Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went to a NYW party, told four dudes in attendance they can get hosed and we're done! Then downed an entire bottle of Kettle One and got drunk as gently caress, woke up with a bitch of a hangover but feeling great. Had a steak and egg lunch, did some shopping with the lady and it was a great day. Also reconnected with a friend that I've been losing touch with and made a vow to hang out so we don't drift any further apart. Tomorrow is day 1 of work in my elevated position, we're already planning a vacation for the fall, life is good.

gently caress 2014, 2015 shall reign eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I used to put mayo on my fries before I stopped eating both.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So my store is located in an open air mall (why anyone thought this was a good idea in Indiana I will never know) with benches and seats all over. So anyways, some goober was sitting out on a bench playing traveling minstrel for some loving reason tonight, loudly braying out John Mayer songs way out of key and he couldn't even play the guitar.
Well one of my super goofy MTG regulars, I mean this guy is every nerdy gamer stereotype you can loving imagine, he goes over to the bench and asks if he can see the guitar and I'm expecting him to smash it or something in a fit of nerd rage but no! Dude licks his fingers and he plays some piece of music I don't recognize and it's loving beautiful, like Eric Clapton skills.

I had to get back inside but it was just loving magical. Dude is totally socially introverted but had to most amazing skill on that guitar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Freezing rain since 1am = hilarious number of cars in ditches and on the wrong side of the road. As I was walking across the parking lot I saw a newish Imprezza slide right through a stop sign and crunch another car.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know who'd use an iPhone?

HITLER.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

I have a windows phone from 2010 or 2011 and it works good still. Apple sucks because no torque and android crashes a lot on my tablet.

Owning an iPhone really is like driving a Prius.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Late Christmas presents are sometimes the best. I got a funky Stanley Fatmax tripod light thing from a friend and and Xbox One Kinect from another! And finally found a nice winter coat that isn't horribly bulky, great day all around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Wait, there is a 5th? I only knew that there was up to a 3rd. Who got possessed this time?

In the 4th one there's a kid with a fork that tells the loving future.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

Tirechat: When you fine people buy tires, where do you go?

Tire Barn has treated me like a prince. They even fixed a flat on a tire I didn't buy there at no charge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stuart Scott's mindset on cancer is incredibly inspiring.

“You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live.”

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rscott posted:

Was since he died yesterday :(

It's still inspiring, he may be gone but his attitude and the way he lived will continue to inspire.
Rich Eisen finding out live on the air must have been the worst way to find out your best friend has died. I didn't get to see it until well into the evening and it still made me cry like a baby.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Well, there's this thing in Indianapolis, but you probably haven't heard of it

:haw:

Why would you tell him to go to a Klan rally?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Girlfriend bought some new AirWick scents and I'm reacting very badly to them Eyes were half swollen shut when I woke up today so for the first time i years I'm wearing glasses.

Somebody just steal my lunch money and get it over with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We have three metal recycling companies in the area and all of the require you to fill out two forms and put a copy of your license on file. I dunno where the copper thieves are selling their poo poo anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A friend's older brother tried to kill himself last night. Recently his son was injured under his supervision and his wife used this in court, she was awarded full custody and he was allowed only one supervised visit per month. This is down from joint custody and having his son alternating weeks. He'd turned his life around when the boy was born, he lived for that kid. I'm told he tried to OD and still hasn't woken up. My buddy is a loving mess so I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Two things:

A: a cheap s10 with a bad motor popped up near me and all I want to do is put a 6.0 in it.
B: all I want to do is doughnuts on dry pavement with it.

So many loving cheap cars are dropping into my lap and I'm not allowed to buy any of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Boss told me today that Dec was so profitable that we qualify for profit sharing again. Sounds like I'm getting a $1000 bonus check. Plus my raise, plus the no paying rent soon. 2015 is going to be loving awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Ugh. This is the worst. This is why I'm limiting myself to jjjjjaaaagggs, rovers and British poo poo.

Maybe a tractor. I'm still hard after a Cub Lo Boy 154.

The loving dream Celica popped up 90 minutes away for $1000. Multiple b2200's, a Mazdaspeed Protege for loving peanuts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Unf. I remember bombing around in high school in my buddy's B2000. We beat the snof out of that poor truck and it kept going.

I still wouldn't mind a rwd celica

It's an 84 GTS, all black without a hint of rust on the trunk. It's not even on CL yet as the seller is a friend of a friend and the info was passed my way.

Gotta be strong. As it stands I'm fairly certain I'm going to make a run at a Focus RS or if the Mazda rumors have any truth, a MS3 or MS6.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Holdbrooks posted:

Buy the b2200!!! They are the best.

There have been more than 5 for sale. Can't decide if I want a small truck right now.

Edit: 4 for sale right now, all listings less than two weeks old.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 8, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

the only truck I will ever buy is a ute :colbert:

Good luck with that in MURICA.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Good thing you've got a good career man, finding one that's not a piece of poo poo comes with stupid price tags.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The sun is out but it's 0 loving degrees and I actually wanted to run some errands today but gently caress that!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am eagerly awaiting the next markdown on this poo poo. When it's $5 a bottle I will buy it all

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Booze is so loving cheap in Indiana, you guys have no idea. I can get a gallon of premium rum for under $20 almost anywhere these days. And if you're okay with lovely rum like Calico Jack it can be had for like $11. ELEVEN loving dollars for a GALLON of rum. Vodka tends to run even cheaper. I got two pints of election themed whiskey for $4 each a while back as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Speaking of cheap -- if anyone is looking for a set of cheap Rhino Ramps, Advance has Rhino Gear RhinoRamp MAX right now for $55 with a $20 promo code: TRT25 , taking them to $35. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/rhino-gear-rhinoramp-max-11912/10157442-P?searchTerm=rhinoramp+max

Damned cheap if you need some ramps.

Hmmm, tempting. If their stock checker worked I might do this.

Fo3 posted:

Sounds like I could afford food and booze there, unlike here.
I recently I ate for the first time in 48hrs just then. So drat tired all the time I usually can't cook, can't sleep and when I do I wake up feeling like crap and more tired. Stomach has been hurting like hell for a while, so grilled some steak, made a parsley/breadcrumb/anchovy/dijon/egg white crust to bake on the steak after grilling.
Made some mayo with the egg yolks and did a potato salad, (because I have so many potatoes, old celery and parsley, plus some bits of dill in an otherwise empty pickle jar.) It is pretty much a scrounging around type of meal besides buying cheap steak. Though when not buying booze I can buy some pantry items to make something half decent so have a fair bit to work with. The old potatoes, celery and parsley are things I bought before/for Christmas lunches dinner, they just keep for ages in my old cyclic defrost fridge.

I freely admit that I buy booze more often than food.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

Yes, but... Indiana.

Why do you think I drink so much?

BraveUlysses posted:

That's insane, the other day I bought some tequilla and I think the cheapest fifth of 100% agave tequila at the grocery store was 17 bucks after all taxes. there are some non-100% brands for less but really, gently caress those brands.

I vastly prefer beer at this point anyway.

Quitting beer and pop is 90% of why I lost 30lbs and I ain't going back. All natural lemonade and OJ with real sugar as mixers. Finding cranberry to mix with that doesn't have some sort of corn syrup is hard as poo poo.

And there's always Wal-Mart booze. $8 for the shittiest, most hangover enducing poo poo you can get.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

Because your friends are weird and terrible?

I've pretty much blown all of those assholes off, working on assembling a new team of jagoffs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Never tried it, don't want to. Frankly, it sounds like the Stella Artois of whisky.

It's nowhere near that bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jamal posted:

Try a galvatron:

1oz tequila
1oz bacardi 151
1oz whiskey

It'll gently caress you up. And is terrible.

Do you talk like Leonard Nimoy afterwards?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Local dude tracked me down via FB car group and wants to trade my 6 for his Forester THAT IS ALSO A loving SALVAGE TITLE.

Did I do something that screams "I would like a car that's been rolled and/or dropped off a cliff"?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

It's just hail damage, dude. :v:

Also you don't want a forester.

Eh, I'm open to new experiences.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

West SAAB Story posted:

How much do you like Ann DiFranco music? And flannel?

I like where this is going.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're renting an RV for my birthday and having a Breaking Bad themed bar crawl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I DON'T NEED A CDL TO DRIVE AN RV???

HELLO BEAUTIFUL

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

You aren't old enough to drive something that big!

ages 67 and up!!!

BULLHONKY.

I'm gonna buy a few pounds of blue rock candy and the party store sells paper fedoras. I need to find some hazmat suits

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey CSB, happen to know the average weight capacity of a CLass A RV? Google gives me towing capacity, I want to know how many drunks I can safely load on board.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

Depends on what its built on, but generally a megashitload.

30 people qualify?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

the winnebago tribute is rated at 23K GCVWR. that means you could haul you and about 15 of your favorite american friends.

Their diesel pushers run up to 60k GCVWR.

FWIW: my pd4104 was 26k with no one inside. rated for 30k.

Well we're not doing anything long distance, just bar hopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

You should be fine as long as its a class A. I wouldn't recommend a C.

Yeah it's Class A. We rented a 15 passenger van last year and had 23 people crammed into it by the end of the night. The initial plan was to rent a Trolley bus but they're being babies about the weather and will only rent it for 5 hours.

• Locked thread