Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Mister Beeg posted:

I'm legit wondering how many people are going to get the reference.

I don't get the reference, and I would be appreciative of you explaining it to me.

I am not conservative, and am mega-happy about the supreme court giving the thumbs-up to gay marriage, and I really just want to know why that drawing of Larry David wearing an Underdog t-shirt is supergood and megaswell and also okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

"You're in for it now, you loving queers! Now you're gonna get taxed, and regulated, and you're gonna be REAL SORRY you ever tried to be like us straight folks! THE REAL STRUGGLE BEGINS NOW, MOTHERFUCKERS. I WIN!!!!! STRAIGHT PEOPLE WIN!!!!! AHAHAHAHAA"

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Hitler B. Natural posted:

NO VIbES, NO bEVIS

That's a rad bloody skull emoji; wish that would pop out of my mouth every time I grumbled about something.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

MrUnderbridge posted:

Wow. That's quite a rack on Merkel. When's she going to be in DbD?

Sadly I think that's the most flattering caricature of her I've ever seen.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

It doesn't miss a beat. It's just like the old stuff. :unsmith:

Not overtly political, sure - maybe some later stuff will be. Just glad to read this.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
You realize that if Iran does, well, ANYTHING in the next 500 years they'll blame it on Obama.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

pwn posted:

That's terrific. Thank you for making this good, original thing from scratch. It brought a smile to my face.

Now for a cartoon.

God I hope Bernie wins.

He loving won't, but still.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Something very Doonesbury-esque about this artstyle.

Speaking of which - why isn't Doonesbury discussed here?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

colonel_korn posted:

Oh god yes :perfect: I especially love how Mengele's epaulets make him look like some kind of sinister Mengele drone hovering over the scene.
Next cartoon is going to show these strangers buying aborted baby parts and eating them along with some tortured veal comparison/pun.

Branco, I promise you this: your children and your children's children are going to benefit from experimenting on viable aborted tissue and they will kiss the loving ground those scientists walk on.
I'm sorry; is this cartoon trying to draw a line of hypocrisy between being for gay marriage while thinking Uber is a lovely, abusive company? If so, HOW is that a problem?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Fairly benign caricature of Bernie, but what about him at all evokes a St. Bernard? He's more birdlike than dog to me.

Then again Hillary as a rabbit makes no sense either so whatever.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

oh where oh where did that fishy go

a fish a fish a fishy oohhhh

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

don't look at it directly don't make eye contact don't loving TURN YOUR HEAD ah jeezus it's another 8 page derail

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

JT Jag posted:

I want to say that's the joke.

No no, goons are smarter than cartoonists they ruthlessly EVISCERATE on a daily basis.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Who is Nina?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

R. Mute posted:

I can't.

Well, those who can't, teach.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

:shrug:

Man, I would not gently caress this guy at ALL.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

ClownSyndrome posted:

I think a political cartoon escaped into the real world

https://twitter.com/aurosan/status/631200732788690944

Welp, that did it. I'm voting Republican now. You loving Dems can't hold a candle to this poo poo.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Democrat... BAD!!! Republican... GOOD!!!

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Deep Hurting posted:

"Hey McFly, I thought I told you never to come in here!"

God drat these guys got a rack on 'em.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

The_Other posted:

This piece was posted by Phillip M Jackson, who occasionally does some political art and has been posted here before;

This is just loving weird. Who knows why he throws Spongebob in there, but then there's the FOR SALE sign so like some deep sea bottomfeeder is going to move into the little boy's corpse? Or something? It's something from loving Deviant Art.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

I only had a short stint but in my time in the Navy I didn't meet one single officer, of any branch, that didn't loving salivate at the prospect of going to war. Every chief, senior chief and master chief would go on and loving ON about how close to danger they were they last time they deployed. The idea that any senior-ranking officer or even NCO would be happy that there's less of a chance to be a hero is loving stupid.

Now if this cartoon showed a bunch of smiling Army privates reading news about the Iran deal while sitting in an airport on their way to their first post, THEN it'd be halfway realistic.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Haha, why did he draw Dilbert's tie lying on the ground?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Fuckin' love that vulture in the lower left. Havin' a good time with Mr. Cheney!

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
edit: duhhhhh i'm five minutes late to the obvious joke ^^^

"Excuse me!? Oh no! No! No I would NEVER call you that. I said "Nooga."

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Well.

Good point.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Paladinus posted:

Even with labels I can't parse half of the object in those cartoons.

The top one is a permutation of "Thing?" "No, Other Thing!" - In this case, it's "Howsabout Thing?" "Who cares about Thing; what about Other Thing!?"

The middle is Obama trying to, for some reason, get approval from a bunch of (presumably) fellow Democrats; the second from the right on his knees is Bernie Sanders.

The last one I guess is Obama welcoming Mexican immigrants while ignoring the mass exodus in Europe.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

fade5 posted:

I'm gonna take a page from Trump, why don't you guys care more about North Korea since they've actually got nukes. Terrible and lovely ones, but it's more than Iran's got or going to get.

They're not brown enough to hate. :(

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Dr Cheeto posted:

That guy you think is Obama? It's Tony Abbott. Petty is an Australian.

Sorry! So many cartoonists exaggerate Obama's ears. In those cartoons, it looks like another crappy Obama caricature.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Trapezium Dave posted:

Here is Petty's Obama.

Even Above Average Joe Liccar's Obama is closer to the real article.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Sodom-you

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Alacron posted:

Last night I dreamt that I was murdered in a theater.

I think we had the same dream :tinfoil:

Mr. Lincoln what are you doing out of bed

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

I thought the super double secret Pope meeting was a hoax but, son of a bitch, he actually did it. Way to legitimize this piece of poo poo, Francis!

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

WitchFetish posted:

Wait, I thought the Pope was literally Jesus with a message of peace, love and tolerance so strong it literally vanquished all evil from Boehner's heart and ushered in a thousand years long liberal utopia, but now you're telling me he met with Kim Davis (aka that hick SLUT)??? What is going on?

Being clandestinely visited by such a powerful spiritual leader says a lot. It says that Francis supports her stance. The fact that the meeting was clandestine at all says that the Pope thought it would be bad PR to let everyone know that he was meeting with this bigot. And thanks to this visit, supporters of Kim Davis and those in opposition to gay equality can point to this event and say "See, even the Pope thinks Kim Davis a good person. Even he thinks gays shouldn't be allowed to marry. If she's good enough for the Pope, she's good enough for me. So there." And this is all regardless of what was actually discussed between the two. I'd love to think he sat her rear end down for ten minutes and explained in no uncertain terms she was a vile walking turd of a person and she needed strict review of the Golden Rule. I'd love to think the rosaries given to her have "Be Excellent to Each Other" inscribed in Latin on them. And as he was leaving, I'd love to think Francis did that passive-aggressive "I'll pray for you" bullshit that overly religious people do when they leave an argument.

We'll never know, and I loving hope this is the last loving time this greasy forehead of a toad emerges in the news, except for when she loses her next election.

cram me sideways fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 1, 2015

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Rorus Raz posted:

I...what?

NEVER bend. NEVER. I wanted to die in a world where the USA's ballsack was still firmly lodged in Cuba's mouth. Generations in both countries long since changed, never really understanding why there was ever an embargo or why Cuba was still yet a threat to us. My grandchildren irrationally vibrating in their cribs, unable to sleep even ten seconds without bolting awake screaming BUT WHAT THE REDS GET CASTRO

America... forever winning. Forever the victor. Ever on top of the world, screaming and beating its chest. So strong and powerful that Zeus gay-marries our Christian God in a vain attempt to marshal defense for himself once we find a way to cross the Weave Between Worlds and take over his domain, as we have much of the world. Our mighty empire, ever glowing, ever present.

But now we lost Cuba. So when a Chinaman stalks into your bedroom and cucks you in front of your wife, I loving hope you remember Cuba. I really loving hope.

cram me sideways fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 5, 2015

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Dr Cheeto posted:

Great edit, but you probably shouldn't inline bad titty drawings

Embrace the badly inlined titty drawing.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Zetsubou-san posted:

John Shakespeare

This is loving stupid. They've been saying for decades, as long as I've been alive, that processed meat causes cancer. This isn't news. This is like WHO coming out with a report RED ALERT RED ALERT CIGARETTES LINKED TO LUNG CANCER AND BAD BREATH and everyone putting on their dumbest loving faces and being amazed. Is anyone surprised or even loving worried? How many more god drat cartoons staring Silly Old Ugly Fat MIddle Aged Man weeping about sausage can there be? Why does this piss me off? Bash my loving head in with a rock, please.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

If I had any Photoshop chops I'd make Trump look like Mr. Dink and have the custom text be "Free wall along the Mexican border, Douglas! Very expensive."

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Local Hero Pat Bagley dressed up for Halloween.

Looking like The Dude is on par with "I came as myself for Halloween!!"

In fact, I just reached Peak Dude this year. Or Peak Lebowski. All of a sudden he's loving Captain Jack Sparrow in terms of popularity at the office Halloween drag contest. The Big Lebowski was a movie, and that's all it was ever supposed to be, but nerds can't stop humping poo poo that doesn't immediately reject them, or can't talk back, like movies, so here we are. Smack in the middle of an era where dressing as Jeff Bridges is shorthand for "I'm not a loving dork." HOW IRONIC THE EXACT OPPOSITE IS WHAT'S ACTUALLY TRUE

Actually, anyone over the age of 12 who dresses up for Halloween is a loving idiot. A pervert bent on supping as much approval as he or she can from their peers and betters. A creature who gains sustenance from such an act isn't human, it's positively loving primordial. They have more in common with catfish than you and I. And catfish can't run away. Or at least not yet. Make them watch The Big Lebowski enough times and their chromosomes might enact rebellion; grant them legs. Big, strong legs to carry them far away from people and their dumb ideas and movies.

I loving hate this person. I KNOW YOU DON'T CARE

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Robot Dog posted:

It's more that obsessive weirdos are drawn to mock threads, really

ahahaha

"Iiiiiii'm not weird, yoooooouuuuuuu'rrreeeeeee weird."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
DONE ESTA EL PATO BORRACHO!?!?!?