Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

majormonotone posted:

Someone was paid for this, and that someone is Roger Harvell of Greenville, South Carolina.

Makes sense he'd be upset. Greenville is right in range of those Soviet MRBMs in Cuba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Acid Haze posted:

Yeah you're right. I always get those two mixed up in my head somehow. The lazy one and the hateful one.

Well next time spring for a box of condoms instead of pulling out the one you've held in your wallet for 5 years because no one would touch you, you CHUD.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I love how this makes no sense. How does easy access to birth control lead to more unwanted pregnancies? Also does the man in this cartoon have no agency? Was he forced to have unprotected sex with this woman? Also, if the problem with Obamacare is that the website doesn't work, does that imply it will be fine once the technical problems are fixed? What is the basic statement supposed to be here?

Obamacare helps enable women to be the sex having sluts they always wanted to be making us poor sex-necessitating men into helpless victims. Our penises being sucked into that virus ridden vagina vortex that hides betwixt every vixen.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Samurai Sanders posted:

I love the quotes in this article because of how carefully and diplomatically they have to say that maybe their party leadership shouldn't hang out with the KKK.

It's almost as though if your election is dependent on the influence of a hate group that you might not be running on the correct ideas.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Pththya-lyi posted:

Day by Day fans loooove women

e: this came up just as I finished screen-capping the first one

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

1. What is the guy doing with a rock up his rear end?
2. So bring back the inquisition?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Garrand posted:

As much as people like to throw this around, the reason this became a thing was because somebody was rejected after they scored well above average and the PD don't want to have to train someone just for them to get bored and move on to something better paying.

Truly the smart people are the oppressed class of America.

As a MENSA member I will organize a march for next week. As soon as my membership quiz gets sent out and I receive my membership card and Subway discount coupon in the mail.

And it is a pretty reasonable method, but that can have an effect on the final candidates. And a lot of departments are already scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is as most worth their salt will probably get picked up by something else during the year or so long application process.

It's basically jury duty, if you can find no reason to get out of it...

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Academic Loss of Freedom

"Where the hell did I put my car keys?"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Saint Sputnik posted:

What happens when they fill that little red bar, they meet their goals for abortions and then what? Planned Parenthood's sinister Phase Two?

It levels up and Obama will be able to use his Hanger +1 of Wounding.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Why is the beach ordering a margarita?

Maybe its a sand witch.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

loquacius posted:

Yes, clearly the largest problem with this cartoon is the computer visual gag

No, the problem is that Guantanamo doesn't give out novelty t-shirts to inmates.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I forgot that Clinton had sex with Ms. Lewinski when she was underage and/or raped her. Why did I forget about that? Seems like it'd be a pretty big part of the scandal.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

El Scotch posted:

Old man Kirschen is going to be so smug. :smithicide:

Probably close to the worst part of this whole affair. But honestly how much pull does this guy's comic get outside of Israel?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

"gently caress this guy, not for what he did, but for the inevitable cartoonist response"?

Yeah, the cartoon will be the worst part, not the dead people. What is wrong with you?

Welcome to the political cartoon thread. Where we talk about political cartoons.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

WitchFetish posted:

Uhmmm yes, you might even say 4 dead people murdered in their office for expressing haram thoughts is only a minor issue, and the real problem is how a senile old israeli will react, furthermore

So only one bad thing can result from a tragedy? Thanks, good to know.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rorus Raz posted:

First off, nobody said it was minor. Just that there is going be a wave of anti-Muslim rhetoric coming from this, and in the past this has caused violence against Muslims or even just people who resemble Muslims.

Second, Kirschen isn't a senile old man just shouting into the void. Yes, in a world that made sense he'd be the greeter at an Israeli Wal-Mart making the guys collecting the carts uncomfortable with his racist ranting, but instead he's a fairly prominent cartoonist with influence. He has raised over $25,000 in a vile campaign to further dehumanize Palestinians and harass the so-called "traitor Jews" that support them.

Yes, it is horrible that people died for expressing themselves, and there is going to be a chilling effect on what certain people can write or say because the companies they work for don't want to rock the boat. But I guarantee you in the coming days that ISN'T going to be a contentious opinion. Meanwhile, "Muslims are people too." will goddamn certainly be a controversial opinion to have. Because we live in a lovely world where a bigoted crank with literally no talent can make a living being a hateful old poo poo.

So basically gently caress you forever.

Basically. Not only is this argument ridiculous, its based on something that was never said.

If you want to have an argument with yourself then open up notepad and start typing so we don't have to read it.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Bicyclops posted:

If it's one thing that shuts down a business, it's being called out on their bigotry. Why, just look at what happened to Chick Fil-A and Hobby Lobby!

Worked for Paula Deen though.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Wow, this guy's geography is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off! The giant camera is based in Michigan!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Kurtofan posted:

To avoid people fleeing to Government Free Canada.

But how do they keep people from fleeing to the magical land of Sea Germany?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

JT Jag posted:

Comedy Central's offices received bomb threats and the episode has been censored ever since. Ironically, as the episode was about how censorship is dumb.

Think he was referring to the one where Muhammed was part of a superhero team. Or was that one about censorship too? I thought it was about David Blaine starting a cult?

That was in the late 90s. But yeah post 9/11 I don't think they've aired it again have they?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Maybe the extremists only get really salty about it if it is intended to be disrespectful as opposed to just a caricature? I know that it's haram either way but maybe they let it slide if you aren't specifically trying to troll Muslims.

Perhaps, or maybe it was post 9/11 that really galvanized that part of Islam? I really couldn't say.

I was about to reference the fatwah on Salman Rushdie but that was from the Shi'ite side so not sure if that'd be relevant.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

Or it could be that since 2001 we've seen a massive growth in Internet penetration and dialog services (eg Twitter) both allowing more people to see what they deem to be offensive and allowing them to give voice to the fact they are offended.

Nah, don't be ridiculous.

alnilam posted:

9/11 really did change everything...

It changed the commemorative plate and coin game, that's for sure.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Exclamation Marx posted:

This guys a freakin idiot

Do cartoonists use a special kind of pen like this or did Bennet start drawing a pen and then forget he was drawing a pen?

How is that pigeon going to peck at bread crumbs without a beak? :ohdear:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Republican Congress starts dismantling the progress built over the years under Obama who attempts to maintain the place with what materials he has. A good cartoon.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Not My Leg posted:

Would have put this in my last post, but it just went up on AAEC.

Truly a moving tribute.

Worst birthday cakes ever.

Although getting a gravity defying pen was pretty cool. Even if the government is now hunting me down to obtain the technology a la ET.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

Someone didn't watch Breaking Bad, I take it.

If you're sitting down it's harder to draw your gun if it's on the same side as your dominant hand, so you want to cross-draw instead. At least that's what the TV taught me, I know absolutely nothing about guns :shobon:

True, but is he going to cross draw across his back?

Edit: Would totally be Matrix crazy if he did. But if you're a cartoonist sitting in a desk chair, it makes things kinda complicated.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Exclamation Marx posted:

Urgent: Looking for 6 Cartoonists

If that is the cover they are going with then these people have got balls.

I like balls.

Edit: Oh well then.

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 9, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Between this and not attending the memorial for the recent Pakistan terror attack I bet conservatives are awful livid.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Not My Leg posted:

Is this a talking point. College is valuable because it isn't free, and Obama's plan would devalue (community) college by making it free and available to everybody.

"Aww man wouldn't it like suck if we had to go to high school for two more years!? And I just rented my tux for senior prom." - Brought to you by the Young Republicans Club of Gunthrop High.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Perhaps he could change it to Sloppy Joe?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Holy poo poo :lol:
European Even-Handedness

Our campaign is about to close
If you're gonna' join, now's the time.
http://igg.me/at/drybones
Labels: 2015, antisemitism, Boycott, Europe, France, Islamists, Jews, Occupation, Palestine, Paris, terror, terror attacks

Now those two are friends. They don't look like they'd disagree on anything nor would they commit arbitrary acts of violence against one another.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Look at that silly Jimmy Carter, thinking the attack on Charlie Hebdo was caused by the systematic marginalisation of muslim communities.

Did they add Jimmy Carter to the new Borderlands?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Grapplejack posted:

And Finally, do you think Henry had opinions on CH? You bet he did!!

Where do I need to go to get the "Absurdly Racist" ClipArt package for Microsoft Word 2003?

Alternatively: Is it a picture of two Arab caricatures or is it the messed up clay vase from the end of Ghost?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

alnilam posted:

I rode by 3 public playgrounds to get to work today :psyduck:

Next cartoon: complains about Are Tax Dollars being used for public parks in the city.

By the way, why do so many of his dialogues end in an asterisk, and there's no matching citation at the bottom :confused:

I wondered the same thing and figured that he puts the citation outside of the image and the poster didn't include them like they would the Dry Bones entries.

Either that or it's his way of indicating to the reader that the comic was written by an rear end in a top hat.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Romney bulks up in areas that didn't need bulking while completely skipping leg day leading to another nasty fall. AGC

I'd avoid eye contact with a candidate that lived in the woods and strung children up by their intestines too.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Je Suis Juif

Time for Europe's Jews to come home to Israel. Time for Europeans to understand that they are being attacked by an Islamist civilization that is bent on destroying them.
Labels: 2015, Aliyah, antisemitism, Europe, France, Islamists, Israel, je suis charlie, Jews, Paris, terror, terror attacks

So Jews are under threat in Europe so they should come to Israel? But according to Kirschen's comics Israel is constantly under threat from his overblown boogeyman.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Doonesbury was such a punk at university.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Why don't we just fund community colleges by taking advantage of the gambling addictions of the underclass? That's the American way.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Somehow looks more human and approachable than the real Mitt Romney. Like a Muppet.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Suitaru posted:

that's not the expression of a pickpocket

Can't you smell that smell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Internet Webguy posted:

The middle class is dying for Obama's tax profits.

A middle class with an already tightened belt gets screwed over by an upper class that refuses to go on a diet. A probable cartoon.

• Locked thread