Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My throat :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Forer posted:

Did you have to run off because you lost your voice onstream or something?

Throat dried out too much. Not even sick

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'll look at the stats around this run in 3 months and I'll proclaim a victor for this past couple hours of the thread.

The winner will receive a free shout out

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Al Borland posted:

My BYOB donation was yesterday :smith:

YOBBERS NEED NOT APPLY :coolfish:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I can see why people wouldn't like the run, but not every run is for everyone :shobon:.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Do I need an account on the Games Done Quick site to be eligible for the prizes? I pitched in $20 near the end of Magical Pop'n and wanna know if I'm able to get the repro cart or the PS4.

Nah. You should have put contact information in at some point, and the tracker automatically enters you for prizes you were eligible for.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This is a case where making the significantly slower choice would have been infinitely better for the people watching the stream. What a terrible, terrible decision, and I hope Studio reads these complaints and realizes how poo poo this is to watch.

Yeah but I don't really care since it probably won't be in another GDQ. Water under the bridge. I'm not sure what it looked like on steam.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Aw :smith:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

MrBims posted:

You actually made sure of this.

Well, lower zoom adds a significant amount of time. Like 5-10 minutes of wandering around. Unfortunate, but not every game is for a GDQ, and this is probably one of them now :v:. The patch that added this was in October.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Look there's no reason to not show it so whatever. :shrug:

Alright that's not a real argument. And people will associate the run with what they see on screen. Especially since the times may not have context, spectators will think less of runs that aren't World Rekkies.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Serperoth posted:

I'm loving this banter, dig it when the runner talks with the donation reader(?) :allears:

That's me!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Why does this run have to end :(

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Serperoth posted:

Studio, please be on the tracker for a Big Jon run at SGDQ.

Tracker or host?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Healbot posted:

oginam is pretty alright from what I've seen of his stream.

More importantly, Noobest any %

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

New PB :toot:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

1.5 million estimate.

Holy poo poo.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Zo posted:

lol the counter being stuck under $1m for so long near the end probably drove loads of people to try to push it over and unknowingly it hit 1.5m

i actually did notice that pretty much all of the donations being read out yesterday seemed to be from repeat donators (especially bad puns and stuff)

I noticed that when hosting Vanquish, but thought a select few really loved puns.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

To be fair, the box pile was there all marathon

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Doctor Reynolds posted:

So is Super Mario 64 gouache now or something? I've always enjoyed that run. I guess it's been seen a lot...

People have to actually submit.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Geight posted:

The dude who did the Boshy run at AGDQ is streaming and he was saying that bonus stream was just them hoping that they wouldn't get kicked out, and the hotel kicked them out. I figured it was just scheduled to be short!

You figured right! He figured wrong!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Oh by the way, Romscout posted that SGDQ submissions are happening in March. Sooooo, if you'd like to get a game in, start polishing now.

Personally I think I'm okay submitting Wings of Vi with my 20 hour time.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Paid quests are a donation incentive.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Serperoth posted:

I saw that on the stream but I'm so bad at most games, and don't have any consoles. :smith:
Maybe I'll be able to volunteer one year. Or get blessed with non-suckitude.

Emulation baby!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

mycot posted:

I dunno, on one hand, stuff like the fanbook involves actual money being handed around.

Don't worry, big YouTubers get handed a lot of money!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Crain posted:

Yeah, that's true.

Anyway, on the topic of future GDQ: I wonder how many more times WitWix is going to show off his Boshy run. It's very entertaining, but looking at last years and this years it's so similar. The man has his delivery down pat, which is great, but that means it's same sorta stuff. But then again we'll be seeing Metroid/Zelda/Castlevania for the rest of time as well. I just kinda hope a new game like IWBTG/B comes out for people to speedrun.

From the maker of Boshy

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

flyboi posted:

Witwix and most Boshy runners don't like Wings of Vi so it's moot at this point anyways.

Which is unfortunate because it's actually a great game and speedrun (besides the art).

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

flyboi posted:

It's a different game from Boshy / IWBTG fan-clones and the only similarity it really has is that it's frustrating to play if you aren't a masochist about platforming. It doesn't surprise me really that most Boshy runners don't like it.

Which Boshy runners by the way? I know Yagamoth and CosmicSense attached to it super hard.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Crain posted:

I wonder how hard it is to make an IWBTG style game.

http://i-wanna-be-the-guy.wikia.com/wiki/Fangames

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

flyboi posted:

Witwix and Bananasaurus Rex didn't want to play it. I do believe Rex ended up trying it at some point but doubt he went back to it. I don't think kalemandu has touched it either.

Uh, B Rex has been running the poo poo out of the game. He might have WR in the most competitive category right now. Kalemandu hasn't touched anything lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Double Bill posted:

I've been occasionally watching MANvsGAME going through this, I think he's getting close to 10000 deaths at this point. Some of the boss fights seem harder than most things in Boshy, mostly due to how loving long they are.

I watched him play for a bit. It seemed like every 3 deaths he'd just talk to the chat for a while, which kind of makes progress lovely.

• Locked thread