Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Wasn't there a way of running the streams in MPC last year? I remember it being faster and less prone Twitch's horrible lag. If anyone remembers how it works, might be worth putting in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is there a video of the last FE speedrun attempt? I feel like I have to witness this carcrash, the Double Dragon Advance run from last year wasn't enough.

Unrelated, I had no idea there was a game based on TekWar. Is it a point-and-click or sometyhing?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

This just gets better and better. Are there cutscenes with Shatner in them? Is there a donation incentive to see them? Is this all I hoped and dreamed of and more?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The Tetris Grand Master one will definitely be worth watching. I've seen speedruns of it in the past and the people performing them cannot be human. I mean, this is the kind of stuff you'd see in a TAS.

Not sure how the Isaac challenge will work though. Is it simply first floor to Mom's Heart/It Lives/Mega Satan ASAP?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So glad they're actually putting some kind of limit on the 'best FF' talk. That made the donation chat a few years back insufferable, especially with that one donation that listed 50-odd different games.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

you were saying...

At least those were all FF games, the one I was thinking of was just random games and went on for about 10 minutes straight.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Tracula posted:

Who the gently caress decided it was a good idea to give Sephiroth that doofy looking mouth?

Someone who really wanted Sephiroth to look like a blowup doll?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Only problem I had with this year's stream was that it seemed a lot more race focussed. I know it's an attempt to get more mileage out of games that are run every year, but I'd see that as an opportunity to get different games in. The horror block was a nice change from stuff we'd seen a hundred times before, I felt.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Agent355 posted:

Hate is a strong word. i don't hate him. i just don't want him to appear anywhere where I can see or hear him.

I just sincerely dislike his voice. Doesn't help that he reminds me of a self-diagnosed :spergin: weeaboo I used to know many moons ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Node posted:

The most important thing I learned this year is that if they continue with this "hype" gimmick I'm going to be unable to watch GDQ ever again.

Every *GDQ has some gimmick or buzzword that gets run into the ground, so I doubt there'll be any 'my dad died from cancer and it made me super-sad KILL THE ANIMALS HYPE!' next year.

• Locked thread