Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
On the one hand, Solid, KLK's not the next AOT but it's a decent little worker of a cartoon and it acquits itself without too much hassle (Except that scene of course because, frankly we can't even begin to have a discussion about that without everyone turning into children who mistake 'six' for 'sex' and make childish oh'ing when anyone says it) and I can think of worse new show choices right now what with Viz's Sailor Moon being a visual shitheap.

On the other, this is rather ballsy to put on at 2330, and I would have thought it would have been the replacement show for GL as part of that Aniplex block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I get it was a reruns half-block but still that's about half of Toonami's runtime (and Bebop, the thing that was the DBZ of Adult Swim Action) gone for reruns of KoTH and such.

I want to be positive about this but it's very hard to be positive for something that was bisected by a company that has had history of acting up in this regard.

Oh well, at least Ben 10 and other such CN Detrius (Did we really need to reair Beware the Batman or IGPX?) won't stank the place up. With it's last means of any traction on CN, it's dead, forgotten and gone.

I only hope Toonami isn't following it.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 28, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Bebop being gone, besides that small stint where the rights went from Bandai to Funi, is a hell of a sour note.

Granted, that's the same show running the 26 episdoes for over 10 years but like I've said, it was to [Adult Swim] what DBZ was to OG Toonami.

TwoPair posted:

Well don't I look dumb, that's a hell of a lot better than I figured it'd be doing. Also I'm really surprised to see as much of a drop between Naruto and Inuyasha as there is, seeing as Inuyasha was such a draw back in the day. But then again The Final Act's plot (or lack thereof) is kind of a total clusterfuck so I guess I do kind of get it.
Viz dragging their feet on allowing [AS] to air it certainly didn't help affairs.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 28, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It could be something else like CN or WS trying to hoist something the Toonami Brass didn't want on the block

For example, I could see them trying to punt all of Ben 10 on there the same way IGPX, Beware The Batman and Thundercats were on there. Only thing being that Ben 10 all said clocks in at an arse destroying 230 episodes which would mean having that on there for Five Years (4.4, technically speaking but between movies and the like it would be five) and when they said no CN/WS told them to drop the rerun block.

Course that is all very tinfoil hat sort of theory, for all we know, the ratings just didn't support the price of the shows being rerun (was CN's Bandai Bebop contract anulled when Funi took the reigns, for example?)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Like I said, it's only Tinfoil guessing given how the 3.30 - 6.00 slot isn't that coveted ratings wise.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 28, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Gaunab posted:

So is Adult Swim becoming a refuge for failed adult aimed animated shows? They picked up poo poo down and Shut Up and now they're airing Unsupervised. Are we going to see Chozen in a few months?

To a certain extent it's always been. Hell, until the bisection, Toonami was looking to go that way for action cartoons with reruns of IGPX, Thundercats, Beware The Batman, the verious anime that aired else where (Black Lagoon, Gurren Lagann) and everything.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

AAAAAWWWWW poo poo, NIGGA!

Wait, they put Boondocks into the lineup? :haw:

MrAristocrates posted:

Is it ever stated it has anything to do with being above ground? Because I always thought forcing the humans underground was just to limit population growth.

Of course, only seven years isn't a lot of time to realistically increase that, but I assumed the show was just fudging the math there.
I was always under the impression that the number ment Humans alive at any one time under or overground and for as long as Lordgenome was doing things the Beastmen stomping around in mechs, causing cave ins, killing any human who made it to the surface and other situations like forcing people topside to do the Long Walk like Rossiu's Village is what kept the populace at "Acceptable" levels.

Like if one village was growing too much or the number was getting close to the limit he'd just make the beastmen stomp some more until it went down.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 1, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

HorseRenoir posted:

Kill La Kill owns and watching goons get flustered over Kill La Kill owns too :dukedog:

And if it's anything like how goons watched SAO it will mean that everyone is going to start humping Naruto Shipuden's leg seemingly out of pure spite.

I await the sheer insanity that is going to be the response to that scene because that will be something to behold.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 8, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm sorry, what?

Apparently SAO made IGPX (the show that was basically the death knell for Toonami mk 1) the best thing ever.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

SAO is good, you guys are crazy

Didn't say it was bad ("Fun" is how I'd go with it). Just that the thread went spare anytime it was on as will probably happen with KLK (another show I'd describe as such to a point).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
People calling anime dead because it isn't exactly Bebop?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oh. there's that passive aggressive poo poo that I had wish WS had grown the gently caress out of.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You know, I'm totally going to get poo poo for this and I really don't care. The running gag with Silica and that plant monster to the point where it's growing wings for it to be a thing is legitimately funny.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Grimace posted:

Girl saves (almost) entire bank from crazy gunman robber, bank looks on at girl in horror. Girl is traumatized and plays online video games with guns.
Sadly that's the one thing SAO didn't play up for the camera. Japan's kinda hosed backwards in terms of this sort of poo poo.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Wasn't airing movies for a month part of what got the block castrated in the first instance?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

HGH posted:

When will we get Boruto on Toonami?

When the dub of Sailor Moon Stars airs.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
No remix of Shovel Knight theme?

Williams Street, I....I trusted you guys.

MrAristocrates posted:

this is the best game ever made

I get that's supposed to be Paz (which is incredibly hosed up now that I think about it) but those foxes are from somewhere and I can't quite put my finger on it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh I get that gag, I mean those foxes look like they're from some other show or something.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Really nice work on the Ident Package. I really liked the One Piece defaulting to OG Toonami, The video fuckups and it lingering on the [adult swim] end card for just slightly longer than comfortable.

How long is intruder II said to go on for? Cause if it's going to get "worse" and for an extended period of time then we could go full blown Too Many Cooks before the end of this.

It kinda sucks they won't get to Ragyo before the end of this cause you could get some real Infomercial level nonsense out of her.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 15, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

It should end on December 19.

Man the 12th ident package is just going to be all done by Everdraed, isn't it?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Speaking of, and I can't tell because of the modulation, is that Sonny putting on Blum's voice or vice verca?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I want to say that's a Gundam Era but I could be wrong.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

jesus, you ain't fuckin' kidding

To ask this is inviting disaster but how are they going to make it worse for next week?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just watching the bumper set.

Wow, they messed us up good, didn't they? :unsmigghh:

Waffleman_ posted:

There's no way we're coming out of Intruder 2 unscathed, and it's looking highly likely that we're going to be coming out of this with a new SARA, a la Intruder 1 and TOM.

Nevermind the block, I think insomnia medicine company shares are gonna skyrocket!

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 29, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just watch, every time someone official brings it up before the 17th the text gets garbled and replaced with Zaglo text.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 29, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I read up on that whole mess. It's as utterly retarded as it sounds.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'd rather they Space Dandy SAO: Progressive myself.

Kirito comes off as so much more of a dork in that series and it has significantly more Argo which is a bonus.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 29, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So I was watching the bumps to see if there wasn't any hints and at the 4th bump (presumably episode 2's opening) you can hear some noise between the standard static including what sounds like a cat(?!) and at the end of the bump between the title of the show and the final [adult swim] caption, you can hear someone (female) cry out "Oh no!".

Given the video quality (such as it is) just proceeds to go completely to hell after that. Is that when SARA is taken offline?

I know, pure :tinfoil: for a metafictional strand package, but the heck with it, it's fun.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wait, we're getting more dandy too?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

(That guy also has records of the inter-show bumps they've been running during the event, which have been getting progressively more hosed-up and hellish as the TIE goes on)

So do you think we've hit rock bottom with last week or are we going to just keep going until it makes "Unedited Footage of a Bear" seem quaint in comparison?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Man, never mind SARA, that Alarm Klaxon in the bumpers is a real trooper, it's clearly a write off and it's still going!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just saw the new bumps;

All I can think of is that old [as] card about Computrons :haw:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Ask Kishimoto how being free of Naruto is working out for him. Really, ask.

they're planning a next generation sequel series :unsmigghh:
Yeah, I think I'll live just getting the GNs for MHA. Not going to download jump if it keeps stagnating with this pap.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
A moment of silence for the Klaxon, it did its job to the very end.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Baal posted:

That he is not a part of at all

Oh. Oh good. It's one of THOSE.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Swing in the dark, anime club too?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hopefully this won't end up being like the last time Toonami was on Terra Firma.

Crabtree posted:

Are they shacking up at Moltar's old place?!

It does look like the ol' ghost planet industries place doesn't it?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

i've noticed a compass readout at the bottom of the bumps

apparantly Parnack's moon either rises or sets in the South-Southwest

[Name]-[#] is always just a placeholder name that they give planets in a system during the initial discovery survey, the real name comes later when someone has a reason to give a poo poo about what's on the surface

usually named after the guy who did the discovery survey or the system star

see also: LV-426, Fiorina-161, Yavin 4, Aegis VII, Altair IV

Frieza Planet 419

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

J.A.B.C. posted:

Either they end up finding old 'Space Ghost' clips, or the next bumper series is TOM running into TOM-4's remains.

Either way, here's to a new year of anime.

Just watch, Tom's gonna find Space Ghost's Copy of Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

• Locked thread