honesty and fairness. With that we were able to build an audience that eclipses the vast majority of traditional games media and that is only going to grow come 2015. Youtube has outpaced traditional games media to the point where its relevance, at least when it comes to reviewing or even previews, is becoming more tenuous by the day. Those who do not adapt to this change in media consumption will surely fall by the wayside. Those of us did well, we are where we are now. Somehow, I doubt that 5 years of building relationships with these companies and proving time and again that they can trust us to do a good job, is going to be undone by your online warbling. It might however, make developers think twice before working with you, knowing that you are such a volatile public person whose priority seems to be a misguided political agenda built on falsehood and wilful misrepresentation of the facts. Not a spokesperson I would personally engage with for my company, certainly not.

I thoroughly condemn the idea that my followers and viewers are horrible people who would engage in harassment. I accept the obvious, that in such a huge group there will be some assholes and I also accept the reality that I can do nothing about that. I will not apologise for things I did not do or provoke, I will not apologise for defending my audience. Feel free to do the appropriate mental gymnastics to justify your horrendous abuse, if you were one of the ones who perpetrated it. Despite how hurtful yesterday was, I'm kind of glad it happened. It exposed some of these people for what they truly are. Vicious, deluded, self-righteous abusers. If someone like that tells you you are part of a hate group, tell them to look in a mirror.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KoldPT posted:

at least jim sterling's just a personality, total biscuit is like that all the time

can you imagine being married to that kind of person

jfc
To be fair they have this Russian "two boots form a pair" thing going on for them, if I remember well the details of Starcraft drama involving TB's wife.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lucca Blight posted:

What was the drama?
So, ATC is Acer TeamStory Cup (SC2 tournament), Genna is TB's wife, Take (Dennis) is chief of TaKeTV, organizer of ATC. Axiom is TB's (legally Genna's, back then) Starcraft 2 team.
  • Axiom announces they can't afford the travel costs to attend the ATC offline finals.
  • The StarCraft community (mainly TL in this instance) got mad, giving Axiom poo poo for dropping out so close to the tournament date.
  • Genna makes a long blog post outlining the reasons they dropped out and the measures they took to try and prevent in in the first place. This includes chat logs with Take where Take mentions that he will try (unsuccessfully) to get more money from Acer to assist Axiom with travel costs.
  • According to Genna, Take sent Genna angry messages concerned that her posting the chat logs between them would paint Acer (his sponsor) in a bad light and vaguely threatens some kind of legal action.
  • Genna resigns.
That's kind-of short and vague description. For the long version you can read Genna-1, Genna-2, Dennis, end. While it came down to a relatively calm settlement, the initial shitstorm was amazing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

axleblaze posted:

That all sounds incredibly boring.
That's because it's aftermath company/company perspective and a cautiously made description of events. It gets way better when you read stuff from when most people knew nothing and just started throwing poo poo at the fans. Looking up all the discussion threads is :effort: so I ended up just giving brief overview and not some "LMAO!!111" material.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

In games' news, latest flavour of abuses in Destiny is pulling out network cable for a bit. Apparently that makes the most difficult boss in game easy.

It's not like anyone plays that crap either way.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lucca Blight posted:

Thank you for typing that all up.
I copied it from elsewhere mostly, but you're welcome.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hubris.height posted:

what is the first jrpg that will be speed runned during agdq or did i already miss it
I think the first and only JRPG run will be Final Fantasy VII, it's like 4th run before the end of AGDQ. Maybe there's something else, check yourself - I haven't memorized all JRPGs out there.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

https://www.instant.ly/report/54a985dde4b0cea5d72c8c2a
reddit star citizen survey of 2988 people, some observations:
  • 97% male and almost as many people specified a joke gender as female
  • 15% have spent $1000-9999 on star citizen
  • 5% of that group did so while making <$10k/year
  • 59% want it to feature nudity for some reason
  • 41% have "complete" confidence it will be a great game on release, 49% have "high" confidence

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Davincie posted:

nude spaceships?
I'm not even going to pretend that I get most of these people.

Edit:

univbee posted:

well poo poo, now you made me remember that someone on their forums was legit-asking for authenticity in their piracy and have the ability to rape the crew of the ship they took over :suicide:
:stonk:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yup, 47 hours in my kicks still are hit or miss.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Don't know about you guys, I prefer Metro/Witcher/Stalker looks to Broderlands/WoW/whatever acid colours your eyesights crave.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

euphronius posted:

Huh it got really good reviews. It just seemed so obnoxious I thought it would be terrible. But I am maybe too old for game.s
:lol: if you think that game reviews are meaningful and if you trust whatever reviews you read or watch.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Similarly, I tend to stick with raw or live footage.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gas.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

E: nvm.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kewpuh posted:

are you taking the gas chamber challenge
I don't know what it is so no.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yea, looked it up after posting. Certainly not my cup of tea.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drink coca cola over hard drinks, it defuses stomach.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jon Do posted:

Actually my idea of dead broke? 5 guys standing in a circle in the parking lot, passing around a $8 fifth of Skol until it's gone. As fast as possible. Warm. Those were the days.
This needs to be accompanied with Lithuanian smoking.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jon Do posted:

Do newports and blunts of reggie count?
Newports count. Smoking "Lithuanian way" is to have like a single cigarette for bunch of people and letting it go circle with everyone drawing once and passing to the next guy. I have no idea what are blunts of reggie, so can't say about that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stux posted:

hello i hope everyone had a nice weekend, i spent it playing more dragon age inquisition because apparently it is like crack to me
I agree that it kills your mind.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Von Linus posted:

Sounds like someone got turned down by Cassandra. :-(
Sorry, I don't play it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elves seem to be scum everywhere, except Witcher.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Is Bowser racist?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hubris.height posted:

here we go strap yourselves in
My body is ready. :suspense:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ArfJason posted:

I what

Please do not ship me with widestancer, my terminal illness is punishment enough
He is your terminal illness. :3:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Total War: WARHAMMER.
:stare:
My body is ready.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ahundredbux posted:

If its not the shooting warhammers with the funny orks, whats the point?
Don't be a snob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone give me a link to the Destiny thread?
galtse.cx

• Locked thread